wheelie help

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 06:13 PM

bsvitak is a decent person
Re: wheelie help

Its not that the rpms have to be high in first gear to get it up theyre saying to put it into second so you dont kill yourself that bike should have no problems coming up in first. If your gonna do it in first try in a parking lot with other people there do it at a lower rpm and use only your pointer finger on the clutch. Using more than one finger wont let you slip the clutch fast enought. dont worry about the rpms take it little by little and feel the bike out if your looking for rpms your gonna be tryin too many different things at once just start at a lower rpm from feeling it and try and step it up little by little till u get it down. If your gonna do it in the street do it in second and same thing try it at a lower rpm and step it up until you got it down. It will work it takes practice. important thing is the one finger on the clutch and cover your rear brake so you dont flip. My boy had an 07 gixxer 600 brought it up in second no problem a 1000 shouldnt have problems just be carefull
Old 06-17-2010, 06:17 PM

bsvitak is a decent person

ther other thing is sitting is usually easier because you dont have to worry about bouncing or anything you can sit back and take the time to fell the bike out, but it might feel like your going too high when coming up to the balance point. try standing after you get the sitting part down somewhat than you can choose what is more comfortable for you.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered Clusterf*ck

L3FTY is a decent person

Originally Posted by solo519
what would be easier standing or sitting ??

any...its a 1000.

seriously bro, you got alot of power under you with that 1k. ANYTHING first gear is flirting with disaster.

OPTION 1-try clutching in 2nd or 3rd, the bike will be slightly more forgiving should you make an error.

OPTION 2- Find a friend with a dirtbike and try clutching with that. see what works and how your clutch/throttle timing needs to be, then apply what you learned to option 1.

OPTION 3- Buy an F4I and repeat this thread.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:56 PM

roadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by L3FTY
any...its a 1000.

seriously bro, you got alot of power under you with that 1k. ANYTHING first gear is flirting with disaster.

OPTION 1-try clutching in 2nd or 3rd, the bike will be slightly more forgiving should you make an error.

OPTION 2- Find a friend with a dirtbike and try clutching with that. see what works and how your clutch/throttle timing needs to be, then apply what you learned to option 1.

OPTION 3- Buy an F4I and repeat this thread.

you mean sis?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:00 PM

roadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by solo519
yes im still workin on sitin down .. yet so far you advise have been helpfull i never relized how high rpms have to be in 1st to get it off the ground so i think ill work on second gear...
clutching first on a 1000 can be dangerous for the most expeirenced of riders, the power is so strong that it doesnt take much to make the bike come out from under you before you realize what happened. I have found the best method for clutching first is a gentle slip of the clutch at low rpm's. no joke, 4000K and the slightest slip of the clutch will bring the tire up. 2nd gear is a little more mild and corrections in throttle are not so drastic so its easier to control the wheelie. Again, proceed with extreme caution, be gentle with it.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Registered Clusterf*ck

L3FTY is a decent person

Originally Posted by roadsurfr7
you mean sis?
wow yeah didnt even catch that bit. terribly sorry, madam.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:04 PM
it is what it is

serious is an unknown quantity at this point

2nd gear sitdown. Try clutching up at different RPMS until the front end comes up smoothly. Stay on the throttle and roll off of it slightly. Don't shut off throttle be smooth and cover the rear break. Throttle control is important and so is working the back brake. Seat time is key to learning.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:18 PM

goldenchild is a decent person

read the sticky "complete guide to learning wheelies the right way" lol. best thread for anyone who is learning wheelies. https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...-basic-33.html be careful on that 1k. your wheelie launch will be a lot smoother in time, and after awhile it'll become second nature- you wouldnt even be able to do that jerky **** on purpose. so many ppl have problems "getting it up" at first, but after a few months of practicing everyday it'll get easier. know your bike and stay comfortable on it. gun that ************, dump the clutch, and try to stay in the moment.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:27 PM

goldenchild is a decent person

Originally Posted by serious
2nd gear sitdown. Try clutching up at different RPMS until the front end comes up smoothly. Stay on the throttle and roll off of it slightly. Don't shut off throttle be smooth and cover the rear break. Throttle control is important and so is working the back brake. Seat time is key to learning.
Seat time is key to learning <-------BEST ADVICE
Old 06-23-2010, 01:53 PM

Pc-stunter is a decent person

it varies per person. i have a 02 r1 and i clutch mine in 3rd standing up. it feels more comfortable that way.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:01 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

If you start in 1st gear you don't have to back step as you learn... Starting in 3rd is a horrible idea..

Think of it like this by learning BP in first gear the first time... after you have that on lock 2nd 3rd ect will be super easy to do...

By starting in 3rd gear learning BP... Then you have to learn 2nd gear... and then move to 1st gear... Its going to be a bitch each time over and over again...

But if you enjoy making your learning curve 10x longer do it how ever you want..

After going back and reading ... This thread is sad... Go buy the wheelie teach and everyone in here would be happy

And dont forget your stunt aid cage... And remember Gloves make it harder to control your wheelie

Last edited by T/C; 06-23-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:11 PM
SKULL ****IN SINCE '89

Damoan13 is a decent person

go on youtube and type in "YUT UGH" it'll teach you everything u need to know about how to wheelie, this guy really knows his stuff yughhhhhhh!!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:11 PM
T/C
Squid...

says the guy doing a pow pow stand up on the highway
Old 06-23-2010, 02:16 PM
SKULL ****IN SINCE '89

hahahaha just foolin, im squiddin it up till i hook up a rear hand brake and get a roundbar, this is my first year on streetbikes so basically the only advice i can give is "seat time" and have an experienced stunter there to help or call 911 god forbid
Old 06-23-2010, 02:20 PM
T/C
Squid...

You can do a wheelie with out a hand brake or round bar. (A real wheelie)
Old 06-23-2010, 02:24 PM
SKULL ****IN SINCE '89

mine are clutched up, and 9 out of 10 i get balance point, it dont look like it in the pic, but i want a rhb and bar for hittin the lot, i dont feel like replacin a tail cus if im gonna be practicin im goin all out, so there will be some crashin goin on
Old 06-23-2010, 02:37 PM

tom6685tm is a decent person

some advice for a beginner is to start by just powering on in 1st and learn to control the height with the throttle and focus on throttle control. its the most important part of a wheelie. as far as coving the back brake, yes always, but practice on a quad to get a feel for how much pressure to use.
after you have a good feel for the throttle try clutching in second gear by pulling the clutch and release. and as you pull in give it more throttle and get a feel for how much gas it needs to pull it up. once its up its all in your wrist (and ***** for that matter).
get second down then play with first. first is real fast and you need good throttle control.
feeling the throttle is the most important part.
and why are you starting on a 1000?
a 600 is all you need for anything.
most people with 1000's only have them to show off and cant really ride.
hence your question.........