Tricks of the Trade??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 06:43 PM

beastymachines is a decent person
Tricks of the Trade??

So I'm fighting out a SV1000, plan on stunting it was wondering if i could get some opinions on how i should go. Original gearing is 17/40 i'm thinking about going 17/60...that too much? Also dry wieght on the bike is about 400lbs...i have all the emissions bullshit stripped so it could be dyno'd. was wondering if anybody knew what tire pressure would be good to run at for good wheelies and endos?
Old 10-31-2012, 03:37 AM

SALTY is a decent person
Re: Tricks of the Trade??

Google. That. ****. man. Wtf there is like one person on the planet who stunts sv1000s. Why? the front cylinder gets starved of oil on long wheelies. Im a dream killer.
Have nice day.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by SALTY
Google. That. ****. man. Wtf there is like one person on the planet who stunts sv1000s. Why? the front cylinder gets starved of oil on long wheelies. Im a dream killer.
Have nice day.
lol dude i was racing dirt bikes before you were born keep your stupid input to yourself kid...when your old enough i'll buy you a beer and tell you about motorcycles. i didn't sign up for this to talk **** i'm a gold level certified suzuki technician and i have an oil line tapped in to the front lower case to combat the front cylinder starving(already knew about this try to be a bit more knowledgable when you reply to my threads)...
Old 10-31-2012, 03:39 PM

Suzukilover87 is a decent person

Well I run a 60 tooth rear and about 6-8 psi in rear tire, but that's for a parking lot.....on the street I run stock gearing on my 1000 and about 15-20 psi
Old 10-31-2012, 06:08 PM

and there is no rim to pavement contact with such a low tire pressure?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:33 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by beastymachines
lol dude i was racing dirt bikes before you were born keep your stupid input to yourself kid...when your old enough i'll buy you a beer and tell you about motorcycles. i didn't sign up for this to talk **** i'm a gold level certified suzuki technician and i have an oil line tapped in to the front lower case to combat the front cylinder starving(already knew about this try to be a bit more knowledgable when you reply to my threads)...
Wow! You ask for advice and then hammer the first guy to reply. P.S it's knowledgeable

V twins have a huge amount of low end torque so you probably wont need a whole ton of gear, learn basic idle wheelies with the stock gear and by then you should have a good idea if you want a little more gear or alot more gear.

As far as the oiling issue goes, I have seen a ton of mods but none seem to work, most sv's end up with a rod knock. Yes there are a few people that have had good luck with them but most end up getting a fuel injected inline 4 cylinder after the twin blows up.

I don't know if your local race track has a class for sv 650's but there are a boat load of people racing them down here, maybe you could sell your sv at the track and get a 636 or something.

For tire pressure I run 42 psi in the rear and 32 in the front but going lower will help you go straight while you are learning slow wheelies, stay above 25 once you start learning to do circles.

Last edited by old man roger; 10-31-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:32 AM

SALTY is a decent person

My bad, sir, Suzuki gold Tech! LOL. Only reason I said anything is because you posted the weight of the bike and expected people to give you a tire pressure based off bike weight? seemed ridic..... MY BAD.

OMR is knowledgeable and his statements I'm sure are true because Im sure he's seen way more Sv's than I have.
My friend and his v twin stunter had a similar fate as predicted. fatass rod knock.
Just offering experience man.