Vortex gas cap makes tank vaccum sealed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 08:05 PM
PowerhousePerformanceCycl

zeus_r6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Vortex gas cap makes tank vaccum sealed?

Replaced the stocker R6 tank cap with a Vortex and had to use the seal-all around the base so it wouldn't leak...now after I run it for a while, it creates a suction in the tank. I'm sure if I ran it from full to empty like this, it would suck in the tank...is there a way around this as a breather?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:32 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Vortex gas cap makes tank vaccum sealed?

there is a little set screw on the under side of the cap that you have to take out so it can vent to the over flow tube .

p.s gas usually makes pressure when shaken and heated not suction
Old 12-27-2008, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the info...didn't know since I bought it used
Old 12-28-2008, 01:44 AM

undercvr_skank is a decent person

if you take that screw out for it the breathe gas wont come out when youre in a wheelie and you have a full tank? just wondering cause i have a gineric one and gas comes out. wondering if the same thing happends with the vortex
Old 12-28-2008, 02:20 AM

Scott982 is a decent person

Originally Posted by undercvr_skank
if you take that screw out for it the breathe gas wont come out when youre in a wheelie and you have a full tank? just wondering cause i have a gineric one and gas comes out. wondering if the same thing happends with the vortex
My vortex cap never leaks. I had one of the cheap copies off ebay and it leaked really bad.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:02 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by undercvr_skank
don't know about the knock off but with the vortex it vents to the well around the filler hole and thats where the vent hole is
Old 12-28-2008, 09:41 PM

I pulled out that set screw and a check ball fell out...is this normal?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:30 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by zeus_r6
I pulled out that set screw and a check ball fell out...is this normal?
yep just make sure the gasket around the base of the cap is good and you should be set , some times the pressure in the tank will blow that gasket out ...

there should be no pressure now that you took the set screw out
Old 12-29-2008, 03:34 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

i need to try it every time i open my gas cap it is like a volcano
Old 12-29-2008, 03:37 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Suicidl
i need to try it every time i open my gas cap it is like a volcano
yep , i think that check ball is supposed to let the cap vent but it never does , it's probably in there so no gas splls out if the bike is upside down
Old 12-29-2008, 08:07 PM

Dstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

i got my vortex gas cap and base yesterday and went to take out the screw but noticed theres 2 screws with hex heads..

one under the base and the other right beside it but on the opposite side of the base.

which one do i take out? or do i take both out?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:08 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Dstunts
i got my vortex gas cap and base yesterday and went to take out the screw but noticed theres 2 screws with hex heads..

one under the base and the other right beside it but on the opposite side of the base.

which one do i take out? or do i take both out?
two ???? never seen one with two but i haven't looked at any new ones ..

there will be a check ball under one of them and thats the one you want to take out , if there is a check ball under both then just make sure the one you take out is venting from the bottom of the threads on the base to the well around the filler hole
Old 12-30-2008, 12:46 PM

two?

Mine only had one
Old 12-30-2008, 02:51 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by zeus_r6
two?

Mine only had one
did it work
Old 12-30-2008, 04:10 PM

Dobey1 is a decent person

I ran vortex and never leaks. its a must!
Old 12-30-2008, 05:45 PM

kaiks is an unknown quantity at this point

i cant find the set screw hole on my cap at all
Old 12-30-2008, 05:52 PM

kaiks is an unknown quantity at this point

oh And Its A F4i
Old 12-31-2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Suicidl
did it work
I dunno, my damn breather tube has a pinhole leak inside the tank...drips gas out of the breather tube because of it
Old 12-31-2008, 11:50 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by kaiks
i cant find the set screw hole on my cap at all
it's not in the cap it's in the base
Old 12-31-2008, 02:16 PM

I suppose I can just run the stock breather line and cap off the overflow nipple under the tank?

Quick Reply: Vortex gas cap makes tank vaccum sealed?