Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion Polls Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/451-stunt-discussion-polls-forum)
-   -   Do you want to see this sport become mainstream? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/451-stunt-discussion-polls-forum/147596-do-you-want-see.html)

FSPalex 12-11-2005 11:56 PM

Do you want to see this sport become mainstream?

Stunting has come a long way over the years, and it seems to be progressing faster and faster, like a snowball. sponsors and shows and glitter is all cool and i support that to the fullest, but i personally enjoy the grimey dirty underground aspect too. i dont really know where i stand on the issue, sometimes i dont even care actually, but what do all my dear friends on haterlife.com think?? :hello

LivingCanvas 12-12-2005 12:02 AM

Re: Do you want to see this sport become mainstream?

First to vote! Ha! I voted NO. More power to the people that make something of it, but im not into all that

FSPalex 12-12-2005 12:06 AM

[QUOTE=LivingCanvas]First to vote! Ha! I voted NO. More power to the people that make something of it, but im not into all that[/QUOTE]

didnt u used to light fireworks from the back of ur 12 bar and scrape??? glama stunter.... :rolleyes:

but i agree with you more power to the ppl that do it but in the words of Cbo "that jus aint my styyy dawg" :laughing

bigbrian 12-12-2005 12:11 AM

stunting is always going to be illegal on the streets, and property owners are always gonna call the police when you are practicing on there land... so it is always going to be somewhat "underground". but i dont think bigtime sponserships and more competions around the U.S. are going to hurt us any. i think the more people who know about the sport aspect of it the better. im sick of old ladies calling the police because we are riding wheelies at 5 mph in an empty parking lot.

LivingCanvas 12-12-2005 12:13 AM

[QUOTE=FSPalex]didnt u used to light fireworks from the back of ur 12 bar and scrape??? glama stunter.... :rolleyes:

but i agree with you more power to the ppl that do it but in the words of Cbo "that jus aint my styyy dawg" :laughing[/QUOTE]

The devil made me do it :flamed

Big Jarsh 12-12-2005 12:15 AM

Define "Mainstream" for me..

Do you mean, like X-Games "main Stream" or Stunt Parks opening up?

Reguardless I'm gonna say (and don't take offense to this) it won't happen durring your stunting "career"

Big Jarsh

2502 12-12-2005 12:16 AM

those kids that are 13 or 14 are the ones you're going to see on the x games. this "sport" is what skateboarding was when i was a skater. now look at tony hawk. just gotta keep your head in the game. don't fukk your sponsors. don't get a big head yet. while some of the bigger name stunters are big on stuntlife, you're noone to the rest of america. you know the ones that flip thru espn and stop to watch some insane display of 40 backflips on a dirtbike. it's going to get there. the future is with the kids up and coming. a lot of these doods are busting azz and hustling. they're the ones you're gonna be seeing making news. watch and see.

Tony Carbajal 12-12-2005 12:23 AM

[QUOTE=FSPalex]didnt u used to light fireworks from the back of ur 12 bar and scrape??? glama stunter.... :rolleyes:

but i agree with you more power to the ppl that do it but in the words of Cbo "that jus aint my styyy dawg" :laughing[/QUOTE]

:laughing Glama i voted sex :shruggs Nothing happened :bs
it would be cool if the sport made it to x-games or something because most of the x-games events are held here and we need more events here in socal. But i just wanna ride with a bunch of cool people and be in videos n stuff. I dont really know about it gettin all mainstream n all but im happy with riding with friends and doing shows from time to time making some extra money (Dirty stunt money) while having fuunnn

GSE Brent 12-12-2005 12:29 AM

i honestly think that 1 day street freestyle will be apart of the x games. They let freestyle motocross become a x games sport then y not street freestyle? They're starting to do it in arenas now where its the intermission during fmx shows and at races

FSPalex 12-12-2005 12:42 AM

[QUOTE=MI-ST636]i honestly think that 1 day street freestyle will be apart of the x games. They let freestyle motocross become a x games sport then y not street freestyle? They're starting to do it in arenas now where its the intermission during fmx shows and at races[/QUOTE]

yea i know what ur talking about but what about rules? handbrakes, bars, cheater pegs, stabalizers, db bars, there are so many factors to take into consideration...

FSPalex 12-12-2005 12:43 AM

[QUOTE=teamclc]:laughing Glama i voted sex :shruggs Nothing happened :bs
[/QUOTE]

im sorry that u cant get it up! :LOL :LOL

GSE Brent 12-12-2005 12:59 AM

[QUOTE=FSPalex]yea i know what ur talking about but what about rules? handbrakes, bars, cheater pegs, stabalizers, db bars, there are so many factors to take into consideration...[/QUOTE]

Yes thats true but all those items are almost necessities. I think there should be classes like from amature to pro class.

tim 67 12-12-2005 01:27 AM

i think it would ruin the sport, it would become just another trend.

Ninja63619 12-12-2005 01:31 AM

thats totally true. I saw some post the other day on here , cant remember which one, and i started thinking this sport is exactly like skateboarding when it first started getting popular back in the day,when the tricks were done on the board with only the heal raised up, I remember back in the early 90"s skating wasnt really populary yet but up and coming. Everybody hated them, hated them skating everywhere and would put up signs and call the cops when they were , and automatically labeling them as some Stoner Punk Kid. Now look at it , 95% of citys in the U.S have a skatepark near by, and if theres not theres one 30 minutes away from where some kid lives. Theres tons of pro"s , tons, and tons of kids getting sponsored by companys and local shops , I have two really good friends from high school back home in the bay area who went pro.This sport right now is how skating was back in the late 80"s early 90"s , more and more people are getting into it , more and more little kids are stunting 50"s and cant wait till there 16 to get a bike to stunt, and its attracting more and more big companys who want to get into this sport to sponsor it. I think in a little over 10 years maybe less people will start to see it mainstream.

TheRomanSF415x 12-12-2005 02:01 AM

i personally wouldnt mind seein it mainstream but how many other ppl enjoy watching stunting as we do here on stuntlife?? i mean sure your average joe gets jealous when he sees someone on a bike doin a wheelie with ease on the streets and thinks to himself hmm i wanna be that guy but doesnt have enough balls.. so if it goes mainstream thers gonna be alot of idiots riding around thinkin theyre hot stuff but on the good note it will be recognized as a sport instead of just stuntin

TrafficCriminal 12-12-2005 02:08 AM

I like it underground...
As far as will it go mainstraem hard to tell still...look at Flat land freestyle on bicycles cool as shit to watch but never made it big..and none of the riders make any real money... :2cents

Big Jarsh 12-12-2005 02:11 AM

Yeah but you gotta look at it this way too...

People who don't know the sport, see a burn out and go nuts,
they see someone creepin by in a no hander at 5 mph and are like whoopty wooo

maybe first we should educate the people on what is cool or not.

Big Jarsh

$!x 12-12-2005 07:32 AM

I voted yes but that was before i read the first post, good point. If it becomes mainstream it wont be as great when you see another stunter... itll just be a shrug off your shoulders.

FHL 12-12-2005 08:00 AM

You have to be able to keep the crowd entertained.

$!x 12-12-2005 08:02 AM

... and the women too haha