advice on no handed wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 05:29 PM

Byron is an unknown quantity at this point
advice on no handed wheelies

Does anyone know the proper rpm for a 04 gsx-r 600, geared -1 front, +7 rear. i cant find the right rpm for no handed creepers..... any advice would be helpfull...
Old 03-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: advice on no handed wheelies

i do sitdown foot down no handers at 3500rpm with idle set at 4k rpm

<-- stock gear'd carbed bike

Last edited by Wheeliest; 03-24-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:42 PM

Paul is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you catching the idle now,and just having trouble keeping it up when you take your hands off?try setting your idle around 3000rpm,should be plenty with that gearing.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:56 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Its More Of A Mental Thing If Your Already Carrying Idle With No Probs.your Brain Doesn't Want You To Let Go At First But Then Its No Big Thing.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

yeah i still go blank right before removing my hands but as soon as they are off it all comes back to me.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Scrapes Elbow

don't waste ur time doing FIB no handers though
Old 03-24-2006, 06:03 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
don't waste ur time doing FIB no handers though
says the guy doing foot down no handers.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Scrapes Elbow

hey hey hey, soon it will be foot down no hander circles to the right even!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:26 PM

I can get it up and hold it but as soon as my hands come off the bars, it gets really shifty, i have my rpm set at 4 grand, i'll try 3500.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Scrapes Elbow

yeah thats exactly why i do foot down, keep it going straight
Old 03-25-2006, 08:19 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Fib No Handers = Brokeback Mountain
Old 03-25-2006, 05:01 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

4 grand is cool, the most important thing is actually to be super smooth on the brake, youd be surprised when you use a long pull on the brakes instead of lots of jerky little jabs it adds a ton to the side to side stability...

thats the secret to the damn things

if you're foot in the seat, you gotta lock to the tank with your knees and thighs.... then you can just wave you upper body around and steer the thing
Old 03-26-2006, 05:53 PM

Thanks for the advic.... I'mactually on my way out right now so I'l let you know how it worked out!!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:30 PM

EXMrider05 is an unknown quantity at this point

put it in second gear lower your air pressure to like 15lbs and jack the idle up as far as she will go ...and you will be doin some fast no handers...faster your goin the easir it is ..unless your doing like top of 3 god bless ya
Old 03-26-2006, 08:31 PM

EXMrider05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
hey hey hey, soon it will be foot down no hander circles to the right even!
my question is why
Old 03-27-2006, 01:02 PM

your advice worked out great.... the bad news is that i was doing a tank wheelie, i rode it out.... was coming to a stop to turn around... hit gravel and crashed... broke my thumb, and the sub frame.... I hate rding in canada this time of year. it's the same parking lot we always use but i hit a bad spot. but your advice was good, Thanks again.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Originally Posted by EXMrider05
my question is why
alittle sarcasum.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:08 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Once you learn the concept, it doesnt really mater what the idle is at. If its lower, youjust use less brake.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Scrapes Elbow

hey with foot on seat no handers i heard some one talking about griping the tank with ur knees but its not possible really on my bike, does anybody just brake they're right knee on the tank? i was getting really stable n comfy but never got to take off my hands.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:45 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

you need to be way off to the right side of the bike.. with th e bars down by your hips.. then your left knee is pushed into the tank.. so you feel some stability.. and take like your throttle hand off first.. then your left hand.. and have the bars turned allt he way locked... don't just take both hands off at once when u're learning... and do sit down no handers the correct way.. both feet on the pegs!

Quick Reply: advice on no handed wheelies