1st gear idle tips

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 12:00 PM

brendydoc is a decent person
Re: 1st gear idle tips

yeah iv started gettin a bit more comfortable now but i need to sort out my back brakes big time if i over fill the brake fluid wud this work or wat do i have to do does any of use know of any threads explaining this, am not to sure at all wat my next step is
Old 10-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Free Riders

AnthonyR6 is a decent person

I got a click the other day, i felt just a tiny bit more comfortable on one wheel, I can now start turning the bike and a wiiiiidee circle and once i turn all the way around i lose control for some reason. But hopefully I got circles on the way, and I can close em and make em tighter. Any tips from anyone with that would be great.

Originally Posted by brendydoc
ha ha ye need ur fix lol wat bike ye have comin now, i cant do slow stuff on mine sitting down as soon as i go to high the back brakes stop working so just have to use engine breaking, i really need to change that when i master these stand ups was out the day and went alot further but still not reaching balancing point yet shouldn take me 2 long though, is ur new bike got a cage anol on it
What do you mean? There's no such thing as being too high for the rear brake to work
Old 10-09-2010, 04:27 AM

danny__darby is a decent person

f4i =) its here on tuesday yup fully set up dosnt need anything else on it =D i cant wait its been about a month since i rode my stunt bike and the gpz(work bike) is shiiiite
Old 10-16-2010, 07:40 PM

F4i yessssssss
Old 10-16-2010, 11:48 PM

jameslove is a decent person

Just practice getting up to a good speed an only using your rear brake to stop you. Hit the rear brake varying degrees of hard to get a good feel of where it puts your bike and how much brake you really need to slow it down.

Wear skate or similar shoes if you are comfortable with it. Boots protect better but skate shoes REALLY give you a good feel of the foot brake!

Also body position riding stag. try to hang your body away from the bike the further you put your body back away from the tank the lower you can achieve balance point. It helps to keep your butt out and knees slightly bent too.

I see some noobs come up like really high startin off because there torso is right against the tank.... and that's a sketchy way to learn way less initial control like that. I guess it help if you have longer arms and no fear to literally "hang" off the bike.

Don't worry tho, just keep practicing, you'll get er.

Good luck

Originally Posted by AnthonyR6
bam. now rear brake and throttle control.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:18 PM

ALEXD is a decent person

i gotta click the other day! i figure its about focusing on how you clutch it up your first time. Not saying im a pro or nothin but im riding just under balance point and it only took me three days. first day i rode , i would idle around 2.5 to 3k and clutch it a little maybe a foot or two high and got comfortable with the feeling of poping the clutch. By that same night i was carrying them out at about 9 o clock(<-not the time). Next day i did the samething all day carrying them out till i got comfortable with just doing that. Now just the other day i got them right under balance and my rearbrake reflexes are comming in when i hit balance cause it feels like "damn this bike has a balance point" I ride an RR so it feels way up there !!
Old 10-21-2010, 09:03 PM

maverickxp is a decent person

im still working hard at it too boys. but im doing it on a 1000rr so my learning curve is way long. i hit my first coaster today. but most times im still chasing it
Old 10-27-2010, 11:40 AM

DynCorp is a decent person

i am about where everyone else is in this thread but my problem is i feel like im holding myself up with my arms and pulling to hard to either the left or right so when i get up on idle im making hard turns anyone else having this problem??? im trying them staggared riding by myself
Old 12-11-2010, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by DynCorp
i am about where everyone else is in this thread but my problem is i feel like im holding myself up with my arms and pulling to hard to either the left or right so when i get up on idle im making hard turns anyone else having this problem??? im trying them staggared riding by myself
It's been awhile but I'm back havnt done any riding until yesterday cos the weather has been **** ice and snow no fun I get it where the bike pulls to either side every so often as well guessing its just when you put more force on the bars when we bring it up if I think about it when I'm on the bike I do It more just don't think about it haha
Old 12-18-2010, 03:12 PM

DynCorp is a decent person

haha ill have to try that i have pretty much gave up on staggards for now i have got sit down *** drags on lock now tho lol and yeah i havent rode in like 2 weeks now cuz of the weather