highchair stoppies???

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 04:49 AM

1wheelfelon is an unknown quantity at this point
highchair stoppies???

been workin on them the last few nights, just wonderin if anyone had any tips as far as positioning or how to lean, thanks in advance

FTP
Old 06-23-2004, 09:24 AM
HERE COMES THE POLICE.

COOKIE MONSTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: highchair stoppies???

get some of that stuff that covers pipes.. i forgot what it's called, i was doin highchair endo's and i had some sick *** brusies on the back of my knees.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:16 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

I lean back a lil when doing them, I'm new to them myself, I can only roll them 5-10 feet right now but with practice.....
Old 06-23-2004, 02:49 PM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont see why you wanna lean back???? i lean forward to do mines, well just to initiate the endo..... after that just roll it out like a normal stoppie...... this is couple things i ran into problems w/ the first time.... when not leaning forward i couldnt get it off the ground...... when coming back down from a hc stoppie the first time my front legs just flew up so be aware of that..... once you do it its all gravy..... i do mines in 2nd gear..... but make sure you land with some speed (do not come to a dead stop) so when you land you can still ride it out...... that helps especially when doing 1 handed hc endos.

oh yeah and its called pipe insulation ...... most of them should come w/ adhesive already on it..... i put duct tape on the inside so it doesnt rip.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:30 AM

cookin-f2 is an unknown quantity at this point

just like what akj said.i lean forwrds on mine,once u get used to it coming up u will then learn all the same steps u would when doing a reg. stoppie.my boy rick from pbr is sick on those,i saw him roll like 50+ one time on a clip.another thing ak said that u should take to note is have some speed when u come back down,if u dont u better hope u can balance ur bike at a dead stop.i have done that one more times than i can count,i even lost a brake lever one time.get foam installation and some zip ties cause u can seriously cut the back of ue legs up!!!!!hope u learn them and roll some mad highchair endos one day bro,peace out
Old 06-24-2004, 11:27 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Well I guess everyone has their way, it's all in how you feel comfortable doing them I guess, someone can sit here and tell you how they do something but once you start doing it you will find the way fits you.....
Old 06-24-2004, 11:50 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1wheelfelon
been workin on them the last few nights, just wonderin if anyone had any tips as far as positioning or how to lean, thanks in advance

FTP
COOKIN-F2 & A56KUSER GAVE YA SOME GOOD ADVICE, I DO MINE THE SAME WAY. THE PADDED PIPE INSULATION IS A MUST. AND REMEMBER IF YOU FEEL A LOOP COMING ON--TRY TO JUMP TO THE SIDE!MY BUDDY RAFE[MOVIESTARGIXXER6] FLIPPED ONE , NOT PRETTY. HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE TO BAIL. BE SAFE. BABY STEPS...
Old 06-24-2004, 11:56 AM

5150Pat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a56kuser
..... i put duct tape on the inside so it doesnt rip.
Damn dude your a genious I have been replacing mine alot cuz it was ripping every once awhile. :YEAH Thanks for that