Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunting Help and Advice (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice)
-   -   Getting off the bar high chair? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice/155219-getting-off-bar-high.html)

JohnnyP 03-27-2006 10:20 AM

Getting off the bar high chair?

I was messing around yesterday and had my idle set at about 3000, I did a 1st gear highchair got it real slow and got it on the bar. I didnt mean to really and when it touched down I was stuck up there, I tried the HB as much as possible and it just wouldnt come off the bar. So after a few feet or scraping it got squirly and I crashed...I think I had too much idle and couldnt overpower it with the HB.....

My question is now that I know where the bar is and what it feels like to be on it in a high chair whats the proper method to scraping and getting it off the bar? How fast should I be going? I should have little to no idle up right?

Thanks for any help luckily I was hurt at all and my bike took little damage, but I dont want loop one of those again.......

NINER 03-27-2006 10:23 AM

Re: Getting off the bar high chair?

[QUOTE=JohnnyP]I was messing around yesterday and had my idle set at about 3000, I did a 1st gear highchair got it real slow and got it on the bar. I didnt mean to really and when it touched down I was stuck up there, I tried the HB as much as possible and it just wouldnt come off the bar. So after a few feet or scraping it got squirly and I crashed...I think I had too much idle and couldnt overpower it with the HB.....

My question is now that I know where the bar is and what it feels like to be on it in a high chair whats the proper method to scraping and getting it off the bar? How fast should I be going? I should have little to no idle up right?

Thanks for any help luckily I was hurt at all and my bike took little damage, but I dont want loop one of those again.......[/QUOTE]
Turn your idle down to 1000, and pull in the clutch when you hit and then let the clutch out. Engine brake will bring you down. HB not needed.

JohnnyP 03-27-2006 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=NINER]Turn your idle down to 1000, and pull in the clutch when you hit and then let the clutch out. Engine brake will bring you down. HB not needed.[/QUOTE]

Well thats gonna be hard:banghead Im using the HB to keep it high and slow so I have to get my finger back on the clutch before it hits the bar then pull it in scrape and let it out?

Wheeliest 03-27-2006 10:32 AM

radial M/C Solve that... could get off the bar with ur pinky.

NINER 03-27-2006 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=JohnnyP]Well thats gonna be hard:banghead Im using the HB to keep it high and slow so I have to get my finger back on the clutch before it hits the bar then pull it in scrape and let it out?[/QUOTE]
Turn the idle down to 1000rpms and use throttle control. Before HB's people were still scraping and bringing it back down without back brake.

Wheeliest 03-27-2006 10:52 AM

people also used horses to get arround before the CAR.

should we stunt horses?

MikeM 03-27-2006 11:00 AM

Hit the bar going faster with the idle down. Same as SS and spreaders

Z-UNIT 03-27-2006 11:33 AM

u want as much engine brake as possible....scraping slow is way harder than scraping fast...turn ur idle down to stock...ride a nice bp hc, and throttle it back to the bar, when u hit let off the throttle hit hb, and bam u scraped a hc, not hard........no idle !!!!!!

JohnnyP 03-27-2006 12:45 PM

[QUOTE=Z-UNIT]u want as much engine brake as possible....scraping slow is way harder than scraping fast...turn ur idle down to stock...ride a nice bp hc, and throttle it back to the bar, when u hit let off the throttle hit hb, and bam u scraped a hc, not hard........no idle !!!!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks thats what I figured I had my idle up because I was doin other tricks, I didnt think Id scrape and I wasnt trying to......When I was goin for scrapes I was doin exaclty what your saying in 2nd just wasnt getting it, about 2 inches short of scraping...

Whats a good speed to attempt the scrape? and what gear do you prefer, Im thinking 2nd cause Im smooter in 2nd?

Michael D Rickman 03-27-2006 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=Wheeliest]people also used horses to get arround before the CAR.

should we stunt horses?[/QUOTE]
:lol :lol :lol :lol

TongWoo 03-27-2006 02:18 PM

No cuz horses' front ends are garbage for stoppies.

NINER 03-27-2006 02:21 PM

[QUOTE=TongWoo]No cuz horses' front ends are garbage for stoppies.[/QUOTE]
Where is the "history of stunting" post from a few years ago?:LOL

John LegionST 03-27-2006 02:23 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

Z-UNIT 03-27-2006 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=JohnnyP]Thanks thats what I figured I had my idle up because I was doin other tricks, I didnt think Id scrape and I wasnt trying to......When I was goin for scrapes I was doin exaclty what your saying in 2nd just wasnt getting it, about 2 inches short of scraping...

Whats a good speed to attempt the scrape? and what gear do you prefer, Im thinking 2nd cause Im smooter in 2nd?[/QUOTE]

wat kind of squid question is that...if ur in a parking lot use first gear...unless ur rockin sum major gearing(ie -2, +22).......u dont even really hafta be that smooth, jsut do a HC and throttle it back...but def use first , NOT second

*Tanus* 03-27-2006 05:28 PM

I scrape HC with 3500rpm idle in 1st, I whip it back @ 20mph:YEAH

BIG-D 03-27-2006 05:35 PM

:LOL :YEAH :cheers

JohnnyP 03-28-2006 08:50 AM

[QUOTE=Z-UNIT]wat kind of squid question is that...if ur in a parking lot use first gear...unless ur rockin sum major gearing(ie -2, +22).......u dont even really hafta be that smooth, jsut do a HC and throttle it back...but def use first , NOT second[/QUOTE]

Its one comming from a squid........If I was a pro like you I wouldnt be asking questions now would I.........:shruggs