Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   NEED Help with how to set up my 636 for stunt (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/293117-need-help-how-set.html)

C-Dub 08-20-2012 02:43 PM

NEED Help with how to set up my 636 for stunt

i have a 12 bar 55 rear sprocket 530 chain strong brakes. handle bars are still stock, but i have seen em flipped b4 it that a kit u buy or just unbolt and filp and bolt back on? and handbrake set up? whats the best? I plan on doin circle wheelies so what set up do i need? and oil pick up?? help me out fellow stunna. thanks bros and ladies.:yeah :cheers

kapzanass1 08-20-2012 03:18 PM

Re: NEED Help with how to set up my 636 for stunt

Dang a 530 chain thats pretty thick for a six !!!

swampy 08-20-2012 07:29 PM

[quote=C-Dub;4430107]i have a 12 bar 55 rear sprocket 530 chain strong brakes. handle bars are still stock, but i have seen em flipped b4 it that a kit u buy or just unbolt and filp and bolt back on? and handbrake set up? whats the best? I plan on doin circle wheelies so what set up do i need? and oil pick up?? help me out fellow stunna. thanks bros and ladies.:yeah :cheers[/quote]

clip ons you just unbolt and flip them...hand brake theres tons of ways to go but if your have the cash get a big rotor kit...no theres no need to do anything with the oil pick up with the 636's but you will need to do the kleen air mod or you gonna mess up the motor use the search feature on here it will pop up...but for the most part its gonna take a bit of research and swapping out stuff till you find what you like...ive changed out the set up on my bike a number of times till i got it the way i like it..

C-Dub 08-21-2012 09:30 AM

[quote=kapzanass1;4430108]Dang a 530 chain thats pretty thick for a six !!![/quote]

do i needa go down to a 520? or 525?

C-Dub 08-21-2012 09:32 AM

[quote=swampy;4430111]clip ons you just unbolt and flip them...hand brake theres tons of ways to go but if your have the cash get a big rotor kit...no theres no need to do anything with the oil pick up with the 636's but you will need to do the kleen air mod or you gonna mess up the motor use the search feature on here it will pop up...but for the most part its gonna take a bit of research and swapping out stuff till you find what you like...ive changed out the set up on my bike a number of times till i got it the way i like it..[/quote]

thanks bro. ill do the air mod first, i would hate to f up this motor. how much are handbrakes runnin now 250?

old man roger 08-21-2012 01:09 PM

[quote=C-Dub;4430145]do i needa go down to a 520? or 525?[/quote]No, a big chain will last longer and stretch slower.

Besides the clean air mod you want to secure your radiator the best you can, they are getting hard to find and it will rip itself apart if left as stock.

If you decide to flip your clipons left to right you will have to drill a little hole to hold your throttle tube in place.

C-Dub 08-21-2012 01:42 PM

[quote=old man roger;4430154]No, a big chain will last longer and stretch slower.

Besides the clean air mod you want to secure your radiator the best you can, they are getting hard to find and it will rip itself apart if left as stock.

If you decide to flip your clipons left to right you will have to drill a little hole to hold your throttle tube in place.[/quote]

so if i filp the clip ons, does that mean the throttle will be on the left now? or do i just change everything to the oposite bars? and everything be in is original place except the bars?

old man roger 08-21-2012 07:05 PM

[quote=C-Dub;4430156]so if i filp the clip ons, does that mean the throttle will be on the left now? or do i just change everything to the oposite bars? and everything be in is original place except the bars?[/quote]:LOLYes you need to take everything off the bars, then you put the left bar on the right upside down and the right bar on the left upside down.

When you take the throttle tube off you will see there is a little pin that holds the throttle tube onto the bar, you will need to drill a hole on the bar so that pin can now hold the throttle tube on.

swampy 08-21-2012 11:06 PM

^^^that guy know his stuff...and i forgot about the radiator but yes brace that thing up i just destroyed another one cuz i didnt do it right :LOL

C-Dub 08-23-2012 02:40 PM

[quote=swampy;4430192]^^^that guy know his stuff...and i forgot about the radiator but yes brace that thing up i just destroyed another one cuz i didnt do it right :LOL[/quote]
that he does that he does lol. i try and get all info from him if i can:hello:LOL