What will Rob Durren come up with next.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:43 PM

Starboyz.Marc is a decent person
Re: What will Rob Durren come up with next.

Originally Posted by excessa
they should just make a sickest wreck contest
you are the sickest wreck I know...
Old 07-21-2008, 11:47 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
From someone who has been working on switchback endos, can ride on his fender switchback, and above all, has a firm grasp of bike control.

There is NO way you're doing this rolling by yourself. This is something you posed for a photo. To loop a fender-switchback endo and catch it is something that not only has yet to be done. But poorly attempted at best by the worlds top riders.

That said, I don't care what you do for fun. But don't come on here and lie to us like we're a bunch of idiot squids who don't know anything about physics let alone motorcycles. Is it possible? Yes, by all means, have you done it, no. Not to say your going to get a lot from this community of misfits, but have some respect.

This bullshit is about as thick as some of the leach riders sponsor resumes.
+1
Old 07-21-2008, 11:49 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Originally Posted by Radius
He said rear brake if you're going backwards down a hill on a bicycle. I gather it was supposed to be an example. I got what he meant right away because I used to be heavy into BMX. Often I'd come down the ramp backwards and rear brake it in the middle to bring it up and swing it around the other way. I also used to ride on the front pegs and I could ride it for a distance. When I pinched the front brake the back would come up and I'd grab the seat.
Ok, he was hard to follow since its just a BS explanation anyway.

Like Apex said It could be done somehow, someday, but Durren didnt really do it in that pic.

He has sent me a number of friend requests and I never accepted.
He seems wack
Old 07-22-2008, 12:01 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by mikkee
for infinity.. cuz it's not going to happen
at infinity, my nephew just said that to me the other day.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Starboyz.Marc
you are the sickest wreck I know...
Old 07-22-2008, 12:10 AM

I on this note will never delete the dirty d... he's like a real life version of superbikes hahahaha
Old 07-22-2008, 12:12 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Here is a little food for thought brought to you by Pabst Blue Ribbon. Might I add, that its on super sale at the local Vons and I don't see a monetary reason to be sober for this injured reserve break I'm taking.

So, to the point.
For someone to do this trick they would need to be a host of things.
Proficient at riding switchback on the fender.
Proficient at riding switchback on the fender in an endo.
Proficient at stalling endos switchback.
Proficient at catching an an endo at the stall with only 1 hand.
Lastly proficient enough do it on a ZX10 with stock bars, full fairings, also, catch the passenger rearset. And at the same time, claim the camera mount on the tank as a load baring handle.

For a non stunter to be able to do anything on that list is applaudable. The amount of time it would take a non stunter to learn everything on that list and do it on cue in front of a camera on a ZX10 puts my money on the line.

100 bucks for the video by Wednesday on the ZX10, in full gear, no help, no bullshit. Beer is rad, it just makes me want to give away my money at theoretical bets. Theoretical in the respect that the trick would be semi possible by the riders I'm betting.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:16 AM

mikkee is a decent person

Here is a little food for thought brought to you by Pabst Blue Ribbon. Might I add, that its on super sale at the local Vons
pwahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:21 AM

Here is a little food for thought brought to you by Pabst Blue Ribbon. Might I add, that its on super sale at the local Vons and I don't see a monetary reason to be sober for this injured reserve break I'm taking.

So, to the point.
Lastly proficient enough do it on a ZX10 with stock bars, full fairings, also, catch the passenger rearset. And at the same time, claim the camera mount on the tank as a load baring handle.

For a non stunter to be able to do anything on that list is applaudable. The amount of time it would take a non stunter to learn everything on that list and do it on cue in front of a camera on a ZX10 puts my money on the line.

100 bucks for the video by Wednesday on the ZX10, in full gear, no help, no bullshit. Beer is rad, it just makes me want to give away my money at theoretical bets. Theoretical in the respect that the trick would be semi possible by the riders I'm betting.
just riding switchback is hard as hell rolling a stoppie on a stock tank impossible.... just a thought as well... and as soon as anyone sits on a stock front fender with only 2 10mm hex head bolts holding it in....

Name:  whammyfy2.gif
Views: 102
Size:  200.1 KB
Old 07-22-2008, 12:22 AM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

So, to the point.

....if your injured an not riding... can i ride your bike? cause im die'n not being able to ride... especially for another week an a half atleast!

haha an if not... can i jus have a beer
Old 07-22-2008, 12:26 AM

oh and fyi when staging a stunt dont use a white line as a marker to make sure your font tire on.....

stoppie on painted lines.... not so much.....
Old 07-22-2008, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
....if your injured an not riding... can i ride your bike? cause im die'n not being able to ride... especially for another week an a half atleast!

haha an if not... can i jus have a beer
Drive ****** and free beer for you!! Shin gets in from Japan in 16 hours, then we leave for XDL. I may be a gimp but I'm riding at the contest, the goal, top 10, haha.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:46 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Marcus. if you only knew.

I think Rob Durren should go into advertising.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:50 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

no need for video you idiots. look at the picture, if the bike was coming up at speed his right hand as well as the relation of his feet to his upper body would be completely different...in the pic the bike is clearly being HELD up as evidenced by his pulling relationship to the motorbike via his right hand and his feet...rather than a pushing motion which would be needed to stop the bike from flipping over. of course, you could say that it popped up but not all the way and he is holding it up there, but then the severe angle of the bike would indicate that it indeed, had gone past the balance point.

brought to you by vicodin.

elementary my dear watson
Old 07-22-2008, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
no need for video you idiots. look at the picture, if the bike was coming up at speed his right hand as well as the relation of his feet to his upper body would be completely different...in the pic the bike is clearly being HELD up as evidenced by his pulling relationship to the motorbike via his right hand and his feet...rather than a pushing motion which would be needed to stop the bike from flipping over. of course, you could say that it popped up but not all the way and he is holding it up there, but then the severe angle of the bike would indicate that it indeed, had gone past the balance point.

brought to you by vicodin.

elementary my dear watson
McNeil, whats the word with medicinal enforcements! Lets make it happen!
Old 07-22-2008, 01:06 AM
RJD

RJD is a decent person

I think Rob Durren should go into advertising.
i tried it, i got the boot for too high a frequency of naughty words and political incorrectness in the ad copy
Old 07-22-2008, 01:07 AM
RJD

RJD is a decent person

Originally Posted by stock05
well, we will all be waiting.
fair enough
Old 07-22-2008, 01:12 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I'm not waiting for a damned thing but September.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:17 AM
RJD

RJD is a decent person

I'm not waiting for a damned thing but September.
is that when the doc gives you a clean bill? or just the end of the summer human bbq?
Old 07-22-2008, 01:25 AM

ruthlessriding is a decent person

ive been getting invites from him since ive had a myspace page.

plain and simple, theres something shady. i dont do shady. easy as that

if you could do that trick, and knew you were going to be doing them that day for a photo shoot, you'd have a video camera.

have fun seducing high school girls with your super cool biker super powers. but i dont want to be associated with someone like this

Quick Reply: What will Rob Durren come up with next.