52.90%
Standing
47.10%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Learning wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 02:08 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: Learning wheelies

yeah but seeing where you are going isn't a big deal..just look off to the side...but holdin bp is easier standin up
Old 12-30-2004, 10:30 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

For learning? Stand up! More leverage less likley to get wobbles. Lock the knees.

Oh and be safe!!
Old 12-30-2004, 11:11 AM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
yeah but seeing where you are going isn't a big deal..just look off to the side...but holdin bp is easier standin up
exactly, i cant get the feel of BP sitting down it just seems so far back there i did notice a HUGE difference in my sitdowns after i learned BP doing standups though. Next season ill dial in the sitdowns. Another thing with standing up is you can control BP with your body position too, like hanging off the back of the bike (stickin your butt out).

I gotta agree that standups are probably a safer wheelie to do when starting out beings you can see... and BP isnt as far back (it doesnt seem to be)
Old 12-30-2004, 11:13 AM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

i learned sit downs first. Then i moved up to stand ups
Old 12-30-2004, 12:13 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NovaMan
exactly, i cant get the feel of BP sitting down it just seems so far back there i did notice a HUGE difference in my sitdowns after i learned BP doing standups though. Next season ill dial in the sitdowns. Another thing with standing up is you can control BP with your body position too, like hanging off the back of the bike (stickin your butt out).

I gotta agree that standups are probably a safer wheelie to do when starting out beings you can see... and BP isnt as far back (it doesnt seem to be)
i agree stand ups are the way to go real easy to do but what your saying is bp is so far back on sit downs, that might not be such a bad thing for a begeiner...its all up to the rider if you want to learn you will either way
Old 12-30-2004, 02:16 PM

Maciek_Spidi is an unknown quantity at this point

I started from sitdowns but I was doing it slowly... I didn't hit the BP in few days or weeks... i constatly get closer and closer to it but even if I was catching it was scary feeling... In the end of the season I started trying to change gear when doing wheelie and when I made it and didn't lost to much height wheelie was much easier(more smoth than in on first gear) so when I was close to BP it was easier to stay there.
But my mistake was that Ididn't cover the brake almost never beacuse somene told me that on first gear braking power of engine is enough to be safe! Now I know that it was bull ****...

Then I tried to do some standups but it was scary to because of position- after a sitdowns I can't feel comfortable in this position. I know that I must say f*** it and go for it and I'll do it but maybe you've got some advices how to fell more comfortable at standups. I also know that the best thing is to put left leg on the rear peg it's starts to get even more dificult. Maybe I should stay on front pegs but do something with rear brake lever that I can cover it even on narmal front peg standup!?
I hope I'll hit the BP on standups as fast as you did when I finaly start doing it...
Old 12-30-2004, 03:14 PM

SlitZ is a decent person

its usually a lot easier with one your left foot on the back peg, its more of a natural standing up. with both feet on the pegs your feet are in front of your body sometimes, only advice for getting comfortable is to practice it more. i was scared to hurt a street bike so i learned on fourhweelers/dirtbikes
Old 12-30-2004, 03:58 PM

808stunna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sprocketz
i agree stand ups are the way to go real easy to do but what your saying is bp is so far back on sit downs, that might not be such a bad thing for a begeiner...its all up to the rider if you want to learn you will either way
very true. it all a matter of choice. i chose to learn standing up because i knew that if i was to loop it, it would be easier for me bail or let go of the bike. it also made stabalizing the bike at bp easier. after learning how to balance standing i then decide to learn sit downs, and learned the slow sitdowns in an hour. but i still suck at highway sitdowns. to every person his own. just be safe practiceing eveyone. good luck
Old 12-30-2004, 05:13 PM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

I did sitdowns at first, b/c I was doing power wheelies, and when bouncing standup it seemed so weird. Than I discovered clutch and learned sitdowns some and went to staggered and mastered it, and then moved to slow stuff, mastered the slow stuff and just then I returned to sitdowns trying to slow them down. So staggered is the way to go I would say...
Old 12-30-2004, 10:40 PM

BLURR is an unknown quantity at this point

I Personally Learned How To Them Sittin Down TheN As I Got Mo Better I Would Sit Down Pull A Wheel And The Stand Up Now I'm Rockin Both Just Fine So When I Get Tired Of Standin I'll Sit Down For The Long Wheelies
Old 01-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Regular StuntLifer

LarryJDJr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BLURR
I Personally Learned How To Them Sittin Down TheN As I Got Mo Better I Would Sit Down Pull A Wheel And The Stand Up Now I'm Rockin Both Just Fine So When I Get Tired Of Standin I'll Sit Down For The Long Wheelies
Is there a point to capitolizing the first letter in every word you type?
Old 01-29-2005, 01:56 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Cuz "His Wheelies Are Ganksta"
Old 01-29-2005, 02:03 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LarryJDJr
Is there a point to capitolizing the first letter in every word you type?
Is there a point to bringing back a post from a month ago to comment on his capitolizing problems .
Old 01-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Regular StuntLifer

LarryJDJr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NovaMan
Is there a point to bringing back a post from a month ago to comment on his capitolizing problems .
Damn i didn't even notice that. I just got an email saying someone replied so I looked and just read the last post. Oh well. Must have been someone voting in the poll or something. My bad...
Old 01-29-2005, 04:26 PM

GSXRstunter is an unknown quantity at this point

i attempted to learn sitdowns first, they were hard as hell so i switched it up and standups came way easier ot me so now i do decent sitdowns and mad standups

ps. im with master shake sometimes its tight to transfer into a sitdown from a standup
Old 02-02-2005, 10:15 PM

cbr9two9guy is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant do either.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Actually I started with sitdowns but I never really had them..For one I actually rode was a standup and learning the height in the standup has brought the height up on my sitdowns. I find sitdowns to be alot scarier to me.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bruno_z
I did sitdowns at first, b/c I was doing power wheelies, and when bouncing standup it seemed so weird. Than I discovered clutch and learned sitdowns some and went to staggered and mastered it, and then moved to slow stuff, mastered the slow stuff and just then I returned to sitdowns trying to slow them down. So staggered is the way to go I would say...
That's how I learned my standups. I don't think I could do them regular..
Old 02-03-2005, 01:42 PM

jayrizo is a decent person

standups are eaiser and sitdowns require more skill
Old 02-03-2005, 02:42 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

What about learning rear brake and learning wheelies??
Sitdowns seem comfortable to me only because in my mind I have more control to tap the rear brake when needed. This may have been ingrained even more since riding the 50. In a standup, it feels uncomfortable cause the position feels like I might punch the rear brake on come up!!?? Im sure after getting comfortable in a stand up it will become easier then sitdowns, but standup seem more likely to crash (while learning rear brake).

Quick Reply: Learning wheelies