high powered rifle

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 01:44 AM

Tucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to behold
Re: high powered rifle

M4 --- Ar15 Same ****!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tucker R6!
get an M4 thats in 6.8 best ive seen for a high powered killer!
Originally Posted by Tucker R6!
M4 --- Ar15 Same ****!
m4 is a 14.5" version with telescoping stock

thats an a2 mid length in your pic
Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 PM

U TuRn ZaCh420 is a decent person

actually they call it a M6A2 not an AR 15 do some research I just call it an M4 so everyone knows....and you might be able to build one yourself for half the price but their **** is pretty much the most quality **** you can buy on the market so to each his own

Last edited by U TuRn ZaCh420; 11-24-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:12 PM

oneoldjimmy is a decent person

Love my Savage 111 7mm Rem Mag... Not too pricey for the piece or the ammo... Things a beast too!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oneoldjimmy
Love my Savage 111 7mm Rem Mag... Not too pricey for the piece or the ammo... Things a beast too!
Savages are awesome...I have a Savage .270 for a deer rifle, and a new Savage .17hmr.....the Accu-Trigger on them is the best trigger out of all of my guns and my shots are always dead on and super consistent shot after shot.

If you want some serious knockdown power and money is no longer an option...... 338 lapua, .50 bmg, and .375 H&H are some great rounds....but as said before, affordability and big high powered loads do not go hand in hand at all.

As for the "M4" vs. "M4gery" talk....theres quite a few differences, including the "M4" feedramps being cut into the barrel extension and also into the upper receiver unlike traditional AR uppers, "M4" profile barrels have the cut-in allowing for a grenade launcher to be attached, the collapsible stock is usually part of it, but not a defining part of a true "M4" as any entry length buttstock can be put on one without removing its "M4" designation. AR's, M4's, and M16's share 90%+ parts, and the major defining parts differences are the feed ramps, barrel profile, barrel length, upper receiver,...

My "M4" has a 16" M4 profile barrel, ACE skeletonized entry buttstock, M4 feedramps, flattop upper receiver with EOTech.....technically it has everything to be considered an "M4" by most......but until it has select fire to go from single shot to full auto...its my AR or "M4gery".....just like if I built a carry handled, 20" barreled AR.....it wouldnt be an M16 to me until it had a true M16 lower receiver with select fire.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:26 PM

Joezx10r is a decent person

Why do u need a high powered rifle to poach?
Old 02-04-2009, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Joezx10r
Why do u need a high powered rifle to poach?
I'm guessing his slingshot was falling short!

jk, I in no-way condone poaching.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:33 PM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

personally, i just like .308's. i do alot of target shooting and a couple of comp's a year. try'n to get into long range shoot'n
Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
Savages are awesome...I have a Savage .270 for a deer rifle, and a new Savage .17hmr.....the Accu-Trigger on them is the best trigger out of all of my guns and my shots are always dead on and super consistent shot after shot.

If you want some serious knockdown power and money is no longer an option...... 338 lapua, .50 bmg, and .375 H&H are some great rounds....but as said before, affordability and big high powered loads do not go hand in hand at all.

As for the "M4" vs. "M4gery" talk....theres quite a few differences, including the "M4" feedramps being cut into the barrel extension and also into the upper receiver unlike traditional AR uppers, "M4" profile barrels have the cut-in allowing for a grenade launcher to be attached, the collapsible stock is usually part of it, but not a defining part of a true "M4" as any entry length buttstock can be put on one without removing its "M4" designation. AR's, M4's, and M16's share 90%+ parts, and the major defining parts differences are the feed ramps, barrel profile, barrel length, upper receiver,...

My "M4" has a 16" M4 profile barrel, ACE skeletonized entry buttstock, M4 feedramps, flattop upper receiver with EOTech.....technically it has everything to be considered an "M4" by most......but until it has select fire to go from single shot to full auto...its my AR or "M4gery".....just like if I built a carry handled, 20" barreled AR.....it wouldnt be an M16 to me until it had a true M16 lower receiver with select fire.
i like to shoot my savage 17 hmr more then my ar15, thing is like a laser out to 150

how do you like the ace entry stock, my buddy has one on on his sw m&p but it feels super short i can't even use the buis
Old 02-07-2009, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by EZEC
i like to shoot my savage 17 hmr more then my ar15, thing is like a laser out to 150

how do you like the ace entry stock, my buddy has one on on his sw m&p but it feels super short i can't even use the buis
I agree with ya.....I shoot my .17 ALOT more than my AR.....especially after all the time and money it takes to load the 90 round AR drum every time I shoot compared to just shooting my .17 all day long for $12.50 per 50 rounds! Was pinging metal prairie dogs out to 200-250 yards with no wind....too much fun!

honestly....it was hard to get used to. My cousin was a marine and showed me how they shot and taught me to change towards those tendencies and I'm pretty comfortable with it. The big things to me are the reduced noise compared to the collapsible buttstock, and how solid it feels. I could knock the stock thru someone's face and know it would still be ready to shoot without impinging on the buffer tube. I think the Entry length is primarily for use with bulletproof vests and heavier clothing...its winter here, so its comfy as hell right now...we'll see how it does this summer!

My "M4" has YHM flip up sights on the front and rear with tritium night sights in them......most of the time I just use my EOTech, but sometimes I'll co-witness with my irons sights flipped up, or turn the EOTech off completely. I haven't had an issue being able to use them with the ACE stock.

I have the full length ACE skeletonized stock on order for a 24" barreled AR I'm in mid-build with......really starting to like ACE, YHM, Model1Sales, DPMS, and CMMG as places where I get everything!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:39 AM

Suicidal Antics is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm building my first ar15/m4gery.... hope its as much fun to shoot, as it is to build.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Suicidal Antics
I'm building my first ar15/m4gery.... hope its as much fun to shoot, as it is to build.
well, building AR's is more like assembling a kit than a true build, so its fun, fairly simple, and yeah.....it'll be a blast to shoot if its as accurate as mine has been.

I want to get into building AK's.......thats a build! cut, weld, rivot, press,........
Old 02-08-2009, 06:36 PM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
well, building AR's is more like assembling a kit than a true build, so its fun, fairly simple, and yeah.....it'll be a blast to shoot if its as accurate as mine has been.

I want to get into building AK's.......thats a build! cut, weld, rivot, press,........
As soon as Im out of this damned marine corps Im getting back into playing with metal.... One of the first things to get is a mill, and I have every intention of making my own AK receiver. Seems pretty easy!
Old 02-08-2009, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pimpus Maximus
As soon as Im out of this damned marine corps Im getting back into playing with metal.... One of the first things to get is a mill, and I have every intention of making my own AK receiver. Seems pretty easy!
as long as you get everything in the right place and use the right thickness of steel.....then harden it...you're good to go.

You can buy unbent, no serial number, receiver flats all day for $15-40 and bend your own...prolly the route I'll go down.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Embrace the Hate

which eotech do you have? i'm going to pick one up after my next ammo purchase. i have my spare carry handle cut down so i can co witness.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:10 PM

which eotech do you have? i'm going to pick one up after my next ammo purchase. i have my spare carry handle cut down so i can co witness.
ditch the spare carry handle and mount directly to the flattop upper with a YHM flip up rear sight....they work GREAT with standard front sight posts!!!

I just have an EOTech 511......people bitch about the Type N batteries being available, but I have three in my vertical grip, and 2-3 in the Ergo Sure Grip....thats an additional 1000 hours of use after the one in my EOTech finally gives out (bright as hell like it was when I got it).

The EOTech 512 is a really nice model and if you get the lithium AA batteries meant for cameras it will last a really long time between battery changes.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Embrace the Hate

yea i was going to go with the 512 just because of the batteries.

this is how i have my carry handle cut...i'd rather spend the money on ammo instead of a flip up sight.

Name:  left325buis.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  52.3 KB
Old 02-09-2009, 09:44 AM

yea i was going to go with the 512 just because of the batteries.

this is how i have my carry handle cut...i'd rather spend the money on ammo instead of a flip up sight.

not too bad really......you basically created a $40 detachable (non-flip up) rear sight out of a removeable carry handle. It should work fine.

For about the same amount as what a detachable carry handle costs you could pick up a cheaper UTG detachable rear sight....it would look about the same, but allow it to flip down out of sight when you dont want it.