Getting off the bar high chair?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:20 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Getting off the bar high chair?

I was messing around yesterday and had my idle set at about 3000, I did a 1st gear highchair got it real slow and got it on the bar. I didnt mean to really and when it touched down I was stuck up there, I tried the HB as much as possible and it just wouldnt come off the bar. So after a few feet or scraping it got squirly and I crashed...I think I had too much idle and couldnt overpower it with the HB.....

My question is now that I know where the bar is and what it feels like to be on it in a high chair whats the proper method to scraping and getting it off the bar? How fast should I be going? I should have little to no idle up right?

Thanks for any help luckily I was hurt at all and my bike took little damage, but I dont want loop one of those again.......
Old 03-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Getting off the bar high chair?

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
I was messing around yesterday and had my idle set at about 3000, I did a 1st gear highchair got it real slow and got it on the bar. I didnt mean to really and when it touched down I was stuck up there, I tried the HB as much as possible and it just wouldnt come off the bar. So after a few feet or scraping it got squirly and I crashed...I think I had too much idle and couldnt overpower it with the HB.....

My question is now that I know where the bar is and what it feels like to be on it in a high chair whats the proper method to scraping and getting it off the bar? How fast should I be going? I should have little to no idle up right?

Thanks for any help luckily I was hurt at all and my bike took little damage, but I dont want loop one of those again.......
Turn your idle down to 1000, and pull in the clutch when you hit and then let the clutch out. Engine brake will bring you down. HB not needed.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by NINER
Turn your idle down to 1000, and pull in the clutch when you hit and then let the clutch out. Engine brake will bring you down. HB not needed.
Well thats gonna be hard Im using the HB to keep it high and slow so I have to get my finger back on the clutch before it hits the bar then pull it in scrape and let it out?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

radial M/C Solve that... could get off the bar with ur pinky.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Well thats gonna be hard Im using the HB to keep it high and slow so I have to get my finger back on the clutch before it hits the bar then pull it in scrape and let it out?
Turn the idle down to 1000rpms and use throttle control. Before HB's people were still scraping and bringing it back down without back brake.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

people also used horses to get arround before the CAR.

should we stunt horses?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:00 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Hit the bar going faster with the idle down. Same as SS and spreaders
Old 03-27-2006, 11:33 AM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

u want as much engine brake as possible....scraping slow is way harder than scraping fast...turn ur idle down to stock...ride a nice bp hc, and throttle it back to the bar, when u hit let off the throttle hit hb, and bam u scraped a hc, not hard........no idle !!!!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
u want as much engine brake as possible....scraping slow is way harder than scraping fast...turn ur idle down to stock...ride a nice bp hc, and throttle it back to the bar, when u hit let off the throttle hit hb, and bam u scraped a hc, not hard........no idle !!!!!!
Thanks thats what I figured I had my idle up because I was doin other tricks, I didnt think Id scrape and I wasnt trying to......When I was goin for scrapes I was doin exaclty what your saying in 2nd just wasnt getting it, about 2 inches short of scraping...

Whats a good speed to attempt the scrape? and what gear do you prefer, Im thinking 2nd cause Im smooter in 2nd?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:12 PM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wheeliest

should we stunt horses?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

should we stunt horses?
No cuz horses' front ends are garbage for stoppies.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by TongWoo
No cuz horses' front ends are garbage for stoppies.
Where is the "history of stunting" post from a few years ago?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:23 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

should we stunt horses?

HAHAHAHAHAHHA
Old 03-27-2006, 04:25 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks thats what I figured I had my idle up because I was doin other tricks, I didnt think Id scrape and I wasnt trying to......When I was goin for scrapes I was doin exaclty what your saying in 2nd just wasnt getting it, about 2 inches short of scraping...

Whats a good speed to attempt the scrape? and what gear do you prefer, Im thinking 2nd cause Im smooter in 2nd?

wat kind of squid question is that...if ur in a parking lot use first gear...unless ur rockin sum major gearing(ie -2, +22).......u dont even really hafta be that smooth, jsut do a HC and throttle it back...but def use first , NOT second
Old 03-27-2006, 05:28 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

I scrape HC with 3500rpm idle in 1st, I whip it back @ 20mph:YEAH
Old 03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
is a squid

BIG-D is an unknown quantity at this point

should we stunt horses?
:YEAH
Old 03-28-2006, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
wat kind of squid question is that...if ur in a parking lot use first gear...unless ur rockin sum major gearing(ie -2, +22).......u dont even really hafta be that smooth, jsut do a HC and throttle it back...but def use first , NOT second
Its one comming from a squid........If I was a pro like you I wouldnt be asking questions now would I.........