Home Protection

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 04:51 PM

deathdodger is an unknown quantity at this point
Home Protection

I see alot of dumb posts about guns on here, oh well. Here is what I keep to protect myself. I have others but this is what I keep outta the safe for when somthing goes bump in the night. Springfeild Armory XD 9mm, and Bushmaster C97s. The Springfeild is nice but I hat that it don't have adjustable sights. The Ar-15 is a mean ****. THe only bad thing about it is after you fire it at night, your blind from the flash, and deaf from the sound. But its gotta sound worse on the business end. I keep and HK USP and a Yugo underfolder AK around too. What can I say, F--- shotguns.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bikes 004.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	187074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bikes 003.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	187075  
Old 01-19-2007, 05:50 PM

TNDragonrnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Home Protection

Originally Posted by deathdodger
I see alot of dumb posts about guns on here
This is one of them.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:17 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

I see alot of dumb posts about guns on here, oh well. Here is what I keep to protect myself. I have others but this is what I keep outta the safe for when somthing goes bump in the night. Springfeild Armory XD 9mm, and Bushmaster C97s. The Springfeild is nice but I hat that it don't have adjustable sights. The Ar-15 is a mean ****. THe only bad thing about it is after you fire it at night, your blind from the flash, and deaf from the sound. But its gotta sound worse on the business end. I keep and HK USP and a Yugo underfolder AK around too. What can I say, F--- shotguns.

move that k grip in son, your gonna get your fingers shot off in a real fire fight
Old 01-24-2007, 09:02 AM

Italian Magic is a decent person

Guess what? i may have found your perfect weapon.
And you've got to follow my point of wiew.

You need an handy gun,
for close quarter combat,
small to hide but non necessarily concealeable:
and you need relatively low power, for fear of over-penetration ( walls, neighbours, etc )

and you want a BADASS gun....

i've got it.

You can pick it up either in
9mm Para, .45 ACP,
or .380 either, if your house walls are made out of cardboard...
And you may think .380 is futile - and a single round of it is, indeed -

But when you think about hosing lead at a no less than 1000 rpm for the M-10 and 1600 rpm for the M-11A1,
you see you'll have power to tack your burglar
down to the wall as an hunting trophy...

"
Because of the low penetration of the .380 ACP round, the M-11A1 has found uses in situations where a more powerful round could pass though a wall and inflict collateral damage. The M-11A1 has found uses with some security forces, and most special task forces around the world have used them during in-vehicle operations such as an airliner because of the low penetration of the .380 round."
it's no accurate weapon of course, but when all you need
is shooting across a room - or either corridor -
it'll be still fairly useful.

And.. Well, as from Wikipedia, "( a suppressed Mac-10 ) was also very quiet, to the point that the bolt could be heard over the report of the weapons discharge."
If you don't plan on having your children waken up by the shooting,
you'll be silent enough to knock the punk down,
dig a hole in your backyard, and forget.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC-10

Last edited by Italian Magic; 01-24-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by GTS Fever
Guess what? i may have found your perfect weapon.
And you've got to follow my point of wiew.

You need an handy gun,
for close quarter combat,
small to hide but non necessarily concealeable:
and you need relatively low power, for fear of over-penetration ( walls, neighbours, etc )

and you want a BADASS gun....

i've got it.

You can pick it up either in
9mm Para, .45 ACP,
or .380 either, if your house walls are made out of cardboard...
And you may think .380 is futile - and a single round of it is, indeed -

But when you think about hosing lead at a no less than 1000 rpm for the M-10 and 1600 rpm for the M-11A1,
you see you'll have power to tack your burglar
down to the wall as an hunting trophy.

it's no accurate weapon of course, but when all you need
is shooting across a room - or either corridor -
it'll be still fairly useful.

And.. Well, as from Wikipedia, "( a suppressed Mac-10 ) was also very quiet, to the point that the bolt could be heard over the report of the weapons discharge."
If you don't plan on having your children waken up by the shooting,
you'll be silent enough to knock the punk down,
dig a hole in your backyard, and forget.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC-10
The tax stamps on an auto and a suppressor is more than most people can afford. Let alone the purchase price. And if you ever actually put a full clip into someone, be ready to go to jail.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:39 AM

Point one, a full clip of ammo would really be
wasted money.. so why? we don't want the punk to die from lead poisoning, do we?

Point two, a suppressor is a nice toy. But it's not needed, and not allowed though, in most States

For what's concerning tax stamps, i can't know how does it really work down there, Niner:
Tell me, that'll make me more in touch with the actual situation.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Point one, a full clip of ammo would really be
wasted money.. so why? we don't want the punk to die from lead poisoning, do we?

Point two, a suppressor is a nice toy. But it's not needed, and not allowed though, in most States

For what's concerning tax stamps, i can't know how does it really work down there, Niner:
Tell me, that'll make me more in touch with the actual situation.
The laws aren't like you think they are. it's a LOT of time and money to get a full auto. I would say maybe 2/3 or 1/2 houses have any guns and most of those are hunting guns. out of those gun owners maybe 1% or 0.5% have an auto. I think (don't really remember) that gun is like $6000-$8,000 to buy. Also a lot of states do not allow automatic weapon ownership at all and the ones that do have a lot of weird complex laws.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:47 AM

so you say it's B/S?
my second choice sticks to a shotgun,then..
Old 01-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Retired

so you say it's B/S?
my second choice sticks to a shotgun,then..
Not that it isn't possible, it's just really unlikely due to cost, licences, and leagal liability. Most people who had an auto would have it locked up and would probably not shoot an intruder with it due to the public image of automatic weapons. The deceased's lawer would have a field day chipping away at your credability saying **** like "what kind of person owns an automatic weapon, and what did he need it for?"
Old 01-28-2007, 01:13 AM

gixxer_mark is an unknown quantity at this point

best thing for home protection is a handgun w/ alarge bore slow & bullet that'll knock anything down or a sawed down pistol gripped shotgun that has about a 4' blast spread at 15 feet...
Old 02-01-2007, 02:48 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Here's what sleeps next to me. A little overkill in .357 Mag but I don't like the idea of having to rely on an automatic that stays loaded all the time.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:31 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Serious overkill bro! Keep your handgun, ditch your other BS guns and learn how to fight. Realistically, who is going to come into your house with an AR15? This isn't Bad Boys II bro... nobody needs a gun like that, not even ex-military civilians. Ridiculous!
Old 02-02-2007, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Zuki750
Here's what sleeps next to me. A little overkill in .357 Mag but I don't like the idea of having to rely on an automatic that stays loaded all the time.

classic look S&W 66 Model with original grips, always nice to look at.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:46 AM

WKDTLR is an unknown quantity at this point

the class 3 process of owning automatic weapons isn't all that hard. Time consuing and alot of paperwork yes. And mac 10/11 are actually around 3k for full auto's. Basically your going to pay for the cost of the weapon, and a $200 tax stamp for full auto weapons or SBR's( short barrelled weapons) and a $5 tax stamp for AOW's (all other weapons) such as the serbu shorty shotgun, streetsweepers etc etc.

and to the guy who said we shouldn't own things like ar-15's and such. Go put a tampon in you Fvckin Pu$$Y! go back to colorado with the other liberal ****!

Last edited by WKDTLR; 02-03-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:23 AM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

I sleep with this. Cheesy gun but it works.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:15 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

thats not cheesy gun, only takes 1 bullet to put somone in a world of hurt don't matter what kind.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:26 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kaotic
thats not cheesy gun, only takes 1 bullet to put somone in a world of hurt don't matter what kind.

Well good, I got 10

No I just meant its not the best. I'd like to have something more reliable. This one jams sometimes at the range but I think its the shitty ammo I use.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Guru

Joe Brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WKDTLR
the class 3 process of owning automatic weapons isn't all that hard. Time consuing and alot of paperwork yes. And mac 10/11 are actually around 3k for full auto's. Basically your going to pay for the cost of the weapon, and a $200 tax stamp for full auto weapons or SBR's( short barrelled weapons) and a $5 tax stamp for AOW's (all other weapons) such as the serbu shorty shotgun, streetsweepers etc etc.

and to the guy who said we shouldn't own things like ar-15's and such. Go put a tampon in you Fvckin Pu$$Y! go back to colorado with the other liberal ****!
all your really paying for is the registerd auto sear.. and its a shame but thats all it is..+ that 200$ tax stamp.. and if you have a legal class3 and you shoot someone with it your fucked.. weather its suppressed or automatic..big no no.. and anyone who legaly owns one will not shoot someone with one.. unless its absolutly life or death..
Old 02-03-2007, 11:33 PM

WKDTLR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joe Brown
all your really paying for is the registerd auto sear.. and its a shame but thats all it is..+ that 200$ tax stamp.. and if you have a legal class3 and you shoot someone with it your fucked.. weather its suppressed or automatic..big no no.. and anyone who legaly owns one will not shoot someone with one.. unless its absolutly life or death..

yup. good post
class 3's are pretty much just for collectors purposes when you really get down to it
Old 02-04-2007, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Brown

Joe, anytime you do shoot someone,
it's obvious that you're under a life threatening situation.
Otherwise you'd take your time to get a baseball bat,
or slap him in the face with your flipflops.
Even in Italy, the law says "you have to react with reasonable force,
proportional to the threat" or something like this..

You'd be fucked up if you spray a knife-armed burglar with a full 9mm clip,
you'd be an hero if you succeed to stop him just cracking his wrist with a bat ( no lethal force used, even if allowed )
but some cops here, just say:
"i'd better like a baad charge than a niiiice funeral"...
So it's up to you, whatever weapon you get.

Quick Reply: Home Protection