f4i oil pressure problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:42 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
f4i oil pressure problems

Does anyone elses f4i, when it looses oil pressure from either being on the bar, or from laying your bike down, does it take a good 20-40 seconds to rebuild pressure?

I've ran thick oil the entire time I had my f4i, gonna change it out to see if it helps, currently running 15-40 rotella..

Would switching to say 5-30 or 10-30 help at all?

Even when my bike is blazing hot, if I say stall my bike out on the bar, lose pressure, drop the wheel, it takes a good 20 sometimes 30 seconds before my oil light shuts off..

And a few days ago, I parked my bike in my friends yard.. Kick stand sunk in and it fell over.. It probably laid on its side for a couple hours..
When I went to start it that night, it took damn near a full minute to build pressure..!
It was fucked to, had me scared.. When I started it, no pressure.. 30 seconds of no pressure and the engine started ticking and clanging more then normal.. Then after about 45 seconds the engine quited down, and 1/2 second after it quieted down, the oil pressure came back (prolly started getting lubed, quited down, and built full pressure....)

Is this normal? I can't test on either of my friends f4i's right now because they are both out of service..

Btw I have removed my oil pan 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months, the strainer is SPOTLESS, perfectly clean.. I change my oil filter every 1000-1500, as well as changing my oil every 1000-1500.. I've also had my oil pump out twice, and its perfect, looks perfect, and is well within spec..
Old 08-06-2008, 03:51 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: f4i oil pressure problems

subscribed,.........
Old 08-06-2008, 03:51 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

have you done the clean air mod???

my buddys bike dosent have it done and it was on the side for about ten min..flooded like hell and the light was on for abit after they got it started...took awhile to start to...
Old 08-06-2008, 03:54 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by havok
have you done the clean air mod???

my buddys bike dosent have it done and it was on the side for about ten min..flooded like hell and the light was on for abit after they got it started...took awhile to start to...
yup got the clean air mod on it