Do i need to rejet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 06:28 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Do i need to rejet?

I cut my exhaust about a week ago and i'm wondering if i need to rejet. My bike is an all stock f3, so the exhaust was stock too. I cut approx. 3" off the end of it which was basically one of the baffles. Do i need to rejet? It seems to run alright, sounds kinda weird with the cut exhaust, but response and power seem to be fine. Just don't want to burn anything up....

Jon
Old 09-07-2004, 06:44 PM

headache is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Do i need to rejet?

you shouldn't have any problems. a friend of mine took his stock baffle completely out of his 03 r1 and it runs just fine. Crazy loud though. If you have any doubts just check the plugs.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:38 PM

freddyspens is an unknown quantity at this point

street bikes come jetted on the lean side from the factory so they pass emissions. your bike would most likely run much better if you were to jet it, especially since you made it leaner when you cut the muffler(which reduced exhaust back pressure). i highly doubt you have to worry about it but its possible to melt electrodes or burn an exhaust valve ,among other things, on a 4stroke if its run too lean,so it is definately a good idea to check your plugs. if they are pitted or look like they are burning up or melting you should jet it- but i would recommend jetting it anyways cause you should see a big improvement in response and power in general which makes things that much easier.. my -hope that helps
Old 09-07-2004, 11:42 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i'll have to pull the plugs and check em out. As long as i'm not gonna burn something up I think I could wait till this winter to jet it. I don't really wanna tear it apart with only a month or so left to ride, even though i'm sure i could do it in an afternoon....