Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: pick b!tches
msr raptor
33.33%
asv
14.63%
ez pull
34.96%
other??
17.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

ANOTHER clutch lever/ez pull thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 01:10 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: ANOTHER clutch lever/ez pull thread

i think mike m did his and said he added 10 mm ...i think it's in this thread

10 mm isn't very much but f4i's are not to hard to pull to begin with ,my 636 was the hardest clutch i ever had
Old 03-04-2007, 01:20 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Ho_Hey is a decent person

I'll buy a spare clutch arm and maybe next weekend try out this mod for the F4i. I'll post up my findings for the F4i once I get it done thanks again for the info old man roger
Old 03-04-2007, 01:32 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

why buy a new clutch release lever ? if you don't like it just cut it and weld it again...
Old 03-04-2007, 03:47 PM

I just like to keep a stocker handy and if I don’t like the pull I'll sell the modded one to someone else so they can try it out.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:48 PM
also known as OMR

trust me you will like it ....
Old 03-05-2007, 08:38 PM

Dstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

i heard that there is no need to buy any of the big name levers because there are plenty of companys that have been making e-z pull lever set ups for moto x bikes for years for half the price...
an e-z pull lever is an e-z pull lever .. right?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:51 PM

Dstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

this is one of many iv come across.. and its only $34 australian dollars so its like 20 us dollars... i cant see any diff between this and the other set ups that sell for 3 times this amount.. http://www.ballards.cc/ProductDetail...RALIGHT-CLUTCH
Old 03-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

hey i bought mine from HAI, ima help keep their lights onin the store.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:26 PM

Well I went and added ¼” length to my clutch release lever and I’ll be testing it out tomorrow but as far as feel goes right now it’s definitely much easier to pull having done this mod. Honda F4i shown but I am sure it will work for any bike. Name:  DSC00059.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  60.4 KB
Name:  DSC00064.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  155.8 KB
Name:  DSC00068.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  27.4 KB
Name:  DSC00075.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  55.1 KB
Name:  DSC00073.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  61.1 KB
Name:  DSC00078.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  57.9 KB
Name:  DSC00081.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  67.4 KB
Name:  DSC00090.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  50.7 KB
In my opinion this mod already feels better than using a MSR Craptor clutch lever. Oh yeah the lever is up for sale! since I prefer using a stock clutch lever $35.00 shipped! Name:  DSC00002.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  61.2 KB
Name:  DSC00003.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  73.7 KB

http://www.thumperfaq.com/clutch_act.htm

Last edited by Ho_Hey; 03-23-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:59 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

**** looks factory are you running the clutch inside or hb inside... and is 1/4" the most you can go on an F4i? I'm about to do the same thing, but there's plenty of room on the 900... i'm thinking of going 1/2" or 3/4" ???
Old 03-24-2007, 01:58 PM
also known as OMR

i went 3/4 but the kawi has all kinds of room...

if ther isn't enough room on the f4i or the 600rr i would just angle it up so a could get the full length
Old 03-24-2007, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
**** looks factory are you running the clutch inside or hb inside... and is 1/4" the most you can go on an F4i? I'm about to do the same thing, but there's plenty of room on the 900... i'm thinking of going 1/2" or 3/4" ???
You can go 1/2" but I just went 1/4" I rode the bike today and the mod works great I can tell the difference but next time I will go 1/2" :YEAH

I need to move my grips out I have just havent got to it yet.

WWW.HOHEYDESIGNS.COM
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	clutch mod 001 (Medium).jpg
Views:	152
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	191130   Click image for larger version

Name:	clutch mod 002 (Medium).jpg
Views:	144
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	191131   Click image for larger version

Name:	clutch mod 003 (Medium).jpg
Views:	152
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	191132  

Last edited by Ho_Hey; 03-24-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:36 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by old man roger
i went 3/4 but the kawi has all kinds of room...

if ther isn't enough room on the f4i or the 600rr i would just angle it up so a could get the full length
did you have to re-angle the clutch cable reciever? that bracket that bolts to the clutch cover and where you do the adjustments at? If I go 3/4" I think I might have to so it doesn't fray the cable??? should be easy enough with a torch and a vise though...

this is how mine is looking right now, not sure if I weant to keep it like this or go back to the stock clutch on the inside of the hb, how much difference the clutch arm mod makes is going to be the deciding factor...

Last edited by Street Warrior; 03-24-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:10 PM
also known as OMR

i didn't have to bend mine ,it was far enough away so the angle was good but if you have too bend yours i would do it cold not with a torch
Old 03-24-2007, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
did you have to re-angle the clutch cable reciever? that bracket that bolts to the clutch cover and where you do the adjustments at? If I go 3/4" I think I might have to so it doesn't fray the cable??? should be easy enough with a torch and a vise though...

this is how mine is looking right now, not sure if I weant to keep it like this or go back to the stock clutch on the inside of the hb, how much difference the clutch arm mod makes is going to be the deciding factor...

Cable looks fine going 1/4" it doesnt chafe at all but 1/2 you might have to re-angle the clutch cable reciever Can you move your clutch lever in more? Looks like you could get more leverage out from your lever

Last edited by Ho_Hey; 03-24-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:35 AM

lamby is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm might be interested in buying that ho hey. i'll get back to you

Last edited by lamby; 04-13-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:04 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
ASV lever and I added 10mm to the clutch rod actuator too. Easy smooth pull, and indestructible.
+1 same set up
Old 07-18-2008, 02:38 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

Originally Posted by kj
Ive been runnin ASV for a while now... just picked up a moose "ultimate" clutch lever setup.

It does pull A LITTLE easier but the lever itself is mad uncomfortable.... it's fat and square feeling where as the asv was thin and more rounded... Fit my skinny azz fingers better.

Not sure which one I like better yet.... but I will say that the ASV is made much better than the moose.

Just putting the clamp on the moose and I stripped out both bolt holes... and I didn't put very much effort into it. And the cable adjuster pivot lock thingy broke right off the second time I moved it.

I'll let ya know in a week.
those moose easy pulls are complete garbage metal rediculous and they frey cables

Originally Posted by NINER
You know that piece of metal that comes through the clutch cover that the cable attached to on the motor side? Make it as long as you can it makes the clutch easier to pull.
yes the longer you go the more leverage you have the easy the pull is

Originally Posted by kj
You're talkin about the ez pull box thingy right? Not the ez pull lever aka "ultimate clutch lever"?

I have the ultimate lever and it's setup just like a regular lever... just a different hole so the thing is like butter. It is cheap and cheaply made, but still works great.

I have heard a bunch of stories about that in line ez pull thing w/ the little box and cables snaping at bad times. I wouldn't f w/ it.

that box does frey cables so do not use them unless you take it apart and smooth the edges out. otherwise you will frey and snap a cable. they should be sued for continueing to put out products that frey cables and injure rider after rider. pisses me off. just sucks theres no competitors to come out make a quality product to put them out of business
Old 07-18-2008, 05:11 AM
Professional Work Avoider

GSXR Carlos will become famous soon enoughGSXR Carlos will become famous soon enough

i want a similar actuator mod for my gixxer, any ideas?
Old 07-18-2008, 05:27 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by GSXR Carlos
i want a similar actuator mod for my gixxer, any ideas?
no room in the gsxr .

Quick Reply: ANOTHER clutch lever/ez pull thread