f3-900rr motor swap question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 08:00 PM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point
f3-900rr motor swap question...

alright, i did a search on this and came up with a bunch of half assed posts... i read that swapping a 93-95 900rr engine into an f3 is very possible with little work.. i read and saw pictures on cbrworld a bike with it done... some one said all that is involved is a little cut and weld of the frame, and bending the motor mounts (the ones closest to the radiator) out about a half inch on each side.. u can use the stock f3 wire harness and cdi box and rad... other than those minor mods, it bolts right in.. the fairings also bolt right back on too... now my questions are, do you think this swap is worth doing?? had anyone done this? what other parts do you think i might need?? dont tell me to just buy a 900rr because i dont have the money, and there is a chunk taken out of the block of my f3.. so my options are another f3 engine, or the 900rr swap... gimme your on this, or if you have links to threads, hook me up.. thanks
Old 09-06-2004, 08:06 PM

Re: f3-900rr motor swap question...

dont answer if you dont know... no bullsh*t in this thread....
Old 09-06-2004, 08:27 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

To answer your first question I'd say if you can find a 900rr engine for approx. the same price as another f3 engine than its worth it.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:43 PM

crazeinc is an unknown quantity at this point

if you've got or know a welder and your f3 motor is ****ed up why not. the f3 motors don't make any power, it would nice to have like 30 more hp.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:48 PM

thats what im sayin, 30 more horsepower would be nice, especially for highway wheelies.. no more clutchin the living f*ck out of if to get it up in 3rd... and highchairs in 2nd would be nice too... if anyone has anymore info on how to do this swap, like where i need to cut and weld, i would really appreciate it... links to threads if you got em...
Old 09-15-2004, 12:59 PM

fitzonthemark is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the process of doing the same thing. You have to cut little notches in the frame to get the motor to fit and weld some new mount. Do you have the motor already? It's pretty easy to tell what you have to do to get the motor in the frame when you have to two together. Make sure your sprockets line up. Good luck, I've working on mine for almost a year w/ no end in sight. I'm doing something similar to Tacky's bike on cbrworld. I've got a new tail, single-sided swingarm, and I'm custom fabricating an upper. Be careful man, I've sunk way more money into this than I EVER wanted too, but if you're just doing the motor it shouldn't be that bad.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:25 PM

i gave up on that idea, i read more into it and found a website explaining it... to much work, they had to pull the motor and re-cut and weld like 4 times... so i said f*ck that... im just gonna toss another f3 motor in it, and buy an f41 too...