MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 04:35 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold
Re: MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up

I found this to be kind of cool to see the difference so far!! But man, powdercoating, right sized wheels and brakes, new exhaust,and a decent rider..LOL... I think this bike may have some potential yet...

Name:  brandspankin.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  140.3 KB
ORIGINAL TRADE CONDITION..

Name:  HPIM1706.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  155.8 KB
CHANGES SO FAR..

Now some more riding pics....

Name:  l_25fabffbc95d63612d480205cb4b5f57.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  31.6 KB
Name:  l_d314870be854694401038a70319bc841.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  34.3 KB
Name:  l_1ec7d9ba7eab51b2e1b67d999391d9cf.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  34.1 KB
Name:  l_7785ef06d290eb2e521569579490b210.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  35.1 KB
Name:  l_4f583ba947dcd1daff87e02628b01956.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  29.0 KB
Name:  l_def6eeb03217b0df5451884dcd8d1bfe.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  38.0 KB

AND MY BOY D BACK AND NAILING NEW TRICKS AFTER A LONG BREAK...

Name:  l_7f9cc6adfc10ea02ed2cd9fae8243237.jpg
Size:  35.9 KB
Name:  l_acb6b81f1c424d0f5d362aba1772f52d.jpg
Size:  27.8 KB
Name:  l_66350cb3d3e8d0f5c3c2fb3dd8eb7207.jpg
Size:  27.6 KB
Name:  l_75e71a9dbdc1ffe78d22ccc4897f3828.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  30.7 KB

Thanks for looking everyone, hopefully some video soon to come....
Old 08-22-2007, 08:49 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

BAck to the drawing board

One good crash drifting last night....... Ya know trying to fly in with a long wild brake slide and make that transition to tire spin.......well made the transition, came around and then lost the front end.

In bending the peg back true, we broke the weld on the bracket. I knew they needed to be brought in a bit!! This time I am going to put a piece of plate on top and bottom to make it more rigid. It should be just breaking bolts next time.:YEAH

pic's later.....I got to go to work.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:13 AM

Reyals Bemus is an unknown quantity at this point

Very nice pics!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:23 PM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by Reyals Bemus
Very nice pics!
Thanks! Hope to get it fixed again real soon...
Old 08-26-2007, 11:57 PM
hunts and stunts

Just an update........

I dropped the subframe off with a friend of mine Andy last night, and he is going to weld it up a lil stronger than it was for me.

I trust him since he rides too, and knows what kind of torture we put our bikes through. He built the cage on his F4i and a friend of ours F4i, as well as built his sub-frame up all beefy on his own bike, and did one of the mid-moto dudes bikes too I think......a 636 crash cage I think it was. All of these have held up under HARD abuse!!

Heck his brother's DVD is called "Beyond Repair" for crying out loud!! I think I oughtta be OK, and hopefully I'll get more than one good wreck out of it before it breaks again! LOL That's the idea anyways....

Thanks Andy......
Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 AM

I bet it'll be fine, especially on a dirtbike... They're designed to be crashed and bashed...
Old 08-31-2007, 07:26 PM
hunts and stunts

OH yea, it's off the chain dude.:YEAH I'll post up pics later.

Andy Clem knows what he's doin when it comes to welding bike related stuff. I would put his stuff up against any but the hardest of crashes and then it's just a roll of the dice with anyones stuff.

Good job and thanks Andy, I shouldv'e gone with you from the start, everything for a reason though.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:28 PM
hunts and stunts

Now that I got my sub-cage all welded up and installed, I guess I had to put it to the test!

Name:  bentshit.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  111.3 KB
Name:  bentshit2.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  113.6 KB

for those of you that have been livin under a rock, I took the hybrid motard on the Ride of the Century in St. Louis over the weekend.:YEAH

IWRECK ..... wrecked his bike during a tank slapper after setting down a staggard and I was avoiding all the carnage when I was struck from behind by some dude on a stuntbike with chrome fairings.... and a power's sub cage.

He had to be flying when he hit me it was such a hard hit. If my ESD peg wouldn't have been there he wouldv'e ripped my leg off or somin. It def. wouldn't have been good. prolly wouldv'e fractured my leg below the knee and left a deep gash for sure.... maybe wouldv'e made me go ahead and wreck all the way also. as it were I just steered into the impact and really didn't wobble too much at all.

I wanted to pull up next to the dude and kick him off his bike to be honest. I dunno what the proper edeqite (sp?) is for breakin someone elses stuff because it your fault, in St Louis, but where I come from if you were a stand up dude, you would offer some coin up..... I talked to him at the after party place and lot, and left it up to him to make it right... he made no effort and barely said he was sorry.... what a buster in my opinion.

I mean I paid like 180 for those pegs or whatever and the cage is bent a lil bit, and you know that ESD isn't going to sell them individually probably...
Ya'll know I am going to end up spending the same money for the same part again. Typical.

Maybe I shoudv'e listened to Dan Jackson when he said "why didn't you run him over your were on your motard?" LOL that made about as much sense as trying to pass me during a crash!!

I dunno, I guess I just eat it and be a nice guy like always...

wheelied the motard like once or twice during the ride. Almost set one down on top of some fat *** bitch on a stock sportbike that cut me off before I really got started,(not even sure what the bike was she was so fat that was all that I saw. I think she had a ride patrol shirt on even??) but that was the final straw. I was like no more after that, too many people not payin attention and riding like squids.

It is prolly going to be a while before I post anymore updates in here. I am going to go back to focusing on my zook for a minute and let this thing marinate... getting tired of only spending my $$ on the subframe and pegs with this bike, now I have to do it all over again? what a waste

*edit* just got a pm from the dude that ran into me with his stuntlife user profile that has a grand total of 0 posts that opened today..9-11 ,saying how it wasn't his fault and he was committed to the same piece of road I was, and **** happens (huh?).... I think he said he hoped that I wasn't talking about him as part of all the inexperienced riders on that run or somin..... LOL I think he dost protest too much!!!

funny how he was the only one that wasn't on their brakes at the time. He actually thought it was smart to pass me in this situation! WOW! I had actually hoped he was setting down a wheelie and couldn't slow down... You can't make this **** up man....stuntlife rocks!!

Last edited by jstuntlocke; 09-11-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:17 PM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
Now that I got my sub-cage all welded up and installed, I guess I had to put it to the test!

Damn... that's a shitty story. Whenever I've wrecked someone's toy, I've always offered to pay for the damages I caused. You say he was on a stuntbike? What was his name? People on here seem to know every stunter in the country these days. Maybe your fellow stuntlife members can help you get some money from the guy.

As for your pegs... Ryan Moore is a stand up guy. He's always willing to listen and return emails/PMs. Maybe he would sell you just the bracket to fix that one side instead of the pair. The peg still looks good... am I right??? It couldn't hurt to ask him.

As for you avoiding the crash and getting clipped yourself while doing so... that's a big reason why I hate riding in large groups. I have a tough time not being a show-off while there's people around to impress. I guess you have to pick and choose your moments. Good luck with the repairs. I'm glad you didn't get seriously hurt!

-Drew
Old 09-11-2007, 07:59 PM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by -Drew-
Damn... that's a shitty story. Whenever I've wrecked someone's toy, I've always offered to pay for the damages I caused. You say he was on a stuntbike? What was his name? People on here seem to know every stunter in the country these days. Maybe your fellow stuntlife members can help you get some money from the guy.

As for your pegs... Ryan Moore is a stand up guy. He's always willing to listen and return emails/PMs. Maybe he would sell you just the bracket to fix that one side instead of the pair. The peg still looks good... am I right??? It couldn't hurt to ask him.

As for you avoiding the crash and getting clipped yourself while doing so... that's a big reason why I hate riding in large groups. I have a tough time not being a show-off while there's people around to impress. I guess you have to pick and choose your moments. Good luck with the repairs. I'm glad you didn't get seriously hurt!

-Drew
Thanks, I'm glad too!!

This ride was the craziest street ride that I have ever been on. Nobody held their lanes at all. People were holding steady speeds in wheelies for miles with only like 3 or 4 bike lengths to spare in front and idiots riding their tail behind them. I watched my friend that I rode out with drop back into a 3rd or 4th gear coaster to scrub off some speed from getting cut off while in a seat stander. I can't wait till next year!!lol

I was not worried about crashing, and I guess not worried enough about getting crashed into though.

I got another PM from the guy who hit me, saying that the he hit his brakes and the wet pavement made him slide now. I don't care really.
He also said that if he had his tools he wouldv'e fixed it right then and there now too. Mmmkay, that's cool... I guess, now that I made you think about it....

More importantly...
Both of us agreed that it was a positive thing that no one was hurt. It could have been much, much worse, so I don't need to try and get any money out of anyone. That is a little too much after the fact, he shouldv'e offered it up then IMO. OH well, I just need to move out and draw fire.

I'll show ya'll the pics tomorrow of the thing all welded up spiffy. It took alot of patience and some gentle heating with a torch to straighten it out .... now to fix the cracks that look more like it was torn instead of cracked by tossing the welder-dude a bone... I will want a new replacement bracket eventually, but this is a quick fix to get me riding again now.

After all ..... it's a stuntbike right?? One that still needs some gearing, brakes, wheels, tires, hand brake, fender, scrape bar, ect,.......
Old 09-13-2007, 09:55 AM
hunts and stunts

Name:  hpim18572.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  173.5 KB
Name:  hpim18582.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  96.3 KB
Name:  hpim18602.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  101.5 KB

Here we go, now we are back in business....

A little luv with some heat to bend it back true, and just droppin it off at a local machine shop during lunch one day cuz it was convenient and this is the result...I knew it would tear or crack, so I had him just weld the one cut out solid. Works great!

My new subcage is stronger than the peg bracket now!!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:05 PM
hunts and stunts

Ok check it out I found a vacant building out and about in Lawrence. Ks that has a decent sized lot, around 700 feet at it's longest straight run and I took my motard out for a lil test with the repaired stunt peg....

Name:  dipinitin2.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  47.3 KB
Name:  dippinitin.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  67.2 KB

I got the dip and about 1/4 or so of a turn in and I'm just not throttleing back into it enough or somin quite yet, the bike is really crazy like wants to die a lot, I do have only 1 down and 2 up for gearing. I'm pretty stoked about it though,:YEAH :YEAH First attempt at circles on the bigger bikes, happend by accident I was slowin that **** down to a crawl ...... New Lot!!!:YEAH :YEAH I was just roamin around with my boy that bought the pit bike from me and blamo it was somin that we drive past all the time and you never even really notice it. We almost fell off our bikes when a dude on a early 90's crotch rocket and a chick in a car drive right by on two occasions while we were riding wheelies virtually next to them, and they never once looked over! It's like we are in a twilight zone and they can't see us and we can see them!!!! I think I'm invisible!! Good find

The coolest part of it all is, that when I was at this point with circling my fiddy, it was only a matter of days and I was turning 1 to 3 circles with no problem.....Hell yea I'm stoked!!
Old 09-16-2007, 09:13 AM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on the lean bro. Hope to see you rockin circles soon! Keep the pics coming and don't be afraid to show us a vid. I'm sure the flamers will be gentle if they know you're still learning the feel for the KTM.

-Drew
Old 09-16-2007, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
Good as new.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:06 PM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by -Drew-
Congrats on the lean bro. Hope to see you rockin circles soon! Keep the pics coming and don't be afraid to show us a vid. I'm sure the flamers will be gentle if they know you're still learning the feel for the KTM.

-Drew

I'll try to get my friend to shoot some vid for me next time I ride. But sometimes it is just me and my 9 yr old daughter, so you'll have to excuse me if I just haven't been happy with the quality of the footage as of late.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:39 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't shoot vid sucka, I got a shirt made, .......so I'm practically a pro now right? hahaha

wish u coulda made it out to the old superlot.....TONS of people out riding today. Guru and Six-Inch Steve were killin some spreader circles...I was envious! Gonna have to work on those myself!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:02 PM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
I don't shoot vid sucka, I got a shirt made, .......so I'm practically a pro now right? hahaha

wish u coulda made it out to the old superlot.....TONS of people out riding today. Guru and Six-Inch Steve were killin some spreader circles...I was envious! Gonna have to work on those myself!

Diff friend, Lawrence lot, but yea I know. And you would if I asked you too beeaitch!! LOL I got some ideas for this black hooded carhart jacket I got...haven't seen your shirt yet.

Yea, trust me. I don't need reminded that I missed one of the most fun weekends in KC all year!!

I had way too much **** to do once I started calling farmers and checking gear... I ended up unloading pumpkins off a truck until the rain came in for my one farmer that owns the x'mas tree farm. (that was too crazy of a story to call you guys back with after waffle house conversation to explain my absence!! LOL)

How can you say no to good hunting ground, nice people, and exclusive rights to hunt?? I have shot so many huge bucks off that ground. not hunting it tomorrow morning, but come November, gonna be hard to pull my *** outta the tree anytime first two weeks for sure. Impossible maybe.

That event this weekend fell too close to archery season opener for this hillbilly. I should say lazy hillbilly, cuz I shoulda been ready along time ago for tomorrow morning I guess.

Besides, I'm not SICK, sick of the motard, but lets get my suzuki ready soon man, I'm dying to tear that bitch up! I want to lock some tricks down before I am too balled up with arthritis to have fun doin them!! LOL

See ya soon buddy... Glad ONE of us had fun this weekend!!! All this work better pay off with a big *** deer!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:36 PM

suzuki7davis is an unknown quantity at this point

are those stock wheels, what kinda tires are those?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:52 PM

suzuki7davis is an unknown quantity at this point

nevermind i learnd to read!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:41 PM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by suzuki7davis
are those stock wheels, what kinda tires are those?
Glad I got two of those rear tires now actually....
You can get the street tires for the 21" frnt rim's too, pretty decent and rounded ones actually. And I thought about doing that, saving my money for now, and spending it on big brake kit and gearing.... maybe I'll get lucky and find the whole shabang on e-bay.... need the money though first...lol

You should see the diagonal wear on my front tire treads from all the stoppies! LOL

God I want the SM wheels though!

Quick Reply: MY new project KTM400 SM stunter build up