r6 stunt help

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 01:01 AM

wickedbehaviors is an unknown quantity at this point
r6 stunt help

ok so since i wrecked my 06 r6 i have decided to stunt it before i put all new plastics and what not back on. so i am getting my cage, but i needed to ask if anyone might know a little more than me. what all do you think i will need to do to parking lot this bike. since the bike really isn't meant to stunt like what are your suggestions on sprockets? any help would be appreciated...........
Old 07-25-2006, 02:38 AM

jg101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: r6 stunt help

dont stunt in less you want a destroyed R6...... Too fragile
Old 07-25-2006, 07:45 AM

cbr6f4i is an unknown quantity at this point

dose anybody stunt a 06 r6 one of my friends just got one and wants to stunt it , but the only thing i have seen is a powers cage . dose anybody bake a bar?
Old 07-25-2006, 12:50 PM

well the sub frame is already busted from when i go t into a wreck and the upper fairing stay is also. so there really isnt much more i can do as long as i have a cage and ****..........like i am trying to stunt mine now but with the way the swingarm is bent down and the gearing it is really hard. you have to use really high rpm's but once you get it in the air there really isnt any power so its hard to keep it up. i can probably keep it up about fifty yards and that is hard. well for that bike it is. but seat standers and stoppies its doing pretty good.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:14 AM

sneed1rr is an unknown quantity at this point

57 tooth in rear and down 2 in front
Old 07-26-2006, 05:00 AM

NsOaklandR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Everybody iz shooting down the r6's subrame but that was all the years before 2006 so whats the deal with the new r6? iz it stronger? can the somebody put up a pic of the subframe? Hell you never know it may turn out to take the place of the F4i if it's stronger this year. The reason i say that is because Look at it. It already has a short pipe on it. no need to go saw-n off your yosh anymore lol i am going to look more into it myself cuz it might be a hell of a stunt bike in the next couple of years.:YEAH

Naw but i guess the new gixxer would make it b4 the new r6 anyway
Old 07-26-2006, 05:35 AM

cbr6f4i is an unknown quantity at this point

hahahahahhhahhhahahaaahahahahaahaa he said take the place of the f4i
Old 07-26-2006, 11:50 AM

oh hell no it will never take the place of the f4i. the sub frame is actually pretty weak. it is made of some kind of aluminum-magnesium alloy i believe supposed to be strong but mine busted in a 20 mph hour endo. but since mine is already busted i wanna slap a 12 bar on it and drag it. but it is really hard to get it up and keep it slow. the swing arm has a angle to it which kinda makes it a little harder but i dont think it is nothing that a huge *** sprocket cant handle..........
Old 07-27-2006, 12:34 AM

mista_shrpnl is an unknown quantity at this point

The subframes on the 06 are nearly identical as the last years gen..same shitty pot alum, same shitty thin walls.

as soon as I can get my hands on a straight one Ill be fabbin up a tubular steel subframe for the 2nd and 3rd gen R's:YEAH
Old 07-27-2006, 12:58 AM

let me know as soon as you can fab a steel one up. i want one pretty bad. mine is straight all the way to the very tip of it then it is broken off.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:10 AM

blacklincoln is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know but let me know if you need the 06 shift lever i got an extra ill slang to ya
Old 07-27-2006, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by wickedbehaviors
let me know as soon as you can fab a steel one up. i want one pretty bad. mine is straight all the way to the very tip of it then it is broken off.
should be soon..I just need to get my boys...
Old 07-27-2006, 03:42 AM

In response to what your saying about "it's hard to bring up because of the angle of the swingarm" or watever. the 03-06 CBR 600RR iz pretty much the same bike as far as angles, stance, and probably the way it feels when you try to whoolie it. my friend has one and they are a b*tch to learn on. WAY different the the reqgular styled bikes. it creeps up off the ground slow or you gotta give it hell to come up but once it's up WOW. It hit's the power band and shoots off like the space shuttle. So i guess what i'm sayin on that subject is ask some of the 600rr owners for advice because it seems to be the exact same situation.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by mista_shrpnl
The subframes on the 06 are nearly identical as the last years gen..same shitty pot alum, same shitty thin walls.

as soon as I can get my hands on a straight one Ill be fabbin up a tubular steel subframe for the 2nd and 3rd gen R's:YEAH
What do you plan to do about the main FRAME breaking from the sub fram being too strong? gonna have to do a lot of trial and error on that one. everybody i have heard of that tried to strengthen up the r6's sub frame said it just ended up holding too good and breaking the frame. But if you get the right math down to where the subframe gives right at the point b4 the stress breaks the frame then please let me know:YEAH
Old 07-27-2006, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by NsOaklandR6
What do you plan to do about the main FRAME breaking from the sub fram being too strong? gonna have to do a lot of trial and error on that one. everybody i have heard of that tried to strengthen up the r6's sub frame said it just ended up holding too good and breaking the frame. But if you get the right math down to where the subframe gives right at the point b4 the stress breaks the frame then please let me know:YEAH

Will do. Just have to know where on the subframe to give a damage point. Ive done a few for the 1st model R's with no frame breaking issues...the frame is actually alot stronger than we give it credit for...but I definatly see what your saying.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:32 PM

J-Sin is an unknown quantity at this point

you kinda gotta accept the risk that you r6 is gonna get f***** up alot more than other bikes. cage it and support the subframe. i use my 04 r6 for faster shyt but if i ever get into the lot, tradin it for something more "lotable". your r6 and parking lots is kinda like putting a fat chick in sexy lingere, the two just dont go together.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:44 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

put the powers cage on big sprocket and beat the **** out of it after that get a f4i and you be the man
Old 07-30-2006, 01:46 PM

if i didnt have payments on it it would already be gone.....but right now i am getting it pretty good in the lot. mainly just technichal tricks seat standers, stoppies, but until i get my sprocket i cant really get any slow wheelies yet. oh well just need to fab myself up a twelve bar and get after it. thanks for the help guys. oh well i will be pretty good by the time i get my f4i