how to air box mod f4i

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 03:17 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve
Re: how to air box mod f4i

you can do this without the T fitting by just gutting the little piece out..i did it to my f4i and it pulls idle a lot harder.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:44 AM

Joe Bar is an unknown quantity at this point

Did someone try it with a 600RR ('03)?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:55 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

edit .

Last edited by old man roger; 01-15-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:01 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
i jus heard today that it causes problems when you do it this way, i have mine like that an my bike is running like garbage.
i was told to completely cap off the two front nipples an the crancase vent jus run a huse towards the ground with a small filter an your good.

what do you guys think?
Originally Posted by Towlieee
I think you heard wrong...

dozens of people have done this mod..
there are 100000 of these pair mod threads and as many people who have done them and had no problems ,so don't listen to the guy who has other problems and blames it on this mod......it works ,do it.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:25 PM

Jeremy Dutch is an unknown quantity at this point

what is the second idle cable? and where is it?
Old 01-30-2008, 06:30 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Jeremy Dutch
what is the second idle cable? and where is it?
i think most people use a 98 900 rr cable and you put it where the stock idle set screw is ...in between the two center throttle bodies
Old 01-31-2008, 02:31 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
i think most people use a 98 900 rr cable and you put it where the stock idle set screw is ...in between the two center throttle bodies
thats correct
Old 01-31-2008, 05:43 AM

da Liks is a decent person

i thought you knew that jeremy?
Old 01-31-2008, 04:46 PM

Jeremy Dutch is an unknown quantity at this point

owww oke

Yes i have the idle changed allready.

I thought there was a second cable somewhere?
Old 02-04-2008, 04:15 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

I just done this mod last week, really easy and quick to do.

My bike ran like **** before hand and had a weak idle.

Admittedly I have also adjusted the throttle up as the cables were a bit stuck but now after doing the air box mod the bike is SO much better, it idles a LOT stronger and better, seems more responsive (at most times, did bog a little but playing with the stock idle seemed to improve it) and also seems a bit smoother as well... so glad I done this, thanks for the thread :YEAH
Old 02-04-2008, 09:07 PM

01GSXR-600 is an unknown quantity at this point

And will this mod also work on the 04 600RR? What do you do with the wire that hooks to the valve? unplug it and leave it?
Old 02-05-2008, 05:30 AM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jeremy Dutch
owww oke

Yes i have the idle changed allready.

I thought there was a second cable somewhere?
haha ANOTHER cable?? :YEAH
Old 02-07-2008, 07:12 AM

Joker001 is an unknown quantity at this point

will this Mod work the same on a 00 model F4???

or is it a waste of time on non-injected bikes?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:34 PM
also known as OMR

if your bike doesn't shut off right away when it is lying on it's side i would do the mod but if it shuts right off then your probably alright but most bikes stay running because the idle is turned up...
Old 02-07-2008, 02:37 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by 01GSXR-600
And will this mod also work on the 04 600RR? What do you do with the wire that hooks to the valve? unplug it and leave it?
never did one on an rr but you could leave it plugged in to fool the computer and just use a plastic t to hook all the hoses to ,or just unplug it and see how the bike runs
Old 02-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

so wheres the diagram to do it. im gonna do this tonight. what do i need. the pics earlier in the thread are way to big.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Vetter
so wheres the diagram to do it. im gonna do this tonight. what do i need. the pics earlier in the thread are way to big.
read this thread and if you don't understand how to do it by then just have some one else do it..lol

your just bypassing your air box......
Old 02-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

so you jsut run the crank case vent tube into the exhasut instead of into the airbox... then cap the airbox?
Old 02-07-2008, 04:01 PM
also known as OMR

pretty much ,via the clean air valve...
Old 02-07-2008, 07:37 PM

Joker001 is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers mate, i appreciate the quick response. mod in progress now

Originally Posted by old man roger
if your bike doesn't shut off right away when it is lying on it's side i would do the mod but if it shuts right off then your probably alright but most bikes stay running because the idle is turned up...

Quick Reply: how to air box mod f4i