Get'n it up?? help on a zx-6r

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 12:48 PM

Macca is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Get'n it up?? help on a zx-6r

Right I've a '99 zx-6r Stock.

firstly this is all new to me!!

I've been trying this bouncin method in 2nd and I'm getting no where, does it help if I have a play aroung with the suspension set up?

I can get it up in first if I clutch it but its only there for a second or 2, where am I going wrong???

Let me know if there are any other members from Edinburgh, Scotland that can maybe show me where I'm Fcukin up?

Old 05-03-2003, 09:15 PM

Sinista is an unknown quantity at this point
gear it down 1 in front up 4 in back it ll come up like you wouldnt believe
Old 05-03-2003, 10:15 PM

cstmgsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
i had the same problem when i first started...wait i still have problems, but anyway, i went 1down in front, and now it seams that i have to try and try and try to finally get it up, what i have found is this......
(with less than 1/2 tank) get the rpms up, start feathering your gas a little to get the feel of the jump, then pounce really hard on the front and stick your *** in the air, when you time it just right it will come up, i used to try and try and it would only come up a foot or so, and i figured out that i was anticipating the rise so i was always leaning fwd to it would feel better, now i find that getting on the gas and then let off enough so the front compresses a little and thats when you bounce the front down then as it is comming back up gas it hard, it will rise trust me...

and DONT CLUTCH FIRST!!!!

the best thing for first is this, at the start get in the gas a little the just let off and twist hard like 2-3 times, the last time keep in the gas it will come up real quick so be prepared, also try the bounce thing in first only when you feel it come up let off the gas, that way you can get use to the timming it requires for second, just be prepared because it will trow you off the back, so like i said in first bounce gas and let off, kinda all at the same time till you get use to it....

hope this helps
Old 05-04-2003, 06:32 AM

Macca is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Getin it up!!

Now I've just go to get put their and practice.

Does any one know If I drop one in the front and add 3 to the back can I keep the stock chain??

Another thing - I've been clutching it in first for ages now and I have to say that My clutch in now Screwed, when I'm riding hard it now slips from 12k on wards - so its gona be the bouncin method from now on for me!!!!!