Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion Polls Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/451-stunt-discussion-polls-forum)
-   -   Dirtbike bars on a streetbike (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/451-stunt-discussion-polls-forum/30547-dirtbike-bars-streetbike.html)

Mark_MPZ 08-25-2003 06:42 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DSOG Thomas [/i]
[B]moving my clip ons out helped a lot, and relieved stress on my wrists [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think the stress on your wrists is from your CLIP-ONS............:moon

Tony MPZ 08-25-2003 06:56 PM

The bars really don't make that much of a difference. Some say it changes your balance point there fore making it easier to 12 but how is that if you are doing no handers. All and all its all about comfort and if you can do the trick with clip-ons then you can do it with MX bars. :cheers

RONNIE 08-25-2003 07:15 PM

hahaha

the chicken came first, no, then egg did, no, the chicken did........ blah blah blah...

i dont care who says what..... people would not go to the "BARS" if it wasnt an advantage. anyone who says they arent are just defending themselves.(which i would do the same) Sure, there are guys goin just as far on stoppies with stock clip ons, but thats not the point. i agree, either you can do a trick or you cant, but unless yer just being stubborn, you have to agree that the bars make it EASIER! cuz if you tell me that a 900 ft stoppie with stock clip ons is just as easy as it is with DIRTBIKE BARS, yer on crack! as far as circles and stuff, maybe, maybe not, im not sure, but on stoppies, 100% sure that BARS=ADVANTAGE.. i dont think its cheater, i just think they belong on dirtbikes. :Dsmile

Darius 08-25-2003 09:11 PM

**** It I'm starting a new trend, I'm putting clip ons on my dirtbike!

nags 08-25-2003 09:13 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darius [/i]
[B]**** It I'm starting a new trend, I'm putting clip ons on my dirtbike! [/B][/QUOTE]

bwahaha:laughing

RONNIE 08-25-2003 09:15 PM

Re: hahaha

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DV8Ronnie [/i]
[B] i dont think its cheater [/B][/QUOTE]

just wanted to make sure that everyone noticed that i made it clear i didnt say it was CHEATING.... i seem to get in a lot of trouble when im misunderstood.lol

and DARIUS! i already put an upper on my dirtbike! its a CR900RR\:Dsmile :apimp

Mark_MPZ 08-25-2003 09:19 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gorka [/i]
[B]I am here to settle the age old question: DIRTBIKE BARS ARE FOR CHEATERS! It's cheating! It makes everything easy. I'll personally guarantee and additional 600 feet on anyone's stoppie the same day, or your money back. It worked for me! Call now and receive an unlimited supply of circle wheelies at no additional cost.

(as for cheating, I have yet to receive my stunters rule book or have yet to see a referee........so game on!) [/B][/QUOTE]

I AM NOT A PAID SPOKESPERSON so let me tell you, I recieved this offer months ago and took it and wow!!! these things even come with a stunt switch....press the button on the bars and the bike does the stunt FOR YOU, all you have to do is hang on!!
offer only good while supplies last so call today!!

RONNIE 08-25-2003 09:22 PM

hahaha

hahahahahahahahahaha...................................................

[SIZE=4]BLAH![/SIZE]

smart ass!:hello

Scarboy 08-26-2003 12:17 AM

Mellen_MPZ

I been wanting to get them for a while, i went to speigler.com and all i saw was brakes can you post a link or part # or something for the triple?? thnx

WestCoast Films 08-26-2003 12:55 AM

i think it takes away from the style of american freestyle when you swap out for the bars...the attitude and the look are the things that set us apart from the euros...you take that away and?...

next thing ya know, someone will see a benefit in wearing a tight spandex riding suit, and open face helmet too....ROFL

j/k, ride the setup ya wanna ride and enjoy it....its supposed to be fun, right?

-tyson
WestCoast Filmworks
InsaneVideos.com

jseese 08-26-2003 12:55 AM

[B]Yo, just wanted to let everyone know we got the new website up :
[url]WWW.madhaterdv8ronnie.com[/url]
Check it out, make sure you sign the guestbook. [/B][/QUOTE]

mmmmmmm.... Site seems to be down LMAO!!!!! Thats some funny stuff, guess I am a little biased my bike came with dirt bike bars, 03 Z1000, what about us or the speed triple are we not allowed because DUKER in VMC seems to be tearin it up on his triple. Just an idea to add to the mix.

Scarboy 08-26-2003 01:12 AM

Damn found the setup $400.00 WHOAAA!!! To much for my blood!!!

Anybody else know a way to put mx's on a gixxer 1000??

[url]http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/lslintro.cfm[/url]

RONNIE 08-26-2003 01:31 AM

dude!

[B]Yo, just wanted to let everyone know we got the new website up :
[url]WWW.madhaterdv8ronnie.com[/url]
Check it out, make sure you sign the guestbook. [/B][/QUOTE]

supposed to put an "LOL" or a "JK" after that.... right?

i am doubtin yer skills on nothing! lol, i remember when you were killin shit with the custom aluminum tape windscreen!!:Dsmile :Dsmile

zenbruddah 08-26-2003 02:30 AM

Instead of buyin a new triple tree you could, if you have the skillz, drill an tap yer stock tree an install the risers, and bars that way. dunno if it would work on a gixxer, or not though haven't taken a good look at the top of the tree on one.

DetroitStyle 08-27-2003 07:35 AM

Look. It's kinda lame that I have to preface this, but let me preface this. I'm not tryin' to hate. Gorka, NickMIST, and the rest of the MX barred crew... you're better than me. I'm not hating or calling you guys cheaters. That having been said...

A modification makes said stunt in question....
a.) easier
b.) harder

Which is it?

It's really just common sense with a hint of logic. Surely nobody is suggesting that MX bars make it [i]harder[/i]? Or do some guys just like the challenge? Thus, it must make it easier.

Changing bars offers an advantage in feel, control, and balance point. That's why it's easier to roll one on my BMX bike than it is on my 10 speed.

Finally.... if it's not easier... switch back to clipons and let's see what you got?

babebblues 08-27-2003 09:04 AM

[B]Ronnie, shut your mouth. The next thing out of it might be your teeth. [/B][/QUOTE]

Watch it !!

Not the teeth.....He has a gorgeous smile!!!

larriken 08-27-2003 09:50 AM

I looooove high bars on sport bikes, either owned or ridden lots of different fighters with high bars. If done right it's a good feeling riding them. Sometimes though the change in weight bias can bugger some bikes up if a few changes aren't made. All good though!!!

TrikChik 08-27-2003 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Why limit yourself by riding a bike set up to go fast around corners.
Handlebars allow you to be more creative.:)

JAVIER 08-28-2003 05:24 PM

I LIKE THAT PIC IT LOOKS GANGSTA.I DID MY BIKE AND TO ME IS BETTER BUT EVERY BODY IS DIFERENT.HEY GORKA HUS UP PAPA ITS ME TONY MONTANA SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND

gmantci 08-28-2003 06:49 PM

Handlebar Mods

I think Tim@Freestyle has these triples in stock......
Call him.
817-713-7948
[url]www.freestyleingenuity.com[/url]