636 03' oil pressure problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 04:37 PM

uneetra is an unknown quantity at this point
636 03' oil pressure problem

ok.it goes like this.
whenever i crash that bitch to on the right side,the oil pressure light comes up.so i switch it off,get it up,start it over again and it keeps on.....
my record is 3 minutes of oil pressure light being on on the idle (1800rpm)
then i get bored and throttle it up a bit -then it dissapears.
why is that?
when i fall to the left it keeps on working even on the ground with no light coming up.
i have 4,9liiters of oil in the engine.
no mods to the engine so far.
help
dont want to **** up the engine so fast
Old 08-30-2008, 04:38 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 636 03' oil pressure problem

do the kleen mod...
Old 08-30-2008, 05:11 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the oil pours in to the clutch cover on the right side and out of the sump so i suggest leaning the bike on to the kick stand for a few seconds and letting the oil flow back to the sump ....but three minutes is a long as time , never seen it happen that long
Old 08-30-2008, 05:20 PM

I just wait and lower the revs down while waiting as low as its possible
i use 3000rpm for slow stuff
yeah-thats kinda disturbing
will clean air mod help at all?
Old 08-30-2008, 05:31 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by uneetra
I just wait and lower the revs down while waiting as low as its possible
i use 3000rpm for slow stuff
yeah-thats kinda disturbing
will clean air mod help at all?
when i said leaning the bike on to the kick stand i forgot to say with the bike off , that will allow the oil to drain back into the sump in the oil pan quicker because when the bike is running the clutch basket is spinning the oil around so it takes longer for it to get back to the pan .....

the clean air mod wont change any thing in this situation but i still recommend doing it for a host of other reasons .....
Old 08-30-2008, 05:43 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

start it up and crack(slightly loosen) the oil filter until the air pocket leaves. It usually only takes a couple seconds. It seems to be a hit or miss problem with the 636s. Some guys have it even happen after an oil change. Their are tons of threads about it on kawiforums. They call loosening the filter "burping it"
Old 08-30-2008, 05:54 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Compton82
start it up and crack(slightly loosen) the oil filter until the air pocket leaves. It usually only takes a couple seconds. It seems to be a hit or miss problem with the 636s. Some guys have it even happen after an oil change. Their are tons of threads about it on kawiforums. They call loosening the filter "burping it"
thats a different problem , his problem is just that the oil is spilling out of the oil pan and in to the clutch cover from lying on it's side running and when all the oil is in the clutch cover the oil pump runs dry so it take a second for the oil pressure to build back up once the oil flows back in to the pan ...

the problem your talking about can be solved by simply filling the oil filter with oil when you change it
Old 08-30-2008, 06:35 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

hmm, one of the guys I ride with has the oil light come on everytime he crrashes on the right and he has just been loosening his filter and it goes away.

At first he would just start it and wait for it to go away, but it was taking a long time, so we loosened the filter and it got pressure immediately

if you leave it on the stand, how long does it normally take before you can start it and have pressure?

Originally Posted by old man roger
the problem your talking about can be solved by simply filling the oil filter with oil when you change it
yea I have never had the problem, but I guess thats because I always put oil in the filter. Then again I dont have the problem when I crash to the right either

Last edited by Compton82; 08-30-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:02 PM

OKAY i will de - burp the filter
but
do I need to do it always after right side crash?
or is it just a one time application that will save my ***
and probably a lot of bucks for later.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:25 PM
also known as OMR

hmm, one of the guys I ride with has the oil light come on everytime he crrashes on the right and he has just been loosening his filter and it goes away.

At first he would just start it and wait for it to go away, but it was taking a long time, so we loosened the filter and it got pressure immediately

if you leave it on the stand, how long does it normally take before you can start it and have pressure?

yea I have never had the problem, but I guess thats because I always put oil in the filter. Then again I dont have the problem when I crash to the right either
while he is loosening his filter the oil is going back into the pan , it's not the fact he is loosening the filter it's that the bike is sitting on the kickstand while he is doing it ....
Old 08-30-2008, 07:31 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

while he is loosening his filter the oil is going back into the pan , it's not the fact he is loosening the filter it's that the bike is sitting on the kickstand while he is doing it ....
I'm not sure if this is the problem OMR . our team mate had this exact problem a few times and it lasted for weeks of no riding thinking something was seriously messed up and he loosened the filter and got a smoky/misty blast of air out of it and bam, and it happened more than once. I think some of the 636's get it and some don't.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:50 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Compton, dont argue with roger
Old 08-30-2008, 07:54 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
Old 08-30-2008, 08:00 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by MikeOnTheBike
I'm not sure if this is the problem OMR . our team mate had this exact problem a few times and it lasted for weeks of no riding thinking something was seriously messed up and he loosened the filter and got a smoky/misty blast of air out of it and bam, and it happened more than once. I think some of the 636's get it and some don't.
the oil pump is on the left side of the bike behind the water pump and if the bike is lying on the right side the oils drains out of the sump , simple as that
Old 08-30-2008, 10:46 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

the oil pump is on the left side of the bike behind the water pump and if the bike is lying on the right side the oils drains out of the sump , simple as that
I see exactly what you are saying. and it makes sense, but these damn 636's in a certain way of crashing or circumstance like on my buddies bike they can get an air lock in the pump and lose their prime and I think the cracking the filter lets the air get out and oil back into the pump so it can make pressure again.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:49 PM
also known as OMR

I see exactly what you are saying. and it makes sense, but these damn 636's in a certain way of crashing or circumstance like on my buddies bike they can get an air lock in the pump and lose their prime and I think the cracking the filter lets the air get out and oil back into the pump so it can make pressure again.
leaning the bike to the left will fill the pump and push out any air with out cracking the oil filter open
Old 08-31-2008, 01:35 AM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
never, cant argue with a legend

I was just offering my advice based on what Jerry has to do. He used to just let it sit and try to keep starting it, but after running for a couple minutes with the oil light on he started getting scared.

Wasnt trying to sound like a dick
Old 08-31-2008, 01:39 AM
also known as OMR

never, cant argue with a legend

I was just offering my advice based on what Jerry has to do. He used to just let it sit and try to keep starting it, but after running for a couple minutes with the oil light on he started getting scared.

Wasnt trying to sound like a dick
dick !!!!!!!!!!

i kid i kid , he may have a week oil pump
Old 08-31-2008, 02:07 AM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

leaning the bike to the left will fill the pump and push out any air with out cracking the oil filter open
I think his sat for almost 3 weeks on the stand tried again, no oil pressure. cracked the filter open started it and air puff and and then oil pressure. I think neither of us are wrong on this one I think they just get a air block that they can't pass sometimes.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:32 AM
also known as OMR

I think his sat for almost 3 weeks on the stand tried again, no oil pressure. cracked the filter open started it and air puff and and then oil pressure. I think neither of us are wrong on this one I think they just get a air block that they can't pass sometimes.
i have taken a 636 oil pump apart and don't see how it couldn't over come any air in the system , i can't really explain it well in a post but if you look at an oil pump from a 636 you would see what im saying

Quick Reply: 636 03' oil pressure problem