Just picked up my dream gun today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 07:43 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold
Re: Just picked up my dream gun today.

I want to say like 5 to 7 lbs ?? I can look.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

When I dried fired it the one time at the dealer it felt about 4-6.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:46 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
This is probaly the next one im gonna get.

That isn't from the Pro shop at Springfield Armory was it??
I know of a couple of private builders that machine the slides and stuff. Not sure if I like this for tactical/combat reasons, but for competition it is pretty sweet.

that is why I am not getting a ported barrel, just a guide rod, spring,and that light keeps it steady too.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:48 PM
hunts and stunts

When I dried fired it the one time at the dealer it felt about 4-6.

You can upgrade with either the combat trigger job, or the competition trigger job both at the pro shop from springfield armory. Gotta ship 'em your piece and wait though.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

You can actually buy em like that from the dealer. They are limited quanity.

http://www.gunsandaccessories.com/sp...ld_armory1?b=1
Old 06-02-2007, 07:52 PM
hunts and stunts

You can actually buy em like that from the dealer. They are limited quanity.

http://www.gunsandaccessories.com/sp...ld_armory1?b=1

Notice the custom Springfield Armory LE insignia stamped into the side of my slide. You may have to click on the pic.

Preachin' to the choir! lol
Old 06-02-2007, 07:55 PM

john3/1 is an unknown quantity at this point

40 cal the way to go
Old 06-02-2007, 07:57 PM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by john3/1
40 cal the way to go

Dude, put your purse down and buy the 45!!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:02 PM

i like 45's, when i joined the marine corps 10yrs ago we stilled used them and got rid of them and went to a berreta 9mm, because 45's to much killing power, marine corps went to smaller weapon to just stop the enemy so we could gather intel, but 40's are great, just wouldn't buy a 9mm fo sho
Old 06-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Senior Moderators

I hate 9mm. But my friend that is in Iraq has been buying guns like a mad man since he gets a discount. So he is pickin up a 9mm for me to trade for my paintball gun. As long as I dont have to pay for it, I'll take one!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:13 PM

there ok i was in iraq twice i was a grunt i used one shot a guy 15 times in the chest of course he was hopt up on adrenaline the drug i emptyed a hole mag in his chest before he fell thats when i knew i would never buy one
Old 06-02-2007, 08:21 PM

an of course im not in the corps anymore because some jackass iraqi returned the favor two in my shoulder now im just collecting benefits.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Senior Moderators

Ive heard to many stories like that about 9mm's. Good for target practice but not so much so for general self defense.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:45 PM

yea not very much knock down power
Old 06-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Senior Moderators

I've always wanted one around for screwing around with. But I cant get myself to spend money on one.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:52 PM

definitely good choice with the 40 wished the marine corps would use those or go back to the 45's, all special ops units use 45's like kimber or sig
Old 06-02-2007, 09:00 PM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by john3/1
an of course im not in the corps anymore because some jackass iraqi returned the favor two in my shoulder now im just collecting benefits.

Yea, aaaabout the purse comment.....ha ha
No seriously man, sorry to hear about the way you left the corps. Are you fully recovered, or is your shoulder still not 100%? Hope they take care of you if it is still f'd up.

My buddy has a SA XD40 I have shot it, and I like it too. he keeps it in his purse....No J/k

I just was going off alont time ago, I spine shot a doe with my A3 tactical carbine, and tried to finish her with two 40's from a ruger p90 or somethin'(my friends, former 82nd airborne) to the head. I came back 1 hour later and she was still with it, I had to cut her throat. Gamey tasting venison from that one for sure, good for only sausage, and jerkey. but anyways that was after one 5.56 to the spine, and one 40 in the ear, and another in the eye. My only time that I called on a 40 to do it's duty, and that was my experience... as for the 5.56 well, try to take my ar-15 from me, I dare you....
Old 06-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Senior Moderators

You missed the head and shot its ear and eye

Please dont ever shoot me, youll make me blind and def.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:10 PM

yea i get payed for life, 100% full range of motion im good now had to pick up something dangerous so i started stunting....lol, i wish the marines could afford to get better weapons but it will never happen, there is a weapon called a sr-25 awesome uses a 7.62 looks just like a m-16 but more effective
Old 06-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Senior Moderators

Does anyone know if the Romanian AK-47 is a good gun or not? I have a romanian SKS and I dont care for it to much, to many mecanical problems with it. But they have a AK-47 at the gun shop with folding stock and large red dot scope for $375. It was at $475 but its on clearance now.

Quick Reply: Just picked up my dream gun today.