Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   zx6r running like shit (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/261809-zx6r-running-like-shit.html)

tuhy979 08-15-2009 01:49 AM

Re: zx6r running like shit

Holy shit dont drill out that brass plug. there for a reason. You wanna fuck with that have someone who knows wat theyre doin do it. Very fine tuning on that jet and if you fuck it up youre gonna burn a valve. Carbs are old school but very picky. Trust me its not that. Gotta be your floats. Check those before you fuck up your carbs

tuhy979 08-15-2009 02:16 AM

On another note I dont believe you twelved it cause you would have to have youre floats dialed in in on a crarbed bike to even get it to twelve. You fucked you floats up tryin and that is respectable. To fix it tho you need the float guage for that carb. The other guys might be right about the c-clip falling off but you have to adjust your floats after you replace it. Need a float guge for that and if you're tryin to twelve you need to adjust them high so you dont lose fule when you go high or twelve.

Coteracing438 08-15-2009 09:24 AM

[quote=tuhy979;4084565]Holy shit dont drill out that brass plug. there for a reason. You wanna fuck with that have someone who knows wat theyre doin do it. Very fine tuning on that jet and if you fuck it up youre gonna burn a valve. Carbs are old school but very picky. Trust me its not that. Gotta be your floats. Check those before you fuck up your carbs[/quote]

first off those screws are just your fuel mixture screws, factory puts those in for emissions so people dont fuck with them, when i bough my second r6 the fuckhead who owned it before me drilled them out and had the screws set almost all the way out, needless to say she was runnin a little rich, turned them all in and backed each out 1 1/2 turnes to start. hooked it up to emissions and fine tuned it, ran perfect...so fyi jeff, dont sweat it

vegasrider2005 08-15-2009 10:04 AM

[quote=tuhy979;4084592]On another note I dont believe you twelved it cause you would have to have youre floats dialed in in on a crarbed bike to even get it to twelve. You fucked you floats up tryin and that is respectable. To fix it tho you need the float guage for that carb. The other guys might be right about the c-clip falling off but you have to adjust your floats after you replace it. Need a float guge for that and if you're tryin to twelve you need to adjust them high so you dont lose fule when you go high or twelve.[/quote]

your an idiot, i can drag the bar about 20ft, the bike has no problem getting there, but after there for a few seconds it starts to bog. If you dont know what your talking about SHUT UP

vegasrider2005 08-15-2009 10:06 AM

[quote=Coteracing438;4084796]first off those screws are just your fuel mixture screws, factory puts those in for emissions so people dont fuck with them, when i bough my second r6 the fuckhead who owned it before me drilled them out and had the screws set almost all the way out, needless to say she was runnin a little rich, turned them all in and backed each out 1 1/2 turnes to start. hooked it up to emissions and fine tuned it, ran perfect...so fyi jeff, dont sweat it[/quote]

ha ha that guys a fool, in the back of the factory manuel it says if the come loose to drill them out and screw them all the way in and back them out 3-1/2 turns, did that and set the float leval and now its running fine.

vegasrider2005 08-15-2009 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh and here i am attempting 12, :LOL
[ATTACH]264587[/ATTACH]\
shitty quality cuz its a vid still

vegasrider2005 08-15-2009 10:17 AM

[quote=IMR-Merlin;4084561]Ok, did you set the float level like I did with the #1 cylinder at the shop? I think when you dropped the thing, you might have bent the metal tab that controls the float level. If the tab is bent, no matter how well the needle sets. It's of no use if it's not being allowed to fully close due to improper adjustment.[/quote]

ya i think the second from the right was fuck up a bit i ripped it down clean everything again and set the leval, when i got it back together it seemed ok but it was 11:30 so i counldnt let it warm up fully:banghead let you know later Brendon

IMR-Merlin 08-15-2009 10:46 AM

I thought about it a bit more the other night and that is the only thing that I could think of that might be causing you your problem. If the float level is off, then you'll have that problem with it flooding too. (WHEN IT"S NOT @ 12)...

Funny, I could do 2nd gear scrapes for 1/4 mile+ with my 900RR back in the day and never adjusted the float level to "get" to 12 o'clock.:hello :scrape

And for once Cote is correct, I think we discussed this while you were in my SHOP the other day about those being used for emissions (although I told you it wasn't your problem LOL). Now if he'd only post up some riding pics from 09' I'd consider him worthy enough to talk to us again....:squid

vegasrider2005 08-15-2009 10:48 AM

Now if he'd only post up some riding pics from 09' I'd consider him worthy enough to talk to us again....:squid[/quote]
Cote that is:LOL

IMR-Merlin 08-15-2009 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one that goes even further back, 12' ing the 99 R1 in 02'. No "carb" work done to this bike either.:LOL

IMR-Merlin 08-15-2009 12:39 PM

Like my gear? Good thing I got smart and started to gear up more now that I am old... haha

vegasrider2005 08-15-2009 12:50 PM

ha ha you just picked it up put it there then posed, J/k :LOLthat sic pic though youll have to show me a bunch next time i come down:yeah

IMR-Merlin 08-15-2009 02:04 PM

[QUOTE=vegasrider2005;4084987]ha ha you just picked it up put it there then posed, J/k :LOLthat sic pic though youll have to show me a bunch next time i come down:yeah[/QUOTE]

Too bad you can't see the rear wheel spokes. If it was a just sitting on the bar, then you'd see the spokes cuz the wheel wouldn't be spinning...:whoopass:

Coteracing438 08-15-2009 08:39 PM

brendan wait till i bust out the huffy, your going to quit riding in jealousy:LOL pff im rocking 2012 shit, 09 is so old school

vegasrider2005 08-15-2009 08:52 PM

ah ha ha ha ok cote :LOL

IMR-Merlin 08-16-2009 01:48 AM

[QUOTE=Coteracing438;4085396]brendan wait till i bust out the huffy, your going to quit riding in jealousy:LOL pff im rocking 2012 shit, 09 is so old school[/QUOTE]

Just because you're chasing 15 year olds that won't be legal till 2012 doesn't mean you're rocking future shit homeboy...... that's called pedophilia......:nono

tuhy979 08-16-2009 02:01 AM

Who the fuck does 1/4 mile scrapes?????? Why drag it that far? Dont get me wrong, not that good at stunutin. Could only do basic Shit. But been workin on stunt bikes for a long time. You can pose that you've been twelvin a carbed bike but ive adjusted alot of floats to be able keep it twelved. They flood if not. Was the original problem guys dealt with tryin to twelve. And shit man why you want to twelve for a quarter mile? That is shit. By the way twelvin isnt as cool as it used to be. Dont get so defensive.

tuhy979 08-16-2009 02:07 AM

Yor're an idiot. It's bogging because you're floats aren't set. Don't speak if you're stupid. Been workin on bikes for longer then you've been able to make babies. YOU HAVE TO ADJUST FOAT LEVEL TO TWELVE A CARBED BIKE. Fuck you guys are niave! Keep thinkin you know everything. See how far this goes

vegasrider2005 08-16-2009 06:07 AM

The carbs have never been touched on this bike till now and ive never had a problem before:shruggs . Kinda strange maybe i just dont know what putting a bike on 12 means, aslong as i stay on the gas the bike has no problems at all. man and all this time ive been calling that bar on the back of my bike a 12 bar, but i guess i was wrong:LOL. So sorry i guess i was wrong and was mistaken about what i was doing for a trick.:banghead

xxshiftrxx 08-16-2009 09:50 AM

well im glad you got it figured out, if you in that situation again you can always sway float with another carb and see if it floods out the other one, that should tell you wheater its that float or something else. as for that pilot screw, thats ALSO know as the idle screw and that exactly what its for, thats the fuel mixture for idle, being that my back has an open exaust and modded intake i gave it 4 turns maybe a lil more and got the extra pull i wanted on idle.