Stunnin 600's?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 03:59 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
Stunnin 600's?????

How many people here stunn on a 600?? I was thinking about getting a new bike and thought a new 600 might be pretty good for stunnin, they would sound really cool hittin the rev limiter at 15,500 in a burny, they are hella light compared to a 900rr or a r1, less power for easier smoother slow wheelie's. when I drop my **** it will be easier to pick up, just over all lighter and easier to throw around, the downfalls I could forsee, harder to do highchair wheelie's n tricks that require more power, smaller tank for highchair stunts and feet over stoppies n burny's etc... I dont know how they stoppie but it couldnt be worse than a r1, so far I have been checking the zx-6 and zx6rr, R6, and the new honda but it has a pipe in the back which might make it hard for 12's, what do you guys think, the 900rr cant be the best forever it would be cool to find a bike that would be better for stunnin.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:46 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

hessogood is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out the reckless methods forum and website. My boy Tony stunts an F4i like no other.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:23 AM

PrplHaz4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by hessogood
Check out the reckless methods forum and website. My boy Tony stunts an F4i like no other.
^^ yea that...
Old 10-10-2002, 08:43 AM

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
F4i's are the ****!!! And yes, endos roll very nice!!:D Tank wheelies and highchairs have to be done in 1st gear unless you gear the heck out of it. I'll have my 6 forever!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	endo.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1700  
Old 10-10-2002, 09:03 AM

Pete_SOI is an unknown quantity at this point
I stunt a six.I would like alittle more power but I don't really complain.Like papa kev said you tank wheelies with stock gearing are limited to 1st gear....I geared mine out so I can get them in second.Another thing to think about though,you are killer with the combos...with a six IMO combos are alittle harder.You have to have a six at the balance point the whole time...if the front end drops alittle it lacks the power to bring it back up like a liter bike.For example...going from a flaming to a tank wheelie,you have to be smooth and at the point.Other wise it tends to want to drop.Just a few things to think about...other than that I think it's phat to stunt a six.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:29 AM

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
<------check the avatar. I use to stunt a FZR600. Like everyone else said, you have to do tanks and highchairs in first. Now that I have my 900RR though, I don't think I could go back to a six. I rode my boys gixxer 600, which use to feel powerful to me, now feels like a toy. But you do get more respect for pulling the same **** on 6-hun.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:06 AM

jmacdaddyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing wrong with stunnin' on a 6, I have changed the sprockets out so as to get more power, but overall it's not to bad. And I have to agree with Pete on the balance point.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:45 AM

ProzaK is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with everyone in here...

they lack power but if your smooth and on point IT DONT MATTA US!!!

lol 600's are the ****... check out the video... everything in here is me on my f4i.. they can do it all just like a liter bike.. just less room for error...

www.recklessmethods.com/pics/tony.mpg
Old 10-10-2002, 01:10 PM
Group Moderator

BTBent is an unknown quantity at this point
So far everything that has been said is on track...only thing id be worried about for you also is your combos because you do have to be in balance point all the time or front will drop and rev out your gear. Stunting an R6 i wouldnt say its the best idea just like it moves around alot on the track and is "twitchy" seems like it does the same with stunting. zx6r is the best stunt 600 in my eyes i have buddies that stunt both that and f4i's . Ive only stunted an R6 though so what can i talk . Im 2 teeth down in front and 2 up in back clutch everything up in 2nd and you can still get good length on highchairs and such...but yes you HAVE to be in balance point. The only reason i stunt mine is cus it happened to be my first bike haha.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:19 PM

Raybone is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by BTBent
So far everything that has been said is on track...only thing id be worried about for you also is your combos because you do have to be in balance point all the time or front will drop and rev out your gear. Stunting an R6 i wouldnt say its the best idea just like it moves around alot on the track and is "twitchy" seems like it does the same with stunting. zx6r is the best stunt 600 in my eyes i have buddies that stunt both that and f4i's . Ive only stunted an R6 though so what can i talk . Im 2 teeth down in front and 2 up in back clutch everything up in 2nd and you can still get good length on highchairs and such...but yes you HAVE to be in balance point. The only reason i stunt mine is cus it happened to be my first bike haha.
when you pull your 12's did it make a huge difference when you changed your sprockets?? did you pull 12's before you changed your sprockets??? im at the point where i want to try them maybe you could explain to me how to do them on a 6 with stock gearing???
Old 10-10-2002, 01:27 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Dirty B
<------check the avatar. I use to stunt a FZR600. Like everyone else said, you have to do tanks and highchairs in first. Now that I have my 900RR though, I don't think I could go back to a six. I rode my boys gixxer 600, which use to feel powerful to me, now feels like a toy. But you do get more respect for pulling the same **** on 6-hun.

Are you dyslectic, or do you just have a problem talking like Yoda..............................?

Goose
Old 10-10-2002, 01:37 PM
Group Moderator

Originally posted by Raybone
when you pull your 12's did it make a huge difference when you changed your sprockets?? did you pull 12's before you changed your sprockets??? im at the point where i want to try them maybe you could explain to me how to do them on a 6 with stock gearing???
Personally i dont like going fast in my 12's at all so in that sense it did help because it slowed me down. My first 12 was with stock gearing though. The slower im going the better if feels to touch that tail down for me but at the same time the slower you go the more side to side lean you get witch is kinda sketchy. Its all whats more comfortable for you...but you can 12 with stock gearing. Keep in mind im still learning them...Prozak 12's an f4i id like to hear his input. Last night i slowed my bike down so much i should of just parked it but it started to fall to the side...im still learning how to keep that bike upright while going slow...its a biatch...actually i cant really figure it out...practice practice practice!
Old 10-10-2002, 01:44 PM
Regular StuntLifer

BTB Matt is an unknown quantity at this point
What everyone else said is right on the money. Everything on a 6 is cool, except long *** wheelies are a bitch. You have no room to play with and have to be stuck in your balance point to carry any distance. You could still bust some sick combo's but your going to have to shift a lot. My 6R right now is 1 down 2 up and I can clutch up second gear high chairs no problem. 3rd gear clutch up sit down and standups are easy too. I'm going 10 up in the rear right now for 12's so I'm guess I'll just be playing in 3rd and 4th from now on for long ****.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:52 PM

im down one tooth in the front.... and i did all the same **** on stock gearing..

600's are already geared real low... i can creep a wheelie at about 5-6 mph chuggin my bike along in 1st at 1500-2000 rpms... almost stalling it out... but im going so slow that the bike just wants to tip over... so i guess gearing it wouldnt help much unless you want it to be easy to get it up ??

i dunno i never tried really gearing it but 1 down and stock work for me my .02
Old 10-10-2002, 01:59 PM
Regular StuntLifer

BTB Matt is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by ProzaK
im down one tooth in the front.... and i did all the same **** on stock gearing..

600's are already geared real low... i can creep a wheelie at about 5-6 mph chuggin my bike along in 1st at 1500-2000 rpms... almost stalling it out... but im going so slow that the bike just wants to tip over... so i guess gearing it wouldnt help much unless you want it to be easy to get it up ??

i dunno i never tried really gearing it but 1 down and stock work for me my .02
Right now when I pull my **** up fast and slow my bike sputters, guess you don't have to worry about that with your FI.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:15 PM

Yea.... another reason i dont wanna hop on a 900RR
Old 10-10-2002, 02:19 PM
Group Moderator

Originally posted by BTB Matt
Right now when I pull my **** up fast and slow my bike sputters, guess you don't have to worry about that with your FI.
My bike dont sputter....i think its just cus you have 20K + shmobbing miles on your piece Matt :D and you put that full system on it and i dont think they ever jetted it right...
Old 10-10-2002, 02:21 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by BTB Matt
What everyone else said is right on the money. Everything on a 6 is cool, except long *** wheelies are a bitch. You have no room to play with and have to be stuck in your balance point to carry any distance. You could still bust some sick combo's but your going to have to shift a lot. My 6R right now is 1 down 2 up and I can clutch up second gear high chairs no problem. 3rd gear clutch up sit down and standups are easy too. I'm going 10 up in the rear right now for 12's so I'm guess I'll just be playing in 3rd and 4th from now on for long ****.
The ZX-6R is probably the best stunt 600 out there, I say this because I've seen Joe with www.triplextreme.net do everything on that 600 that Brock and Kyle can do on 900RRs. And he' rollin 500+ foot endos.....

they'll be at the XSBA stuntfest at Daytona Speedway Fri, Sat, Sun Oct 18th, 19th, 20th. They will trying for the world record longest endo(the record it 660ft). All of them can do can do 500+

So everyone get a Kawi 6 and watch the next TripleX video.....

Goose
Old 10-10-2002, 03:36 PM

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Goose
Are you dyslectic, or do you just have a problem talking like Yoda..............................?

Goose
WTF?

Quick Reply: Stunnin 600's?????