Long time rider...newbie stunter

Old 02-17-2013, 01:07 PM

cycle.tim is a decent person
Long time rider...newbie stunter

I had a 98 900RR back in the day when Star Boyz and Las Vegas Extremes put out their very first videos. I thought what they were doing was the coolest thing ever. So I started doing wheelies and stoppies every chance I could. I thought I was the **** until I made my first video. Then I realized my buddy and I sucked. Those wheelies we were doing where we felt like our bikes were straight up in the air... were barely off the ground. It was a huge reality check but we kept goofing around and got a bit better. However, after having my motorcycle stolen and having a child I have been without a ride for about 8 years. I recently purchased a 2003 954RR and it is minty clean. I love riding it and taking curves but my desire to wheelie and do stoppies is still there. The stunt scene has changed a lot though and now it's not about being able to wheelie 5 miles down the highway at 90MPH but being able to do circle wheelies in a parking lot and I like that. Currently I'm torn between keeping my ride clean and taking corners or trying to go full stunt. Is it possible to live in both worlds? I'm thinking a cage would help, maybe get the additional rear brake. Anyways, I will be checking out posts and doing my best to learn what I can from everyone's expertise. I look forward to getting to know the people on here. Here is a picture of my beast...since the picture was taken I have gone down 1 tooth up front and up 2 in the rear.

Name:  5cc6c768.jpg
Views: 4479
Size:  227.1 KB
Old 02-19-2013, 01:07 AM

norulesboyz is a decent person
Re: Long time rider...newbie stunter

damm! thats a clean bike!! i have friends that have the same bike..and the wheelie them with stock sprocket on the freway on 3rd gear and slow wheelies on the streets on 1st gear...ill say just get full cage and stunt peggs...but with the cage you wont be able to lean on the canyons... the best way to go is having 2 bikes...
Old 02-19-2013, 09:09 AM
PowerhousePerformanceCycl

zeus_r6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Love the 954's...with HID's in them they are crazy bright lol

I wouldn't tear that bike apart for the lot, it's better as a street killer. Find a clapped out 636 or f4i for the lot
Old 02-24-2013, 12:16 PM

cycle.tim is a decent person

I really appreciate the replies. Great minds think alike because I spoke with another stunter by the name of T-Neck that is local to my area and he advised the same thing...keep the bike clean.

Wheelies in 2nd or 3rd gear are no problem...especially with the down 1 up 2 sprockets.

Wheelies in 1st are just so difficult for me because the bike is SO sensitive in 1st gear. One false flick of the wrist and the bike is looping over...I almost did it the other day.

The guys stunting the 954 with huge rear sprockets, are they doing all their slow stuff from 2nd gear then? I can't imagine being able to do anything in 1st gear with a 50 tooth rear sprocket (or bigger).
Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 PM

Jbussa5050 is a decent person

We're can I stunt in queens or Brooklyn I'm new to stunt world but rather stunt in a . Lot if any one knows hmu thanks