starts to wobble when i get close to balance point

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 AM

chpsk8er630 is an unknown quantity at this point
starts to wobble when i get close to balance point

OK, so i am working on my wheelies. Ive been trying sitdowns cause staggered feels wierd to me so ill learn them after i get more comfortable at sitdowns. I learned doing sitdowns on my quad so i feel more comfortable like that. So when I get close to balance point the bike starts to kindof wobble a little bit. Is there anything i can do to help stop this. I am not being choppy with the throttle. the rear tire is at 30psi and the bike only has 1500 miles on it so the tires are still good. If its the rear tire, what should i lower it too? and what would be a good pressure to ride with cause i commute with the bike but like to wheelie and hit up some industrial parks once in a while.

thanks
Old 06-27-2007, 01:17 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person
Re: starts to wobble when i get close to balance point

learn staggered, if you wanna stick with sit-downs, sitback and straighten out your arms.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:09 AM

Outlawtorn50 is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 on the staggered. It feels weird at first, but you will feel so much more comfortable riding out a staggered stand up then a sit down wheelie. I am revisiting my sit downs now because I almost entirely gave up on them for a while because standing up is so much more comfortable and easier to control.

Stagger, clutch it up (it will come up a lot easier then sit downs), and practice being very smooth on the throttle.

If you want to stick to learning sit downs first then sit close to the tank, keep your arms straight, and again, be very smooth on the throttle.

...in any case, be sure to cover your rear brake when learning. Brake control is as important to learn as throttle control.

I run my tire pressure around 25 or lower psi for mid speed wheelies. If you're going slow then lower it even further.

:YEAH

Last edited by Outlawtorn50; 06-27-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:18 PM

lczx6r is a decent person

if you learn sit downs then try and go to staggered...well its like learnin to wheelie again.... it feels weird at first but keep at it... do lil chirps til you get use to it then clutch that bitch up!!!! plus stands ups look way better!!!!! and are easier to control and you ll be able to see better............
Old 07-23-2007, 02:08 PM

Tru Texan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Outlawtorn50

If you want to stick to learning sit downs first then sit close to the tank, keep your arms straight, and again, be very smooth on the throttle.

:YEAH

On sitdowns, sitting close to the gas tank is better than sitting back? I really didn't know that....damn, maybe thats y my sitdowns suck, I sit as far back from the tank as I can...
Old 07-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Call the Coast Guard!

LRMzx636 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to sit back on the seat doing sit downs also and found the initial clutch up to be kind of violent and unstable. After browsing the forums here a bit I read that sitting up on the tank makes it easier to control and its true. On the street or in the lot. THe bike does not want to come up as quick but definitely less wobbles. 30psi is a bit high I would think , lower that sucka down to about 20 for the wheelies.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:59 PM

DerekMey is a decent person

shout in the lot i'm runnin between 8psi and 13psi......on the street with a little speed and doing what your doing....run 20psi.....but DO NOT think you can just go take turns and not have it wobble
Old 07-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

this seems like a good place for squids to give advice so I will chime in.......... Get a hand brake and do ss's!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 PM

Juar3z is a decent person

staggard is better.... and put ur clutch lever angled more to the ground it helps....