back peg question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 02:50 PM
JUST CLOWNING!

120clown is an unknown quantity at this point
back peg question

ok i can do b/p standups and f/p standups and ride them out to redline so i can keep them up for a while. but i have problems drifting i have tryed everything to stop it how can i try to stear them beter on the back pegs? what are some tips to ride them longer? thanks
shawn
Old 09-04-2003, 05:51 PM

DREWdmi is an unknown quantity at this point
make sure your back wheel is on straight......just practice a lot you wont get better without practice.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:25 PM

the "G" is an unknown quantity at this point
more pressure or weight on either peg, crown of the road, tire ware, are all things to take into consideration, they can all affect the way the bike responds or handles
Old 09-04-2003, 06:40 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point
riding to redline isn't balance point. but once your at balance point it's easier to steer. if your trying to steer below the balance point your fighting a losing battle. lean on the peg in the direction you want to turn, kinda swing your *** alittle that way too. be safe
Old 09-04-2003, 07:37 PM

Mi Xtremes Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
BACK PEGS

Originally posted by OWA.TED
riding to redline isn't balance point. but once your at balance point it's easier to steer. if your trying to steer below the balance point your fighting a losing battle. lean on the peg in the direction you want to turn, kinda swing your *** alittle that way too. be safe
Dave... good info isn`t it?

I would post a reply, but Ted hit it on the nail, balance point is best no mater what gear, just get to the balance point fast and stay off redline! Ask Dave, he used to love redline, till it was motor time, now he knows how much he needed to come up and only soanks redline once in awhile when he`s to determined to keep riding it the hell out
Old 09-04-2003, 08:41 PM

bler is an unknown quantity at this point
what good is doing a wheelie if you can't ride it out without hitting revlimiter ?

pratice getting the bike up to the balance point (where it feels like the bike is riding along by itself and you dont have to be on the gas to keep the front wheel up, and yes it takes pratice to be comfortable with the bike at BP), and try letting some air out of your rear tire (I like ~30psi)

pratice pratice pratice.. hell, just a few weeks ago, I wasn't able to ride a wheelie more then 5', now after pratice and being comfortable with the bike on one wheel, I can ride em a good 100 yards
Old 09-05-2003, 12:36 AM

Mi Xtremes Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
you`ll bounce off revlimitor a few times and you`ll know why you shouldn`t, you`ll either spin a bearing or pop a few valves, trust me, been there done that
Old 09-05-2003, 11:08 AM
JUST CLOWNING!

i know i am at the balance point! i can ride them for like 100 yards. but i see people chaingeing lanes and all that while cruzing down the hiway! and thats what i wanna learn. thanks for the input so far!
Old 09-05-2003, 12:54 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point
if your gaining speed your not at balance point, if your hitting the rev limiter, your not at balance point, if your going 100 yards your not at balance point. i'm not trying to be a dick (sorry if i seem like it) but until your the bike is at or very near or past balance point it won't turn! or so little it won't matter. post a pic, or watch yourself on video, you may not be as high as you think. just trying to help....
Old 09-05-2003, 01:08 PM
JUST CLOWNING!

thanks! your not being a dick your just keepin it real!
Old 09-05-2003, 08:56 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by TEDDY.B
if your gaining speed your not at balance point, if your hitting the rev limiter, your not at balance point, if your going 100 yards your not at balance point. i'm not trying to be a dick (sorry if i seem like it) but until your the bike is at or very near or past balance point it won't turn! or so little it won't matter. post a pic, or watch yourself on video, you may not be as high as you think. just trying to help....

Great observation Teddy. And I'd like to agree with my boy. I've watched Ted do it enough to know he knows what he's talking about. When he starts going too fast he just sets it down cause going over 3mph is "not his bag"......................

Oh and its ON now.............12 bar installed on the F4i....look out Texas!!!

Goose
Old 09-05-2003, 09:24 PM

bler is an unknown quantity at this point
eew freeway wheelies too dangerous for me.. I keep mine under 35mph.. hell, I can't even do a second gear wheelie (well I can, but I suck at them and am lucky if I can even get it up)

yah, till you actually feel the bike FALL backwards, it's not at the BP

pratice pratice pratice.. I'm praticing being able to ride them out for at least 1/2-1 mile before I even try any crazy wheelie combo's