F4i not starting when warmed up

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 07:16 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: F4i not starting when warmed up

Originally Posted by old man roger
he doesn't listen very well
I forget easily but I always listen to advice from others skippy
Old 11-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

Whats the status?
Old 11-22-2008, 01:02 AM

joey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these parts

it kinda sounds like the starter clutch to me. had that happen on a quad and once i changed it started perfect every time. pain to get to cause its behind the flywheel. also on my f4i i changed the stator cover and didnt have a gasket so i used liquid gasket now when its hot it cranks a little slower but always starts.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:50 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by villa76
Whats the status?
I got lazy and havent went back out yet but tomorrow I'll check that out along with something stock told me to check for.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:50 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by joey1
it kinda sounds like the starter clutch to me. had that happen on a quad and once i changed it started perfect every time. pain to get to cause its behind the flywheel. also on my f4i i changed the stator cover and didnt have a gasket so i used liquid gasket now when its hot it cranks a little slower but always starts.
I replaced the whole starter motor.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:58 AM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

Famous people got bodyguards stuntriders with loot need mechanics.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:59 AM
NealFoReal

What the **** are you babbling about
Old 11-22-2008, 03:01 AM
Not guilty

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
What the **** are you babbling about
Old 11-22-2008, 05:53 AM

DWJmoto will become famous soon enough

yea but the starter clutch is behind the flywheel but not sure if it'd be that cos you said it"s not push starting very easy ether but if the starter clutch is gettin stuck it might not push start very easy idk
Old 11-22-2008, 06:23 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

fixed yet
Old 11-22-2008, 09:10 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DURTY-636
fixed yet
N O
Old 11-22-2008, 09:16 AM

joey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these parts

it's not in the starter motor it's inside the stator cover behind the flywheel.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:23 AM
injured

purcy89 is a decent person

check the cable from the solenoid to the starter for damage, replace it if u can, after a motorswap in my mustang i had, my car would start fine cold but when it got warm, the cable wouldnt hold the load and it wouldnt start so i made a new cable outta some heavy guage power wire for subs and it starts beautifully
Old 11-22-2008, 06:17 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by DWJmoto
yea but the starter clutch is behind the flywheel but not sure if it'd be that cos you said it"s not push starting very easy ether but if the starter clutch is gettin stuck it might not push start very easy idk
Originally Posted by joey1
it's not in the starter motor it's inside the stator cover behind the flywheel.
Got it. I'll check that out too

Originally Posted by purcy89
check the cable from the solenoid to the starter for damage, replace it if u can, after a motorswap in my mustang i had, my car would start fine cold but when it got warm, the cable wouldnt hold the load and it wouldnt start so i made a new cable outta some heavy guage power wire for subs and it starts beautifully
I replaced those cables when I put the new starter in.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:17 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by DURTY-636
fixed yet
Originally Posted by Zuki750
N O
+1 thats a negative
Old 11-24-2008, 07:47 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

grease munkey here!!! hahahaha
Old 11-26-2008, 02:07 AM
NealFoReal

****** bike Mike looked at it and couldnt figure it out either. I worked out a deal for a new motor but the kid who got me the hookup for this bike/motor said the kid who sold it to me would work with me Plus he's got another motor from another f4i - a 2006. Ima try to get him to swap for that one since he said nothings wrong with this motor and to call him if there is. You all know how that goes though. Once I call him and tell him the motors fucked theres gonna be a million reasons why he wont do ****. ****** scumbags
Old 11-26-2008, 02:27 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

****** bike Mike looked at it and couldnt figure it out either. I worked out a deal for a new motor but the kid who got me the hookup for this bike/motor said the kid who sold it to me would work with me Plus he's got another motor from another f4i - a 2006. Ima try to get him to swap for that one since he said nothings wrong with this motor and to call him if there is. You all know how that goes though. Once I call him and tell him the motors fucked theres gonna be a million reasons why he wont do ****. ****** scumbags
i still don't think it's the motor
Old 11-26-2008, 02:39 AM
NealFoReal

well i wish you were here coz i cant figure it out and it didnt look like mike could either so i dont know what else to do. what else would you look at? i pretty much swapped everything electrical that could be the problem
Old 11-26-2008, 02:39 AM

I_throw_nickels is a decent person

im with you on that one...runs TOOOO good for it to be the motor...thats right, 4 o's good

Quick Reply: F4i not starting when warmed up