Why I Support The XSBA

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 01:19 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Why I Support The XSBA

I am a person who runs a business that survives on the success of this sport we all know and love, streetbike stunt riding, sportbike freestyle, or whatever else you want to say. I really want to see the sport take off and do well. The only way I can see for us to REALLY take off is to try our best to get it mainstream. Have stunt parks, get on X-Games, be on TV, events at big tracks, stunt events at major events around the country, corporate sponsors, etc

How do we acheive these goals? Well we need an association so that we have a voice and can show we are a large group of us. We need to put on professional HIGH PROFILE shows so that people know we exist, and we need big dollar pockets ready to promote us.

As of right now, we have one option. XSBA. We can continue supporting our little stunt shows with all the stunt riders and fans in attendance. Its awesome! We all have a great time and we know 1/2 the people there from the internet, videos, shows, and riding. But we need the mainstream people to see us, we need to be at a HUGE event with fans from all walks of life. XSBA is doing that for us.

Imagine this... What would you say if someone told you that YOU have the opportunity to ride infront of thousands of people at a HUGE national event? Example, at Daytona Speedway. Or how about Daytona Speedway during a Bike Week or Biketoberfest... What would you say? I would be SOOOO GEEKED!! And Guess what? WE do have that chance, every one of us can ride there! We pay the entry free and we can all compete if we so desire. The XSBA set that up for us.
If that show goes well, Daytona Speedway will front the cash for another XSBA event at Bike Week next year!! Thats big payouts for the winner!

The XSBA is run by Clear Channel. Do you guys know who they are? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO CHEAR CHANNEL IS???

You do, buy maybe indirectly... Goto thier website www.clearchannel.com

Now check out www.XSBA.com Click around the site. SERIOUSLY. Click around the site and check out who these guys are. They are HUGE!! FUKIN HUGE!! Check out thier events. Tony Hawk, Freestyle motocross, montster trucks, grave digger, Guns and Roses, backstreetboys, etc etc

If we all want a shot at making this the BIG TIME... XSBA can do it!
What do we all need for this? What does XSBA need for its growth and to prove to the corporate big wigs that WE WANT STUNT RIDING!? We need to show our support, goto the events, check out the website. Support your XSBA competitors.

Anyway... This is all I have to say. Im not getting paid for this no... But if this sport grows, StuntLife will be right there. I want this sport to be huge! I want all the stunt teams to be HUGE big ballin millionaires, because I will never be rich until they are! So when I say support your local stunt rider I mean it, the big dogs, the up and coming guys, they are all part of this sport. And the bigger the XSBA gets, the bigger the riders get. The bigger they get, the more places we will have to ride and play. The bigger it all gets, the more shows we will be able to go to. The bigger all this gets, the bigger all the little businesses like mine get.

You get the point now.

I just thought i try and educate you all on who we are dealing with here. BIG TIME Stuff in the works. Lets roll with it, not against it.
:D
Old 10-16-2002, 01:37 PM

icehot113 is an unknown quantity at this point
clear channel is definately a good company to have backing the sport, i bet most of you who listen to the radio listen to a clear channel owned station, also, check out all the bill boards, im sure you have some clear channel owned billboards around too... clear channel was giving out like $1mil on the radio last year, nationwide contest between all the stations, but they donated it to a sept 11 fund after that happened...

they are also the partner for the AMA freestyle motocross championship.... they definately have a desire to make **** big, because it makes them money...

ive never been to a xsba event, i guess they are having one this year at biketoberfest, but xsba i dont think has ever had a event in florida...

it should be interesting to see how this year plays out, im expecting it to be sick!
-icehot113
Old 10-16-2002, 01:46 PM
Creater/Founder

More about Clear Channel taken from thier website.

Clear Channel Entertainment is the leading producer and promoter of specialized motor sports events, primarily staged at stadiums and arenas. The company stages over 660 events per year and over 250 hours of network and cable programming, featuring such premier racing series as Supercross, USHRA Monster Truck Jam presented by Ford Trucks, IHRA Drag Racing and others.

The Motor Sports Group develops integrated opportunities for marketers to leverage its properties, including series entitlement, Monster Truck sponsorship, and licensing opportunities. For example, in 2001 the company established a marketing alliance with McDonald’s, which sold toy Monster Truck replicas in its Happy Meals.

In 2001, Clear Channel Entertainment achieved record-setting attendance for two of the Motor Sports Group’s primary properties, Supercross (up 9%, from 568,000 in 2000 to 619,000 in 2001) and the USHRA Monster Jam Series (up 12%, from 1.8 million to 2.0 million in 2001). These increases resulted in a 21% growth in gross live-event merchandise sales, which represents a $2.3 million increase in gross merchandise sales vs. 2000.

Clear Channel Entertainment Motor Sports Group acquired the International Hot Rod Association (IHRA), a premier drag racing series, in 2001.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:05 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with you 100% Greg. I want to see this sport take off the same way freestyle motocross has, and I think that it is very possible. I plan on putting a lot of effort into helping this once I finish my masters degree next year. I know a lot of riders would rather keep it underground, and they think it is "selling out" to go corporate. But the fact is that it takes a company like Clear Channel to help bring this into the homes of mainstream America, which is where the money is. I think that in the future there will be freestyle streetbike competitions at events such as the X-Games and Gravity Games. I had to oportunity to work at the Gravity Games in Cleveland this year and I got to see first hand how much work is involved and exactly how BIG these events are. That is where we want to be ladies and gentlemen.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:26 PM
Creater/Founder

Originally posted by Dirty B
I know a lot of riders would rather keep it underground, and they think it is "selling out" to go corporate. But the fact is that it takes a company like Clear Channel to help bring this into the homes of mainstream America, which is where the money is.
True true... They want to keep it underground so its still "our" sport. They want the big dollars too. Both cant happen. If you want the big bucks, if you want the opportunity to be a big player in this game, you need to get more peoples pocketbooks out!

FMX was started the same way. They are our "idols" for now, because they were young punks like us once and now they are BALLERS!! Corporate America sponsored ballers.

Watch the X-Games. You will notice the guys who do well are not getting rich from winning, they are rich from the sponsors they pick up when they win. Notice the commercials. The winners are paid to advertise stuff like 1-800-COLLECT. THAT is where the money is, mainstream america in people living rooms.

Now that i said that... Read this tidbit from ClearChannel.com about what they do...
Clear Channel Entertainment’s Television and Film division produces network and cable programming for most of the major broadcast and cable networks including, HBO, CBS, NBC, ESPN, the WB, A&E and The History Channel. The division has also produced major motion pictures for Paramount, Warner Brothers and 20th Century Fox.

Another

Clear Channel Worldwide (Clear Channel Communications, Inc., NYSE: CCU), headquartered in San Antonio, TX, is a global leader in the out-of-home advertising industry with radio and television stations, outdoor displays, and entertainment venues in 66 countries around the world. Including announced transactions, Clear Channel operates approximately 1,225 radio and 37 television stations in the United States and has equity interests in over 240 radio stations internationally. Clear Channel also operates approximately 776,000 outdoor advertising displays, including billboards, street furniture and transit panels around the world. Clear Channel Entertainment is a leading promoter, producer and marketer of live entertainment events and also owns leading athlete management and marketing companies.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:29 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
DTE has been trying to tell everyone this for OVER A ****** YEAR NOW!!! WTF!! Shuggs, I can remember talking to you about the XSBA in Long Island and you basically told me to "eff" myself. Why the change in opinion?

Lata,
Bri

BTW, Stunt Riding is a very small community and it's amazing how one persons opinion can sway the whole industry. We need to seriously think more about the decisions we make as individuals. Stand up for what you believe and not what you hear.

My $.02 Can I have some change please?
Old 10-16-2002, 02:35 PM

ex-zx6r is an unknown quantity at this point
I was just looking around and...

I found this on the xsba site. It was in a recap about one of the events.....

"The main event is run in reverse order of qualifying which allowed Dan Jackson to compete last. He returned to the main event with a strong run, pulling off his signature "Ape-Hanger", and other very aggressive tricks."

I thought kyle from XXX came up with that SIGNATURE move?????
Old 10-16-2002, 02:41 PM
Creater/Founder

Originally posted by bri_dte
DTE has been trying to tell everyone this for OVER A ****** YEAR NOW!!! WTF!! Shuggs, I can remember talking to you about the XSBA in Long Island and you basically told me to "eff" myself. Why the change in opinion?
I remember, it wasnt quite like eff yourself, as much as it was "Im not supporting that. Not me!"

My change in opinion? We as we all know the XSBA got off to a rocky start, you guys getting tossed out, Pauly always winning when there are better riders, poor judging, etc etc

That was before Kenneth took over. He has hired Thomas to run judging and has been working hard to create a sport for the riders.

I didnt support it before because of my own ignornace. I didnt know the facts, just went by hearsay. Thats was my fault. I have been reading up on it lately and talking to alot of people about the pros and cons. I also have been speaking with Kenneth about the direction it has been going. He REALLY is trying to make this sport for the riders, run by the riders. Im all about that.

I didnt know what Clear Channel was. To me it was a big corporate entity taking our riders. But its not.

So in short, it was the information I had at the time that I based my judgements on then. I have since heard more facts, seen more changes, and seen the potential of what can happen if we all pull together for one common goal.

So thats my story and Im stickin to it!
Old 10-16-2002, 02:42 PM

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
This is all I have to say.............No matter where it goes, I'm going with it!:D
Old 10-16-2002, 02:46 PM
Creater/Founder

Re: I was just looking around and...

Originally posted by ex-zx6r
I thought kyle from XXX came up with that SIGNATURE move?????
Yes but has Kyle ever competed in the XSBA? As far that that crowd knows, Dan Jackson is one of the only guys to do the ape hanger in a competition. Chauncey from DTE also has pulled off an apehanger in XSBA competition though.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:58 AM

icehot113 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: I was just looking around and...

Originally posted by Shugga
Yes but has Kyle ever competed in the XSBA? As far that that crowd knows, Dan Jackson is one of the only guys to do the ape hanger in a competition. Chauncey from DTE also has pulled off an apehanger in XSBA competition though.
isnt there a xsba event this year at biketoberfest? maybe well see a cliffhanger in the competition! heh
-icehot113
Old 10-18-2002, 03:12 AM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point
Shuggs,
Forgive me if i repeat a few things, but i haven't had a chance to read everybody's post cause i'm tired, i've got an early class in the mornin and the only reason i'm on right now is to watch a vid with Gorka doin' circle 12's.(and to see pat eat it on an apehanger)

your post caught my eye cause i'm doin an exploratory paper over the XSBA for a class-i share, as most of us do, many of the same points that you present.

But while your at the XSBA site-go around and check out everybody else's payouts. up to A MILLION DOLLARS. What is that sayin for us? If we fill the stands the same as the FMX guys then that says there better than us. Bull$hit. I know it's taken them a long time to get to their stature, but we didn't just get here ya know.

Sure clear channel is a huge advertising agency/promoter-but are they really looking to the future, i hope so. Cause if i could wish for one thing, it would be that one day i would find myself competing in front of 35,000 screamin fans for boocoo dolla's wearing my own line of clothes and sporting tons of mainstream sponsors. I would like to know that all these broken bike parts and all the road rash and all the hours spent perfecting one trick at a time will be worth something one day. I would also want nothing more than to make all those a-holes that said wheelin' a bike won't get ya nowhere(like my mom and all those punk track guys) eat thier freakin words.

Your right- we need money and advertising to do this, but why can't we get what cash is coming to us right now. I'm not talkin millions,though it would be great, but what is $1000 payout when it cost you almost the same just to go, compete and wait for the next event

as for the crowd ignorance-let it be-it gives us more time to stretch out our trick list. that way we don't overwhelm them and then be thrown out like some fad. That's the worst that could happen-(knock on wood)

thankx
Aaron

and shuggs, if you got any new info-i sure could use it in my paper-i need to get a A in that class.lol
Old 10-18-2002, 03:19 AM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point
damn, he never ate crap on the apehanger-someone lied to me

oh well, good night all
Old 10-19-2002, 04:29 PM

KENNETH929RR is a decent person
im going to join stuntlife and let shugga sponser me!!!!!!! lol!
Old 10-19-2002, 06:40 PM
7th StuntLife Forum Member

BiG C is an unknown quantity at this point
I didnt read all the posts but I think I have the idea. It sounds like XSBA knows what they are doing, In my opinion XSBA really needs to travel the country a bit more. MORE BIG CITIES like Chicago etc.

lata
Old 10-22-2002, 01:04 AM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
I would like to agree with Thomas, DTE and Shugga! Clear Channel is HUGE and can give us the dollars and exposure that everyone so desire's. Just give it a year or two, they are "ironing" things out right now. The riders will act more professionally and so will the XSBA, just give it more time. Everyone will grow together.

I was at Biketoberfest, I didn't pay the big bucks to get into the XSBA events but I did pay the $10 to get into the Glen Castle Stuntfest at the stadium, and by the way that was incredible. Great Job Glen and Elite 1 promotions and Sportbike Extreme Magazine! This event was safe with steel fences in front of fans, and a some what organized everyone go this way and then when everyone has gone this way, then go that way stunt performance. Kyle Woods made the show. He was slapping friends on the back after a cool stunt, dodging bikes and playing chicken with circle burnouts. He is the true Ambassador of this sport we love.

Long story short, support your local stunters and support the XSBA. They are both doing the best they can to iron out the wrinkles.

Goose
Old 10-22-2002, 01:44 PM
Creater/Founder

Originally posted by BigBalla
But while your at the XSBA site-go around and check out everybody else's payouts. up to A MILLION DOLLARS. What is that sayin for us? If we fill the stands the same as the FMX guys then that says there better than us. Bull$hit. I know it's taken them a long time to get to their stature, but we didn't just get here ya know.
Why would they give out big bucks? We dont fill the stands. You know how many people went to Daytona this weekend and paid to watch the XSBA competitions? Not many. One hundred if that? We need to prove ourselves by bringing teh fans. Yeah this one was on the DL, and not advertised because we were trying to show off teh potential to the speedway, but we DONT bring huge crowds. Nascar, 250,000 people in attendance, FMX, 35,000 you say... Streetbike stunt competitions, 5,000 max? We dont deserve the money yet, thats why Im saying the potential is there, we just need to work hard to get it where it should be.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:00 PM

R1Fast is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm???

Quote from Tom:
"bottom line?? the xsba has gotten the sportbike freestyle industry more media attention that any other one thing.... and I am proud to be a part of that..... "

Not quite sure on that one,,, I would have to say the "TEAMS" them selves have accomplished this. Example:
1. Videos
2. News Reals
3. Real TV.
4. Max X.
5. Todd Colbert has been in the news more than most.
6. All of the competitions and local shows has been in the media more than anything. I know I personally have put many commercials out, Sexton, has put aritcles in the Sport Rider for us.
7. I can't even count how many times the papers have mentioned the sport.
8. James900rr has convinced a local tv program to air a show about Xtreme riders every Friday night in FL.

Any who.....
Great Job with the XSBA, I support the Idea, completely.
I don't support the marketing or the promotions. I believe there is way too much room for improvement..

I do believe that it is only a matter of time before TWC, call about airing a show Live.

Thomas,
You are doing a good job with what you have to work with.
Amen, on the Liability statement. haha..

Shuggs,
Great job with showing the possibilities of the Future.

There is strength in numbers.
I have a "little" experience in Marketing, if you need or want any help, please give me a call. (863-581-6386)

I can't wait to see the day when I turn on the tv and see Patrick, Kye, or DTE performing live.

Until then:
Trick Safe & Speed Safe
Glen
Old 10-22-2002, 06:48 PM

Lance__ is an unknown quantity at this point
either way i'll ride underground or pro... i wouldent mind the money....LOL
Old 12-05-2002, 08:08 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Why I Support The XSBA

Originally posted by Shugga
I am a person who runs a business that survives on the success of this sport we all know and love, streetbike stunt riding, sportbike freestyle, or whatever else you want to say. I really want to see the sport take off and do well. The only way I can see for us to REALLY take off is to try our best to get it mainstream. Have stunt parks, get on X-Games, be on TV, events at big tracks, stunt events at major events around the country, corporate sponsors, etc

How do we acheive these goals? Well we need an association so that we have a voice and can show we are a large group of us. We need to put on professional HIGH PROFILE shows so that people know we exist, and we need big dollar pockets ready to promote us.

As of right now, we have one option. XSBA. We can continue supporting our little stunt shows with all the stunt riders and fans in attendance. Its awesome! We all have a great time and we know 1/2 the people there from the internet, videos, shows, and riding. But we need the mainstream people to see us, we need to be at a HUGE event with fans from all walks of life. XSBA is doing that for us.

Imagine this... What would you say if someone told you that YOU have the opportunity to ride infront of thousands of people at a HUGE national event? Example, at Daytona Speedway. Or how about Daytona Speedway during a Bike Week or Biketoberfest... What would you say? I would be SOOOO GEEKED!! And Guess what? WE do have that chance, every one of us can ride there! We pay the entry free and we can all compete if we so desire. The XSBA set that up for us.
If that show goes well, Daytona Speedway will front the cash for another XSBA event at Bike Week next year!! Thats big payouts for the winner!

The XSBA is run by Clear Channel. Do you guys know who they are? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO CHEAR CHANNEL IS???

You do, buy maybe indirectly... Goto thier website www.clearchannel.com

Now check out www.XSBA.com Click around the site. SERIOUSLY. Click around the site and check out who these guys are. They are HUGE!! FUKIN HUGE!! Check out thier events. Tony Hawk, Freestyle motocross, montster trucks, grave digger, Guns and Roses, backstreetboys, etc etc

If we all want a shot at making this the BIG TIME... XSBA can do it!
What do we all need for this? What does XSBA need for its growth and to prove to the corporate big wigs that WE WANT STUNT RIDING!? We need to show our support, goto the events, check out the website. Support your XSBA competitors.

Anyway... This is all I have to say. Im not getting paid for this no... But if this sport grows, StuntLife will be right there. I want this sport to be huge! I want all the stunt teams to be HUGE big ballin millionaires, because I will never be rich until they are! So when I say support your local stunt rider I mean it, the big dogs, the up and coming guys, they are all part of this sport. And the bigger the XSBA gets, the bigger the riders get. The bigger they get, the more places we will have to ride and play. The bigger it all gets, the more shows we will be able to go to. The bigger all this gets, the bigger all the little businesses like mine get.

You get the point now.

I just thought i try and educate you all on who we are dealing with here. BIG TIME Stuff in the works. Lets roll with it, not against it.
:D

OLD THREAD, but lets talk about this some more! I am a supporter of the XSBA, simpy because it brings uniformity to our beloved sport. And also big recognition and support from corporations.

But mostly because of the love that stunters show other stunters at these events....everyone is SO close and down to earth.

In one way I'm glad its not on the streets as much, but then again....it is SO much fun on the streest too! I'm torn!

Goose

Quick Reply: Why I Support The XSBA