F4i no start

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 12:24 AM

freestylemotox is a decent person
F4i no start

Alright guys so I new to the forum but I've been following for quite some time now

So I've got a 2000 cbr600 did an f4i swap with a 2001 motor and now I'm at a stump in the road, I've searched the forums high and dry but my problem is just a little bit different the. All the others

So I've got a 2 part problem. First is the fuel pump won't prime or come on at all. I can ground the relay and make the pump power up so I know the pump is good, the ECM is not sending a ground signal to the relay to switch it and make power go out to the pump.

Next I used my power probe to force the pump on and the bike will not start. I have spark, I have injector pulse, and I'm forcing fuel ( I've even tried dumping raw fuel down the throttle bodies and it will not fire up. I'm at a complete loss, I'm good with wiring and can't find anything wrong unless there is something I'm not seeing

Things to check off the list
Bas is bi passed
Battery is new and charged
Pink wire on ignition is 8.6 volts
Headlights work fine
Timing is spot on
Valve adjustment is right
Kill switch seems to work right ( won't crank when it's shut off)
Clutch switch works
Kickstand switch works
There's probably more that I can't think of

I finally joined here for a helping hand you guys always seem to have more information and ideas than the other forums so hopefully we can figure this stupid thing out and I can get back to the road.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:31 AM

freestylemotox is a decent person
Re: F4i no start

Well no response from anyone...... did a little digging and found that the ecm i ordered off some jackass on ebay was a california emmisions ecm which if you put it on a normal bike it will retard timing 3 degrees and not start. I ordered a new ecm so hopefully that will solve all my problems i will keep everyone posted.