NEED HELP (electrical) might have fried my bikke

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:08 PM

JoeBloDFW is a decent person
NEED HELP (electrical) might have fried my bikke

07 zx6r..

so a couple of you guys know i wrecked broke my collar bone not too long ago...

well the main line of wires that goes on the pass side of the bike along the frame got cut in half almost all of them.. before i started splicing them back together, all the lights would come on w/the key but no start and no fuel pump noise.

anyway i started stripping the wires to reconnect them but my dumb *** didn't unplug the battery and when i was stripping (i think) the black w/yellow stripe almost shocked me, so i disconnected the battery and continued

when i got done connectin all the wires plug the battery turn the key and now nothing so i double checked all the wires one at a time and they were all right and still when i turn the key nothing at all no light no horn nothing.

also the black/yellow stripe wire that sparked was on the battery side of the wires not the broken side

so did i fry something? or is this a simple as a fuse?
after all this happened i didn't feel like messin w/it anymore plus when it almost shocked me i jumped and hurt my collar bone a little more so didn't wanna continue last night

if anyone has a wire diagram or knows what to do or where to check please let me know... tryin to get this bike to a stunter but don't wanna even start till it'll start

thanks guys