B/P Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 04:19 PM

Joes01R6 is an unknown quantity at this point
B/P Questions.

Hey guys I have some questions on Balance Points. I did some searching and couldnt really come up with what I was looking for. I am getting pretty descent at sitdown wheelies but my prob is that when I start wheeling I am on and off the throttle so the bike is up/down up/down and I end up going 80-90 and have to put it down. I am also starting to get standups and have the same prob. I just took my first video footage the other day and hopefully can post it, but I could tell I wasnt high enough. So how do I get my hand to stop being on and off the throttle and how do I know I have reached a Balance Point? Thanks in advance.. :YEAH
Old 06-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough
Re: B/P Questions.

your gonna want to buy a power band, reposition your balance point, get a 99 tooth sprocket, a 954 front end, put some hot suace in your tank, get a 150 shot of nitrous,an engine break, and don't forgot the handbrake!
Old 06-14-2005, 05:02 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gundamms07b
your gonna want to buy a power band, reposition your balance point, get a 99 tooth sprocket, a 954 front end, put some hot suace in your tank, get a 150 shot of nitrous,an engine break, and don't forgot the handbrake!
Hey no offence but sounds like he was posting a genuine question

To joes...

Work on smoothness, I've always been told to **** height or distance and work on smoothness.. wheely low but do it smoothly, roll on the throttle gently and call a good wheely one with a smooth throttle action... once you get that smoothness down you'll be able to get it up higher and longer all whilst keeping it smooth. I doubt it's a problem with your bike, just you needing to take a step back from trying to go higher/further and work on your throttle control.

Once you nail that control you'll find wheelying high/far a lot easier

Above taught by the one and only Veggie Dave, stunt tutor extrordinaire :YEAH He knows his **** so listen to him and practice practice practice
Old 06-14-2005, 05:02 PM
kiN

kiN is an unknown quantity at this point

you gotta be smooth...you are too cofused on bringing the front up high then being consistant...so i would forget about the hight and practice low wheelies that are not going up and down...then when you become smooth, you can bring it up high and hold it there
Old 06-14-2005, 05:15 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn GRU, identical posts at same time... great minds n' all that..
Old 06-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Throttle Control..Throttle chop=bad..Just work on what. Like everyone said smoothness dont' worry about height..Also I would learn to use the brake. I know it's helped me smooth out things even more and my wheelies keep getting higher and higher
Old 06-14-2005, 11:48 PM

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=CLIP001466
here is a video of one of my better standups. thats me with the blue R1. This is the first video I ever posted so sorry if slow. Camera guy sucks too I have a few others if you want to see.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:28 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joes01R6
Hey guys I have some questions on Balance Points. I did some searching and couldnt really come up with what I was looking for. I am getting pretty descent at sitdown wheelies but my prob is that when I start wheeling I am on and off the throttle so the bike is up/down up/down and I end up going 80-90 and have to put it down. I am also starting to get standups and have the same prob. I just took my first video footage the other day and hopefully can post it, but I could tell I wasnt high enough. So how do I get my hand to stop being on and off the throttle and how do I know I have reached a Balance Point? Thanks in advance.. :YEAH
had the same problem back at the days when starting...too powerfull bike to control, and had fear from it, so I was just on and off, choping throttle...but as someone said - work on smoothnes...ride low, but smooth...
Old 06-17-2005, 11:58 AM
kiN

kiN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yams
Damn GRU, identical posts at same time... great minds n' all that..

hehe yeah i just saw that..
Old 06-17-2005, 12:11 PM

icecreamgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gundamms07b
Knock that **** off, fukn smart ***
Old 06-17-2005, 02:09 PM

KungFu954 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, I fuggin hate posts like that.

"dude just put like uhhhhhh nitro methane in your gas tank,,uhhhhh ya,,,then uhhhh just uhhhh blow your engine,,,duhhh"

your so funny. hardy fuggin har

Anyway, here's my 2 bits. You already have the hard part down so like everyone is say above forget height and distance, just get smooth. Here's what I do. As the front end comes up, I back off just a little bit and then barely move my throttle hand once it gets kinda comfy then just start lightly taping the rear brake to really get the hang of it, focus on that. If you hit the rev limiter you hit it, pat yourself on the back if it was nice and smooth.

Good luck, take it slow.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:01 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

wow a kid on a bicycle making fun of a dude on a sportbike asking a simple question..anything to get 3k posts huh ***?
Old 06-17-2005, 03:22 PM

KungFu954 is an unknown quantity at this point

BURN!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Crashing SUCKS!!!

LAST CALL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KungFu954
I agree, I fuggin hate posts like that.

"dude just put like uhhhhhh nitro methane in your gas tank,,uhhhhh ya,,,then uhhhh just uhhhh blow your engine,,,duhhh"

your so funny. hardy fuggin har

Anyway, here's my 2 bits. You already have the hard part down so like everyone is say above forget height and distance, just get smooth. Here's what I do. As the front end comes up, I back off just a little bit and then barely move my throttle hand once it gets kinda comfy then just start lightly taping the rear brake to really get the hang of it, focus on that. If you hit the rev limiter you hit it, pat yourself on the back if it was nice and smooth.

Good luck, take it slow.
This is good advice. I would tap the rear brake as much as possible to get comfortable with it. It'll help in the long run. Good luck.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:10 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Put some gloves on for starters and tell your homies they look like homos without a helmet doing their 1 foot pow pow power wheelies.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:51 PM

went and practiced alittle yesterday and I am trying to tell myself while in the air to be smooth with it. I dont know why but my hand goes on and off the throttle automatically I have been placing my foot over the rear brake that was my first step now I just have to start using it. Thanks for the advice. I will keep on practicing at it..
Old 06-20-2005, 07:33 PM

Graffiti is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably some bad advice for most, but this worked for me. Anyways, could never really wheelie good, could get it up but then got scared and dropped in down right away, just go out get some booze in you and you'll have liquid courage and be nice and smooth on that bad boy in no time.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:10 AM

SlitZ is a decent person

i just started ridin so i just learned how to find BP too... took me a day or so of clutchin up and playin with the brake.... what helped me most was to clutch it up in low rpms and bring it up until i NEEDED the brake, then hold the gas there and ride the brake on and off until it got smoother... may not work for everyone but worked for me

heres my gay clip after a day of tryin to learn bp... i think that method helped me a lot
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=MOV00578

good luck
Old 06-21-2005, 01:38 AM

D. STUNTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DoodleF4i
wow a kid on a bicycle making fun of a dude on a sportbike asking a simple question..anything to get 3k posts huh ***?
Old 06-21-2005, 01:53 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

Um...for one, you're leaning forewards too much. And it's not high enough to balance out.

But I agree with most here. Work on throttle control first.