Suzuki Radials For HB's

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Suzuki Radials For HB's

I don't know if its has only happend to me, but I feel this is why I have herd so many bad stories about people not able to bleed GSXR Radial MC's. so heres how you fix them.

1: How to find out if your gsxr radial has this problem is simple, dis connect the reservoir and brake lines then drain it of all brake fluid.
only thing u need attached to the MC is the reservoir hose and lever.
Make sure your bleed screw is tight and now either attach anold front stock brake line to it or put your lips against the master when the banjo bolt goes and blow into it. listen for the air to blow out of the reservoir hose, if u can't hear it then most likely you can blow any pressure through the line/banjo bolt hole.

2: So now you have diagnosed that your gsxr mc is not alowing reservoir feed.

3: And here is the fix, take your lever off the MC and then put it back on, notice that you have to put pressure on the rod that pushes the piston into the mc... now that the lever is off u can blow pressure through the banjo bolt hole, simple fix is to grind away little by little to the end of the rod that goes into the lever that actuates the piston in the MC till u can slide the lever retaining bolt through the MC with out compressing the piston., here is a picture of therod u need to short lightly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	brake.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	191063  
Old 03-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: Suzuki Radials For HB's

I completely drained my entire brake system from caliper to foot master to HB master and bled it in under 10 minutes after I did this little modification.

running 04 gsxr radial mc/FTI HB adapter
Old 03-22-2007, 04:36 PM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

huh?
Is this if your pressure is good, but you still think your line has a little air in it or if it wont pump up at all?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Scrapes Elbow

takes for ever to bleed and creats pressure lock on your foot brake.

i was having weird problems.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:15 PM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

What exactly is pressure lock on the foot brake? I have sever weird problems as well, but I thought it was all due to needing bled better. I will try this for sure to see what happens.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Scrapes Elbow

my rear caliper was locking up after a few uses. hb would get extremely hard and foot brake...
Old 03-22-2007, 05:48 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

I have had issues bleeding mine and my Hb is extremly hard compared to others.. just figured i had no air at all in it.. seems to work like a champ though.. no lock up issues and FB still works great..
Old 03-22-2007, 05:59 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i put new pads on the front of my bike the other day and i just pushed the pistons back in to allow room for the new pads

when i was done i noticed that the tire was not spinning freely , i opened the resivour and the tire then would spin freely , so i just took out a little fluid so it was at he full line and replaced the cap and all was well....

my point is two fold,1 too much fluid in your resivour can cause your brakes to stick ,2 the ful line is on the resivour for a reason

i know this has nothing to do realy with what wheeliest was talking about but it was a weird brake problem so i thought i would post it here
Old 03-22-2007, 06:04 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
I have had issues bleeding mine and my Hb is extremly hard compared to others.. just figured i had no air at all in it.. seems to work like a champ though.. no lock up issues and FB still works great..
dude your HB almost felt like you couldnt pull it in at all. Maybe its because you got it setup for no leverage though?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Scrapes Elbow

yeah i fill to the fill level. sometimes alittle less.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:10 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i had my hand and foot break lock before but i don't have a gsxr mc ,i think maybe i had it too full and once the fluid got hot it expanded enough to create pressure on the caliper,again i just took out a little fluid and havent had the problem ever since..knock on wood
Old 03-22-2007, 06:22 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Beto
dude your HB almost felt like you couldnt pull it in at all. Maybe its because you got it setup for no leverage though?

The lever only has like 2 1/2 inches cut off of it..
I dunno when my new clip ons come in I'm putting a stock lever with the ball cut off of it back on it and changing to DC so I'll recheck what wheeliest is talking about then.. I always thought I just bled mine better than all of you guys..
I mean seriously it feels rock hard and only has maybe an 1/8 of pull to complete lock up...
Old 03-22-2007, 06:25 PM
also known as OMR

I dunno when my new clip ons come in I'm putting a stock lever with the ball cut off of it back on it and changing to DC so I'll recheck what wheeliest is talking about then.. I always thought I just bled mine better than all of you guys..
I mean seriously it feels rock hard and only has maybe an 1/8 of pull to complete lock up...
thats how a shitty mc feels it doesn't really move much ,no feel
Old 03-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Scrapes Elbow

yeah my HB feels as good as any front brake now.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:28 PM

ct954 is an unknown quantity at this point

my handbrake did the same thing. it would not relealse pressure. Mine was the hole that alows the fliud to go back was clogged... So your saying the rods not coming out enough to let the fluid back???
Old 03-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Scrapes Elbow

yes sir. somthing of that nature, all other MC's i had laying arround i could blow pressure through... but the gsxr radial.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:40 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

hahah my HB is better than yours
Old 03-22-2007, 06:43 PM

Yeah mine is definetly shitty then.. cause it has a on and off button on it... and very hard to get on.. I thought it was the lack of leverage from being mounted on the outside of the clutch but must be something else... It takes to figers to pull it down from a scrape right now... kinda sketchy
Old 03-22-2007, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Beto
hahah my HB is better than yours
Your HB has a shitload of air in it... shouldn't be able to pull it back to the bars Beto..

I'll fix mine next week.. riding tonight...
Can't believe your scared of the streets.......

Sorry for whoring out the thread.. but this is very interesting to know!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:46 PM
also known as OMR

i can put my bike in third gear with the idle cranked up to 3500 and lock my rear brake with my pinky..........

Quick Reply: Suzuki Radials For HB's