holy shit - BUSA vs R1

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:23 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person
Re: holy **** - BUSA vs R1

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
HA, that's funny......you think a Suzuki is a REAL bike!
lol... he has been singin this song for a year now.

he still hassnt confirmed when and where he wants to meet me on a midwest track... so he can get his REAL bike ridin *** smoked.

guy's a ****** clown..... and will always be, he caint even pull up a single picture of himself doing a simple wheelie.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:40 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pigs01GSXR2
and no 600 can hang Twisties or not NEVER EVER....
i bet to differ....i ride a 600 and destroy almost all of the riders around here in the twisties. only 1 litre bike i know of is faster than me and that's Jason on his r1. he'd be fast either way. Tony even traded his repsol in on the new 07 600rr.

also, at daytona, tommy hayden was running less than a second off of matt mladin's time. Tommy was way faster in and out of the corners when they analyzed his track speeds and times, but he couldn't pull that straightaway like the 1000 did. so basically, if you take mladin's 1000 and limit the top end to that of the kaw that tommy was on, tommy would have been smoking his *** on the daytona course. what do you say about that? numbers don't lie, look it up on cycleworlds website. there was a huge article on it.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:55 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

With MotoGP going to 800cc next year, it's obvious that the future of sport-bikes is heading in the 600-750cc direction.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:02 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
With MotoGP going to 800cc next year, it's obvious that the future of sport-bikes is heading in the 600-750cc direction.
actually shouldn't have any corelation.....they will still produce the litre bikes and people will still buy them because of superbike class racing. MotoGP guys would still run more displacement if they could, restrictions being the reason they aren't.

my point was it's the rider, not the machine. the lighter 600 and less rotating mass will help in the corners, but 600's can destroy a 1000 in just pure twisties and rider ability because of that. straights, no doubt a 1000 will win because of displacement and hp. we can't really make the statement that 1000's will eat up a 600 in twisties.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:10 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

watch the video again, he lets off the throttle right before the busa comes by, at that speed it doesn't take but a second or two off the throttle and you're down 20mph. He should have kept the throttle pinned the entire time while being passed...
Old 05-04-2007, 04:36 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by binder929rr
actually shouldn't have any corelation.....they will still produce the litre bikes and people will still buy them because of superbike class racing. MotoGP guys would still run more displacement if they could, restrictions being the reason they aren't.

my point was it's the rider, not the machine. the lighter 600 and less rotating mass will help in the corners, but 600's can destroy a 1000 in just pure twisties and rider ability because of that. straights, no doubt a 1000 will win because of displacement and hp. we can't really make the statement that 1000's will eat up a 600 in twisties.
Yes, there's a massive corelation. They're reducing the displacement of MotoGP bikes because they don't NEED it. The current bikes are producing soo much power, they are having problems putting the power to the ground. The RC211v is producing around 240 HP. They have computers onboard which limit the throttle input from the rider. If the rider gives too much throttle, the computer limits the power output. For example, in mid-corner, if a rider gives too much throttle, the computer limits the power output, saving the rider from a low/high side. It's pretty amazing, actually.I was actually backing and agreeing with you about your previous statement envolving Tommy Hayden. As you know from your statement, 600's are catching up to liter-bike performance. Look at the new 600rr, it's been said that it has 750 power characteristics. You're right, they will always produce liter-bikes, because people will buy them, not because they're the best performers. They say it all the time in AMA, 600's are THE future of racing.I also agree about it being the rider, not the bike. I used to keep up w/ liter-bikes all the time on my F3, and when we'ld pull over, the liter rider would be in shock that I kept up.Anyway, it seems that we see things somewhat the same way, I guess I just went off on a tangent about 600's being the future performers, all around.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:56 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by binder929rr
i bet to differ....i ride a 600 and destroy almost all of the riders around here in the twisties. only 1 litre bike i know of is faster than me and that's Jason on his r1. he'd be fast either way. Tony even traded his repsol in on the new 07 600rr.

also, at daytona, tommy hayden was running less than a second off of matt mladin's time. Tommy was way faster in and out of the corners when they analyzed his track speeds and times, but he couldn't pull that straightaway like the 1000 did. so basically, if you take mladin's 1000 and limit the top end to that of the kaw that tommy was on, tommy would have been smoking his *** on the daytona course. what do you say about that? numbers don't lie, look it up on cycleworlds website. there was a huge article on it.
it makes no difference trying to show that inbreed the light.... his ignorance is thicker than the scull it encases.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:50 PM
back in the saddle again

righteous, i know all about fly-by-wire. i'm a mechanic and rc211v is my fav bike of all time. the main thing they started limitations for (which is obsolete now) is displacement different between 2 and 4 stroke. i agree there with the power and all that junk. the 600's are going to perform like a 1000, they just handle better because of weight differences and the way they are designed.

the corelation i was talking about is the motoGP bike sizes to how a 600 verses 1000 will perform. 2 different topics really.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:25 PM

Yeah, I got us all screwed up. I went off topic with the MotoGP thing. You know what I was sayin, and I also know what you're sayin. Peace.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:31 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
watch the video again, he lets off the throttle right before the busa comes by, at that speed it doesn't take but a second or two off the throttle and you're down 20mph. He should have kept the throttle pinned the entire time while being passed...
damn

good eyes.