Street fighting a CBR1000F

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 11:44 AM

keilmillerjr is a decent person
Street fighting a CBR1000F

Hello! A quick intro. I'm not new to the bike world. I have a kdx220. Always ridden dirt. Have 4 zx6rs at the same time at one point. Made one a hybrid of two of mine, full suspension wheel brake swingarm swap, koso gauges, custom under tail, etc.

Life happened. Became street-less. Fast forward to now. Came across a 91 cbr1000f that ran well for a few hundred bucks. Good enough to get me riding. Disappointment due to weight for stunting. Obviously it had been wrecked like every bike I've ever owned. Since it's a rare bike and finding parts for it sucks, this one is going street fighter.

Already ordered a full devkevic exhaust to replace the rotted Vance and Hines (garbage), headlight, seat from a 96 (it was missing). Still need to order a few odds and ends.

Fuses and wiring on this bike is under the left cowl, now exposed due to street fighter. What do you guys suggest I do? Make a box to shield it from elements? Rewire it to be moved to the battery tray?

Also, the odometer is mechanical. Any way to remove it safely?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	247060  
Old 05-17-2014, 12:01 AM

Great white is a decent person
Re: Street fighting a CBR1000F

Originally Posted by keilmillerjr
Hello! A quick intro. I'm not new to the bike world. I have a kdx220. Always ridden dirt. Have 4 zx6rs at the same time at one point. Made one a hybrid of two of mine, full suspension wheel brake swingarm swap, koso gauges, custom under tail, etc.

Life happened. Became street-less. Fast forward to now. Came across a 91 cbr1000f that ran well for a few hundred bucks. Good enough to get me riding. Disappointment due to weight for stunting. Obviously it had been wrecked like every bike I've ever owned. Since it's a rare bike and finding parts for it sucks, this one is going street fighter.

Already ordered a full devkevic exhaust to replace the rotted Vance and Hines (garbage), headlight, seat from a 96 (it was missing). Still need to order a few odds and ends.

Fuses and wiring on this bike is under the left cowl, now exposed due to street fighter. What do you guys suggest I do? Make a box to shield it from elements? Rewire it to be moved to the battery tray?

Also, the odometer is mechanical. Any way to remove it safely?
Definelty make a box to cover the wiring. 18gauge sheet metal and a few tack welds should be easy and fast. Or take it to a welder,he shouldn't charge you much at all. 60-70 bucks tops.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:13 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Street fighting a CBR1000F

I like to stash my wiring INSIDE the air box.

Disconnect odometer, throw in garbage can.