Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: Do you want to see this sport become mainstream?
Yes
48.33%
No
22.08%
I honestly dont care Alex
8.75%
Click here for sex
20.83%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Do you want to see this sport become mainstream?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 09:13 PM
jny

jny is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Do you want to see this sport become mainstream?

there are few positives about our sport the way it is. everyone is down to earth and cool. i went to a show this year and met the starboyz. rode w/ them, drank beer. as a rider and a fan that dosent feel worthy of starting my bike next to most of ya on here thats a big thing. from a fan level that is cool to meet the guys that u been buying there dvds and watching for years. i would love to see the sport get more recognition and the riders get better compinsated so they can keep riding and going to shows. but if it comes at a price where your favorite rider sits in a rv all weekend and thinks hes p diddy its not worth it. from what i read on here it sounds like stunt wars was a step backwards. when i went to starboyz show nobody cared who won. it was a reason to get out of town, party, meet some people and see some sick riders up close. but thats all from a spectator/fan point of view. im sure the payouts and money are important to the riders to be able to compete. but i like the level that the sport is motivated by passion to stunt and hang out.. not to get paid
Old 02-19-2006, 04:41 AM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jny
we already have a magazine. its a start
We have had 4 as far as I know...
Street Style Magazine - ran outta money
Asphalt Magazine - not enough money to stay with it
Super Streetbike - Funded by the largest publisher of mags in America whoooo!
2Wheel Tuner - Born from Speed, Style and Sound Mag - Doing a great job and a definate up and comer
Old 02-19-2006, 09:23 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shugga
thanks for writing a new articlefor StuntLife matt

im gonna redo this old stunt articles section
http://www.stuntlifestore.com/old/magazine.htm

Have at it, do what you want with the artical..

COOL!!!:YEAH :YEAH
Old 02-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Tell your mom thanks

Harbourone is an unknown quantity at this point

**** mainstream. Id rather ride with a few good friends to stunt then to ride with a few good friends and see 200 other asshats trying to stunt EVERYWHERE and getting us in ****. Its like the street drag scene. We were fine doing it until the fast and the furious came out and then everyone and their dog was dragging mommys car on main streets and getting us all busted.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:44 PM

750 stunna has a spectacular aura about750 stunna has a spectacular aura about

keep it underground and dirty.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Creater/Founder

Originally Posted by Harbourone
**** mainstream. Id rather ride with a few good friends to stunt then to ride with a few good friends and see 200 other asshats trying to stunt EVERYWHERE and getting us in ****.
No matter what... you can still ride with some good friends...

Some places in the US are already burnt up for street stunting. Wont even take a movie to kill it its already serious
Old 02-19-2006, 04:34 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by shugga
No matter what... you can still ride with some good friends...

Some places in the US are already burnt up for street stunting. Wont even take a movie to kill it its already serious

It's pretty serious down here. Helicopters, airplanes, road blocks, tazers, you name it
Old 02-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Creater/Founder

Originally Posted by nags
It's pretty serious down here. Helicopters, airplanes, road blocks, tazers, you name it
Yeah its getting bad in alot of areas... Sounds like yours is worse than others.

Bad nagsy bad
Old 02-20-2006, 06:44 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

go on the streetfighterz ride....stunt riders TAKE OVER the streets.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:07 AM

LOZ- is a decent person

do I want it to become mainstream? NO.

unfortunately, we live in a capitalist society. if anything has the potential of bringing in profit. somehow a company will start opening parks and what not and begin to cash in on other people's talents. thats just the way things roll. right now is just a matter of time.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:03 AM

killergoose is a decent person

hell no i dont want it main stream i just started i need a littl wow facter be for it becomes 2fast2furey
Old 02-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

It would be great to see this sport go mainstream but i think that once it does that it is going to lose its roots. It's going to become a huge clash between companies and sponsors with endless biotching between riders and companies. I would rather that it stays a street thing, who needs a bunch of coprorate $%#@&es to make up our minds for us. You as a rider have the freedom to do what you want and where you want. when it comes to being corporate, your gonna be the little b$%ch that does whatever they say. But hey, you got your own mind, think what you want......God knows I do.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:29 AM

austin-stunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
It would be great to see this sport go mainstream but i think that once it does that it is going to lose its roots. It's going to become a huge clash between companies and sponsors with endless biotching between riders and companies. I would rather that it stays a street thing, who needs a bunch of coprorate $%#@&es to make up our minds for us. You as a rider have the freedom to do what you want and where you want. when it comes to being corporate, your gonna be the little b$%ch that does whatever they say. But hey, you got your own mind, think what you want......God knows I do.

no no, right now we are the little *****es that get off the parking lot when the old Hag calls the police.
We need to get corporate involved... if the pros didnt get sponsorships, they wouldnt be out there hustling as much... we would see less tricks and less riders. If corporate will pay for pros to ride all day, then thats what we need.. in about 5+ years there will be more advanced stunts. Every year more tricks and more riders is what a sport needs to survive. The only way to do it, is through corporate money.
F U C K, if SSB and Icon want to make a stunt park.. let them... im sick of playing politics with the old hag.. and hiding my stunt spot to new riders only in fear of it getting shut down by police.