NEED HELP WITH 2nd GEAR WHEELIES

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 04:26 AM

jgoldsberry is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NEED HELP WITH 2nd GEAR WHEELIES

Go like 45 and bounce it off the rev and pull back as hard as u can and drop the clutch....Seriously do it NO listen to Crtchrkt (Mike)
Old 05-21-2006, 03:23 PM

blurrymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

when i was learning, i found that it took a larger twist of the wrist then i thought. and be smooth. clutch and gas. style is everthing; when everyone and there dog can wheelie.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:27 PM

gsxrboi02 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow.. dont even try.. ride more first.. the point is to rev while the clutch is in.. you can loop at any speed
I have the clutch in around 6k rpm then I bring it up to 8k rpm and it doesn't do ****.. Comes up and then goes right back down. It comes up like a couple of inches.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:36 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

^ that is self explanatory homeboy.. give her more gas.. more rpms.. and try to concentrate on rear brake just in case
Old 05-22-2006, 05:45 PM

Stunter-X is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gsxrboi02
I have the clutch in around 6k rpm then I bring it up to 8k rpm and it doesn't do ****.. Comes up and then goes right back down. It comes up like a couple of inches.
yeah man, you're probably doing about 40mph which is good, but you need to give it way more gas than that. I think the last time I looked at the tach it was around 12k when I let the clutch out, but start off small and just let it out at higher and higher rpm's.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Dont worry about the damn tach. Go by feel. I think too many things are running through your head before you try to bring it up. Jsut like uponone said, start small and just give it more and more gas. You have it if your clutching it and its coming up a few inches. Just more gas, but dont pin it and dump it, my god... Also try to be smooth or your fork seals will be blown before you know it. Thats another reason to take it slow, youll get comfortable when it gets high and wont freak and chop throttle and slam it down w/engine break. When it comes down give it a little gas to take some of the impact out.

Edit: you dont need to be goin 40 either, try it at aroud 30-35. 2nd gear. Or if you wann make it easier, learn to ride a slow first gear wh00lie then second will be easy as hell.