NEED Help with how to set up my 636 for stunt

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 02:43 PM

C-Dub is an unknown quantity at this point
NEED Help with how to set up my 636 for stunt

i have a 12 bar 55 rear sprocket 530 chain strong brakes. handle bars are still stock, but i have seen em flipped b4 it that a kit u buy or just unbolt and filp and bolt back on? and handbrake set up? whats the best? I plan on doin circle wheelies so what set up do i need? and oil pick up?? help me out fellow stunna. thanks bros and ladies.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:18 PM

kapzanass1 is a decent person
Re: NEED Help with how to set up my 636 for stunt

Dang a 530 chain thats pretty thick for a six !!!
Old 08-20-2012, 07:29 PM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

Originally Posted by C-Dub
i have a 12 bar 55 rear sprocket 530 chain strong brakes. handle bars are still stock, but i have seen em flipped b4 it that a kit u buy or just unbolt and filp and bolt back on? and handbrake set up? whats the best? I plan on doin circle wheelies so what set up do i need? and oil pick up?? help me out fellow stunna. thanks bros and ladies.
clip ons you just unbolt and flip them...hand brake theres tons of ways to go but if your have the cash get a big rotor kit...no theres no need to do anything with the oil pick up with the 636's but you will need to do the kleen air mod or you gonna mess up the motor use the search feature on here it will pop up...but for the most part its gonna take a bit of research and swapping out stuff till you find what you like...ive changed out the set up on my bike a number of times till i got it the way i like it..
Old 08-21-2012, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by kapzanass1
Dang a 530 chain thats pretty thick for a six !!!

do i needa go down to a 520? or 525?
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by swampy
clip ons you just unbolt and flip them...hand brake theres tons of ways to go but if your have the cash get a big rotor kit...no theres no need to do anything with the oil pick up with the 636's but you will need to do the kleen air mod or you gonna mess up the motor use the search feature on here it will pop up...but for the most part its gonna take a bit of research and swapping out stuff till you find what you like...ive changed out the set up on my bike a number of times till i got it the way i like it..

thanks bro. ill do the air mod first, i would hate to f up this motor. how much are handbrakes runnin now 250?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:09 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

do i needa go down to a 520? or 525?
No, a big chain will last longer and stretch slower.

Besides the clean air mod you want to secure your radiator the best you can, they are getting hard to find and it will rip itself apart if left as stock.

If you decide to flip your clipons left to right you will have to drill a little hole to hold your throttle tube in place.

Last edited by old man roger; 08-21-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
No, a big chain will last longer and stretch slower.

Besides the clean air mod you want to secure your radiator the best you can, they are getting hard to find and it will rip itself apart if left as stock.

If you decide to flip your clipons left to right you will have to drill a little hole to hold your throttle tube in place.
so if i filp the clip ons, does that mean the throttle will be on the left now? or do i just change everything to the oposite bars? and everything be in is original place except the bars?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:05 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

so if i filp the clip ons, does that mean the throttle will be on the left now? or do i just change everything to the oposite bars? and everything be in is original place except the bars?
Yes you need to take everything off the bars, then you put the left bar on the right upside down and the right bar on the left upside down.

When you take the throttle tube off you will see there is a little pin that holds the throttle tube onto the bar, you will need to drill a hole on the bar so that pin can now hold the throttle tube on.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:06 PM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

^^^that guy know his stuff...and i forgot about the radiator but yes brace that thing up i just destroyed another one cuz i didnt do it right
Old 08-23-2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by swampy
^^^that guy know his stuff...and i forgot about the radiator but yes brace that thing up i just destroyed another one cuz i didnt do it right
that he does that he does lol. i try and get all info from him if i can