Problems getting it up in 2nd

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 10:31 AM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person
Re: Problems getting it up in 2nd

Originally Posted by samurai87

if i were you i would check into taking a motorcycle safety course...MSF

you may learn alot just about overall riding there!! not to mention discount on your bike insurance

diamound oaks, scarlet oaks, and live oaks all in the cincy tri-state have em...
Old 08-09-2007, 10:59 AM

rybred is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jixxer6
diamound oaks, scarlet oaks, and live oaks all in the cincy tri-state have em...
I dont wanna! I have been riding bikes for years, it's just my first rocket. Pleeeeeaaassssee don't make me go to the class! Well, I actually looked into it and it's booked up for ever and ever. I actually go out to hit the twisties on sunday with about 30 people and last sunday I was staying right behind the 3 fastest guys out there with my heavy *** beast. I was getting a hell of alot of atta boys. I actually can ride, just not stunt! Can the class teach me how to do a wheelie with my foot over the break, or show me throtle control? Please I want all the info I can get, I just don't want to waste a wed and a weekend to learn **** I already know. Don't get me wrong, I am sure that it's informative but think I know just about everything I need to know except for stunting and when my bike goes into a false neutral. That **** throws me off and don't want to take a class unless my ninja buddy is done answering my shitty questions. I dont wanna, nooooooooooooooo By the way Jixxer, I sent you my number, did you get it, b/c I can't recieve yours? I am at work and it thinks that its a pop up/
Old 08-09-2007, 11:08 AM

samurai87 is a decent person

im not tryin to be an *** but the way your tried braking and engine braking after your wheelie shows that your not quiet sure of how to properly exicute certain manuvers....sometimes the best way to get better at stunting is learning your machine and understanding proper riding technique...knowing the breaking point of the brakes, how to use engine braking, when to down shift body position etc... idk just my .02 to each there own!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:21 AM

Seriously, I ride with some of the best and do alot of reading and have alot of info myself! But the bike fucked up on me, I'm tellin ya! I wanted to slow my bike down with it in gear, but it went into like a false neutral. I feel like I handled it the right way. I did everything you told me to do. I will roll with this guy jixxer and let him tell ya. I am 4real. Thanks for looking out for me though!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:23 AM

thats the point you should have used engine braking in a situation like that shoulda pulled the clutch in and grabbed brake

engine braking relys on using the revolutions and engine drag to slow the bike down ....this takes a slight amount of time when ditching speed

the fact that you were trying to EMERGENCY BRAKE leaves no time to engine brake its useless!!!!! you should have just pulled in the clutch and threshhold braked til you came to a stop!! engine braking had no place in this situation which is what im getting at......
Old 08-09-2007, 11:34 AM

cool and now I know! But it's better to use 3 ways to stop than just 2. i would think. Enspecially if your already in first gear and all you have to do is let the clutch back out. I tried to do that but the bike would not go into gear to do so.(in a false neutral) It was supposed to already be in gear and never seen a bike pop it self out of gear. So I did the next best thing. Threshold break! But the whole time I was going through this I was smashing on the front and back breaks. That was the right move right? Common, give me the atta boy!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:35 AM

Pulling the clutch in means pulling it back to the handle bar right?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:39 AM

I don't want to go to rehab just yet. I don't want to admit that there is a problem yet and I will never get through the AA classes untill someone proves that I am a problem, and I can admit it to myself!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:41 AM

you are either wasted at ****** 1041am or you are a complete retard
Old 08-09-2007, 11:46 AM

4 once I am not!!!! Y would you say something like that? I was just trying to figure out what your trying to tell me! You have told me some conflicting info in the past compared to what your telling me now and want to make sure I am on the same page. No reason to call me a tard!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by rybred
cool and now I know! But it's better to use 3 ways to stop than just 2. i would think. Enspecially if your already in first gear and all you have to do is let the clutch back out. I tried to do that but the bike would not go into gear to do so.(in a false neutral) It was supposed to already be in gear and never seen a bike pop it self out of gear. So I did the next best thing. Threshold break! But the whole time I was going through this I was smashing on the front and back breaks. That was the right move right? Common, give me the atta boy!
no 3 ways are not better then 2.....from what you said earlier you power wheelied in 1st?? ok you ran outa room needed to stop fast.....if you simply hit mad brakes while letting the engine wind down think of what you just did...the engin winding down WHICH TAKES TIME and then you drastically reduced the engine speed by MASHING brakes so you just made your engine braking useless cuz you slowed the speed of the rear tire tons quicker then the engine braking would allow....theere for your chain prolly backed up and made some grinding shitty sounds CAUSE YOU SHOULD HAVE PULLED IN THE CLUTCH THE RIGHT WAY!!!

Pulling the clutch in means pulling it back to the handle bar right?
dude if you dont know what this means you need www.msf-usa.org more then you need stuntlife

4 once I am not!!!! Y would you say something like that? I was just trying to figure out what your trying to tell me! You have told me some conflicting info in the past compared to what your telling me now and want to make sure I am on the same page. No reason to call me a tard!

with all do respect asking questions about pulling in the clutch lever would make you a tard, you talk about hitting twisties and getting "atta boys" but you dont know how to emergency brake with your bike or the proper place for engine braking and downshifting.....do you even rev match when you downshift????? if not then your not even downshifting the proper way
Old 08-09-2007, 11:53 AM

See, at first you told me to pull the clutch in and hit the front and back breaks and now your saying that letting the gear slow me down is the best way with the breaks, and I already know that. But the ******* bike was not in gear when I came down man!!!! I pulled in the clutch to try to get it back into first to use the gear to slow me down, but the bike was not havin it!((((( because of the false neutral state it was in)))) So I held the clutch in the whole time while smashing on the front and back breaks! From what your telling me, I feel like I did everything you told me to do when it happened and I feel like your bashing me no matter what I say, all I hear is take the class. I am not trying to start ****, just don't want to be bashed! I feel like there was some miscommunication. Please don't hate! sorry if I offended you!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:59 AM

if from what i said you got the feeling that you should have engine braked then i give up, i think i have been more then ****** patient here man and you just dont seem to get it!!!

step one pull in clutch

step two apply brakes

step three stop

step four......DONE!!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:05 PM

I know that is a tarded question, but I was hearing 2 different thing from you and that is the only reason I asked. (Probably miscommunication) By the way, i do properly down shift( maby not in a sticky situation) When I do downshift comming up to a light or somethin like that, I will (properly) down shift while hitting the breaks at 60% n front and 40% n back! Now that is how I always stop and would think since winding a gear down from 10K rpms to 5K rpms helps me slow down, that it would work out as well when I come down off a 1st gear power wheelie (just letting out the clutch) hitting all breaks and letting the gear come from 10k down to 5k. (BUT THE BIKE WAS IN A FUCKED UP FALSE NEUTRAL STATE)

I get what your saying though and correct me if I am wrong. In a ohh **** situation, clutch in and 60% 40% the breaks. Correct? Please don't get pissed at me, I am not a tard, I just can't spell that well and possibly got something you said backwards.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:06 PM

Cool, No reason to get heated! Sorry
Old 08-09-2007, 12:09 PM

from what you said you didnt have time to just wind out the gear you said you ran outa road which changes the circumstances of how you would brake
Old 08-09-2007, 12:09 PM

Reyals Bemus is an unknown quantity at this point

im not tryin to be an *** but the way your tried braking and engine braking after your wheelie shows that your not quiet sure of how to properly exicute certain manuvers....sometimes the best way to get better at stunting is learning your machine and understanding proper riding technique...knowing the breaking point of the brakes, how to use engine braking, when to down shift body position etc... idk just my .02 to each there own!
This I agree with you samurai. I think we're both confused as to what rybred is talking about. But that ^^ pretty much sums it up. Learn the bike first rybred!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:10 PM

Yeah and thats the other thing. Rybred isn't giving us the conditions that he's braking in... One brakes differently in different situations...

EDIT: Not hatin on you rybred or anything, just trying to understand!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:15 PM

I have a quick question. Now I know not to do power wheelies anymore, but I was doing them the other night to impress my friends.(don't hate) Well, I got one going pretty fast and when I came down at the end of my road and had to stop, I heard a bunch of grinding clicking and the bike was not in gear! I had to pull in my clutch and nail the breaks and almost wrecked. Any clue of what happened to my gears? Now when I came down, I came down pretty hard and it felt like the chain was slipping over the sprockets. Any clue? Ever heard anything like that? REAL SCARRY
ran outa road!! said it right here

Originally Posted by reyals bemus
Yeah and thats the other thing. Rybred isn't giving us the conditions that he's braking in... One brakes differently in different situations...

there are your conditions!!!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:16 PM

there are your conditions!!!!!
Uhh, what do you mean?

Quick Reply: Problems getting it up in 2nd