please help me somebody..

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 09:43 AM

ROSS81 is an unknown quantity at this point
please help me somebody..

i was changing my pads on my 03 zx6rr fronts no problem at all, done in no time.. went to change the rear pads but the piston wont go back in2 the caliper at all.. its hasnt came out at an angle it just will not budge at all..
the pads were really worn out.. i have a fti adapter handbrake setup if that makes a difference..

ive tied searching but havnt found anything yet..

please any help would be appreciated im badly stuck...
Old 12-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
Re: please help me somebody..

check your brake fluid level in the master.. If the resevoir is full you'll have to take the lid off then that will allow fluid to be pushed back up the line.. Then you should be able to get the piston to push back in. That's your problem unless the piston ceased.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:51 AM

ROSS81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: please help me somebody..

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
check your brake fluid level in the master.. If the resevoir is full you'll have to take the lid off then that will allow fluid to be pushed back up the line.. Then you should be able to get the piston to push back in. That's your problem unless the piston ceased.

for the reply, i got it sorted i think it just had came so far out that it really hard to go back.. i think the main problem was trying to push it back and keep it square at the same time.. but i got it its all good...