Will this work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 10:22 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person
Will this work?

Since I can't seem to get the wheel high enough to not fall back down again clutching it sitting in second gear would it be possible to clutch it really softly in first just enough to get the wheel off the ground then shift it into second and bring it up?

Is it normal for 954's to have a really really weak rear brake? I can push mine as hard as I can and it won't lock up the rear tire, I tried it because I thought it was way too weak. There's only about an inch of travel on the lever also.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:27 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Will this work?

Originally Posted by FHL
Since I can't seem to get the wheel high enough to not fall back down again clutching it sitting in second gear would it be possible to clutch it really softly in first just enough to get the wheel off the ground then shift it into second and bring it up?

Is it normal for 954's to have a really really weak rear brake? I can push mine as hard as I can and it won't lock up the rear tire, I tried it because I thought it was way too weak. There's only about an inch of travel on the lever also.
bleed it...and then sell ur bike cuz u dint kno that
Old 09-06-2004, 10:34 PM

palladin18 is an unknown quantity at this point

You could go for bringing up in first and then shift into second but since you cant get it up high enough in second it might be a problem cause in first you will have to bring it up higher so you can let off the gas to shift into second without the biek dropping

i think that you should not have to shift gears, just clutch the bike up into the balance point and rock it.

in regards to the rear brake, bleed it and you might have to make an adjustment to it.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yo, FHL everybody can tell you spend more time sitting around thinking about your bike more then you ride it. Just go ride it and forget about stunting for a while. Go make some friends and ride every day. After a month or so of just riding you won't have to ask these dumb questions. Seriously. You arent going to get answers that are going to help you. Why did you even post asking about shifting? There are TONS of posts on here talking about shifting if you search. From now on when you have a question.. #1 SEARCH... #2 Go out and TRY ****.. and #3 DONT POST QUESTIONS... Just figure it out yourself and be proud you did it on your own.

I dont care WHAT altitude you are at.. that bike will wheelie all day in 2nd gear in capable hands. The reason it wont wheelie for you is because you dont know what you are doing. The reason you dont know what you are doing is because you spend all of your time posting dumb questions and giving dumb advice to other people instead of practicing. PRACTICE OR SHUT THE HELL UP.

I'm not trying to be an *** to you but you need to chill the hell out. go ride.

Now, the brake issue could be because of a few things. All the hondas I have ridden have crappy rear brakes compared to the gixxers. This may be due to the fact that gixxers use a dual piston rear caliper and the hondas dont. Your 954 might though I dunno but it doesnt seem to be a problem to anyone else out there. You might want to consider changin your pads and bleeding your brakes. If you have EBC pads, take em off and throw em in the garbage and get the OEM honda pads. EBC pads usually feel GREAT for a while and quickly turn into treebark. Just get the stock pads and forget about it.

GO RIDE.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:55 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Seeing as he was trying to tell me on aim last night the proper way to wheelie was to slip the clutch rather than popping it, I doubt he is actually mashing the back brake to lock it up.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:06 PM

pa1n is an unknown quantity at this point

you don't have big enough *****.

just get completely smashed and get on your bike. i bet then you could bring it up in second.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:43 AM

SloppyRob is an unknown quantity at this point

Bro, I've read your posts for a while and they're funny as hell. But I feel bad for you at the same time. TRUST ME, you can bring that bike up in second. In fact....you can easily loop it clutching it in second. Please follow these instructions......1-shift to second 2-cruise at 30mph 3-around 3.5k-4k grab half to 3/4 throttle and hold it till you kinda hear the motor hit the powerband still holding it open....4- Dip clutch in with one finger (Squeeze it and let it out). 5-Stay on throttle til the front end skies. I don't care if you live in the clouds your bike should shoot up. Trust me. Thank me later.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:50 AM
Dax

Dax is an unknown quantity at this point

954's do not have notoriously weak rear brakes. So take your Honda to your local Honda motorcycle dealer and pay them $800 to bleed your rear brake.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:10 AM
Regular StuntLifer

brandolb is an unknown quantity at this point

FHL thinks cause he stepped up to a bigger bike that he would be able to wheelie.....wrong. Still having the same problems huh.
Get out and ride.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:49 AM

stunterd is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 600rr. A bike that lots of people says is bad for stunting, because there is so much weight forward. Well when I first got the bike I could only power it up in 1st couldn't even clutch it up. . why cause i didn't have enough practice. Got clutching down and now i can do highchairs and tank spreaders with stock gearing (which is really tall on the 600rr) then I moved to second gear. Same thing that thing wouldn't come up no matter how hard i pushed pulled or reved. Then I tried standing and boucing it up. WOW! it worked. Then i learnt to do that in 3rd and 4th holly fu*k!. Practice does help. So I tried sitdown 2nd gear clutch ups. . . nuthin damn I guess I just can't clutch up my bike in 2nd. I'll try a bounce and a clutch. . . wow after more practice it worked. But I wasn't satisfied So i've been practiceing and tonight it finally clicked I can clutch in up sitting down in 2nd with no bounce and a full tank of fuel. wtf? How'd I learn all this? I practiced, and practiced oh yeah and i crashed a cppl time, but i got right back up and practiced then I crashed again and I practiced some more. Wow I've gone from not being abble to do **** to being able to do something. In the process of all this did you see me asking all these questions? NO there is a search function for a reason and sticky they will answer 90% of peoples questions and they will answer 99% of your questions FHL. Will it teach you anything. . . no you may learn something from it but, you won't get any better unless you go out and practice.

Now think if I can clutch up sitdowns in 2nd on a 600 with stock gearing, on a 600rr that has a weight bias to the front andd really tall gearing I'm sure if you go out and PRACTICE or get this just ride and get to know your bike. I can't do all this **** cause I've been stunting for a long time, cause I havn't I've only been riding for a cppl months but i ride every day.
Sorry every one I'm just tired of this kid posting about these stupid questions, with the amount hes posting on here I wonder if hes even out riding.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Dax

Originally Posted by stunterd
I have a 600rr. A bike that lots of people says is bad for stunting, because there is so much weight forward. Well when I first got the bike I could only power it up in 1st couldn't even clutch it up. . why cause i didn't have enough practice. Got clutching down and now i can do highchairs and tank spreaders with stock gearing (which is really tall on the 600rr) then I moved to second gear. Same thing that thing wouldn't come up no matter how hard i pushed pulled or reved. Then I tried standing and boucing it up. WOW! it worked. Then i learnt to do that in 3rd and 4th holly fu*k!. Practice does help. So I tried sitdown 2nd gear clutch ups. . . nuthin damn I guess I just can't clutch up my bike in 2nd. I'll try a bounce and a clutch. . . wow after more practice it worked. But I wasn't satisfied So i've been practiceing and tonight it finally clicked I can clutch in up sitting down in 2nd with no bounce and a full tank of fuel. wtf? How'd I learn all this? I practiced, and practiced oh yeah and i crashed a cppl time, but i got right back up and practiced then I crashed again and I practiced some more. Wow I've gone from not being abble to do **** to being able to do something. In the process of all this did you see me asking all these questions? NO there is a search function for a reason and sticky they will answer 90% of peoples questions and they will answer 99% of your questions FHL. Will it teach you anything. . . no you may learn something from it but, you won't get any better unless you go out and practice.

Now think if I can clutch up sitdowns in 2nd on a 600 with stock gearing, on a 600rr that has a weight bias to the front andd really tall gearing I'm sure if you go out and PRACTICE or get this just ride and get to know your bike. I can't do all this **** cause I've been stunting for a long time, cause I havn't I've only been riding for a cppl months but i ride every day.
Sorry every one I'm just tired of this kid posting about these stupid questions, with the amount hes posting on here I wonder if hes even out riding.
Word!
Old 09-07-2004, 11:19 AM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dax
954's do not have notoriously weak rear brakes. So take your Honda to your local Honda motorcycle dealer and pay them $800 to bleed your rear brake.
I'll do it for $550.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:36 AM
Dax

Originally Posted by Flametoe
I'll do it for $550.
I can't beat $550, I need to make some profit after flying out to Denver and bleeding the rear brake for 2 minutes.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:39 AM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dax
I can't beat $550, I need to make some profit after flying out to Denver and bleeding the rear brake for 2 minutes.
yes, Denver to Nunya = big airfare.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Regular StuntLifer

brandolb is an unknown quantity at this point

How do those spreaders work with that plastic tank?
I'm guessing that you can't dent it in...just wondering.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:01 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

This is how it's done. The only thing that really works in this **** is PRACTICE.