Old 04-14-2006, 07:15 PM

DEBO is a decent person
Re: Suspension setup for stoppies

Originally Posted by Kaneone
RaceTech

Ask for ANDY GLOMSKI

Tell him I sent you

-Kane

Im guessing you probally got hooked up, but how much did they charge you?????
Old 04-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

I really dont know what retail is.. i guess it depends on what u get done and if they do it or u do it ya know...

-kane
Old 04-14-2006, 10:39 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Thanks for the props fellas. I'll gladly pass along what I've learned. If what Kane said is true (no, not the jokes about my walker) about Race Tech and the triples, it would open a whole new realm of control and distance to the stoppie. I sank my forks down in the triple on my 900 about 1/8-1/4 inch past flush to change the geometry a bit and it made tons of difference. I never felt out of control or even the slightest bit of headshake even when I was at it's highest point. Setup, comfort and confidence=distance. Being a superhero on a s-box bike is just stupid. I ran .95's and 1.0's on my springs and 2 grades thicker fluid with my preload cranked down a bit and compression/rebound at 75%. Cranking the preload lengthens the forks a bit and sinking them in the triple is a ghetto way of accomplishing what Race Tech did. I'll gladly take a race tech triple and post my findings
Old 04-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
Thanks for the props fellas. I'll gladly pass along what I've learned. If what Kane said is true (no, not the jokes about my walker) about Race Tech and the triples, it would open a whole new realm of control and distance to the stoppie. I sank my forks down in the triple on my 900 about 1/8-1/4 inch past flush to change the geometry a bit and it made tons of difference. I never felt out of control or even the slightest bit of headshake even when I was at it's highest point. Setup, comfort and confidence=distance. Being a superhero on a s-box bike is just stupid. I ran .95's and 1.0's on my springs and 2 grades thicker fluid with my preload cranked down a bit and compression/rebound at 75%. Cranking the preload lengthens the forks a bit and sinking them in the triple is a ghetto way of accomplishing what Race Tech did. I'll gladly take a race tech triple and post my findings

hey old man clear your private message box

-Kane
Old 04-20-2006, 03:25 PM

DEBO is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone
I really dont know what retail is.. i guess it depends on what u get done and if they do it or u do it ya know...

-kane

How much did you pay???
Old 04-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by DEBO
How much did you pay???

$0.00

-Kane
Old 04-21-2006, 02:31 AM

andy342 is an unknown quantity at this point

Retail on the work we did to Kane's bike would have been about $900. Full rebuild front and rear, new fork seals, new fork bushings, custom fork and shock valving with Race Tech Gold Valves, new springs, and new oil seal on the shock.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:33 AM

Gixxer_R.i.F. is a decent person

Originally Posted by ziggler
realy? i like my forks stiff as hell, i think it makes the back tire come up faster and thats what you need for long stoppies, is to get to the balance point quick before your speed is gone. i hope i'm wrong maybe a diferent setup will improve my distance (about 400ft). z
Same here mine are cranked as hard as they go!
Old 04-21-2006, 09:43 AM

addicted2psi is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know which way i need to turn the rebound adjustment on my 01 F4i?

Im not sure if Soft or Hard will get them to rebound less...
Old 04-21-2006, 10:12 AM

brockmenold82 is an unknown quantity at this point

soft equals less rebound, hard equals more robound (more = faster) (less= slower)
Old 04-21-2006, 10:13 AM

by the way bradley park 1:00p.m. sunday
it's time to show these piggies who REALLY owns these streets!
Old 04-21-2006, 10:19 AM

PM me if you don't know what i mean, or you can come out with us and we'll help ya set it up
Old 04-21-2006, 11:21 AM

Anyone viewing this thread should LISTEN TO MATT GORKA!!! HE HAS BROUGHT MY STOPPIES AHEAD LIGHT YEARS IN A FEW DAYS!!! I appreciate all ur help Matt and hope you come check out our city some time, everyone here could really learn alot just ridin with you...

:YEAH
Old 04-21-2006, 11:28 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm no endo superhero, but the 1.0 fork springs were an IMMEDIATE difference(from 50 ft. to nearly 200 when I got my bike bike).....also I like STOCK pads, haven't failed me yet. I'm thinkin bout dropping my forks in the triple a lil now after readin this, and when my seals blow out again, heavier oil is goin in! And I have a stock 03 600RR front end, not those spiffy o5 ones, or even 929/954/1000RR front ends!

I went with Traxxion Dynamics, they were pretty much the same fork springs as Race Tech, except they had a $20 option for some insert that the racer boys told me keeps the springs from bowing when its being compressed. It was $20 so I went with that!

The only advice I feel I can give.......STEERING DAMPER........oh yeah, and remember to turn it up when your gonna roll an endo.......forgot once, headshaked on a junk road and I had to bleach my underwear to get the stains out!
Old 04-21-2006, 03:37 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Glad to see you got results this early with the fork setup. Another trick that I've always done that aids in the control is the position of the brake lever travel. Many people like the travel all the way out, but I find the closer to the grip you can adjust it, the better control you have and the bike is much smoother because of it....which translates to longer stoppies. On a standard honda lever, I always run it on the 5th position unless my pads are really worn. I use my index and middle finger to pull on the lever and put my ring finder behind my lever to simultaneously push back and give it some resistance while in a stoppie. It really works to smooth your brake input out.

...Want more?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:39 PM

Give me everything u got...EVERBODY LISTENIN!?!
Old 04-21-2006, 03:48 PM

How Much Did They Charge U For That Work On Ur Front End?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:52 PM

addicted2psi is an unknown quantity at this point

ready...i want every bit of information i can get...
Old 04-21-2006, 06:26 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to see you got results this early with the fork setup. Another trick that I've always done that aids in the control is the position of the brake lever travel. Many people like the travel all the way out, but I find the closer to the grip you can adjust it, the better control you have and the bike is much smoother because of it....which translates to longer stoppies. On a standard honda lever, I always run it on the 5th position unless my pads are really worn. I use my index and middle finger to pull on the lever and put my ring finder behind my lever to simultaneously push back and give it some resistance while in a stoppie. It really works to smooth your brake input out.

...Want more?
I'll prolly try the lever setting, mine is set on 2 right now and sits WAY out

oh yeah MOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 04-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person

...Want more?
I want all the information you have to offer. I recently just started working on stoppies. and i like the feel of my bike so far. but all the info from a stoppie guru like yourself is greatly appreciated. I just need to get cramer out and riding and get some more info from him.

Quick Reply: Suspension setup for stoppies