bypassing fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 04:15 PM
lets ****in ride!!!

clutchitup21 is a decent person
Re: bypassing fuel pump

it was already off..lol....

my last post i described a sound.. well i traced it to the air vent valve and relay...so i took the plunger out of the valve so air will flow freely and disconnected the the relay... it was making a noise too... now the sound is gone... i read someone had the same problem and the air vent relay was bad and wouldnt allow it to open for high speed air flow....so i hope this works...im out to test it
Old 03-06-2010, 06:13 PM
lets ****in ride!!!

so i just tested it and it went through all the gears..... i was able to a few times but then it happened again just not near as bad... i could give it a small amount of throttle, and power through it.... but i think its cuz i need to adjust the mixture screw... the old plugs seemed like it was running lean....... at least i'm almost there!
Old 03-06-2010, 07:21 PM
big fonky rubber chicken

chevelle2030 is a decent person

Originally Posted by clutchitup21
ok so i just tried to cover the ram air... i left some space so it could get some air... well soon as i took off, got the rpms up a little and it died.....started back up and did the same thing..........so i uncovered the ram air.......WELL... when i had the bike off with the key on, in first gear, clutch pulled in, i noticed if i roll the bike it will make a hollow plunk sound over and over....if i turn the key off it will stop...it makes the sound about every 1/4 inch the bike is moved.... if the bike moves quicker the sound speeds up....at first i thought it was valves but i know its not that...sounds like its coming from the carbs..... i also thought it sounded like the fuel pump pumping....but the niose is not coming from anywhere near the pump......
oh... after i took the cover off the ram air i took it down the road and it almost topped out 3rd....but it only did it once.... so there is some hope

i dont care what anyone says sea foam is that dog digidy ****, rock 1/4 bottle in tank then another 1/5 of bottle threw engine vacum.....and answer old man roger he is one the most seasoned in the game hes on you wana listen to
Old 03-06-2010, 08:45 PM
lets ****in ride!!!

Originally Posted by chevelle2030
i dont care what anyone says sea foam is that dog digidy ****, rock 1/4 bottle in tank then another 1/5 of bottle threw engine vacum.....and answer old man roger he is one the most seasoned in the game hes on you wana listen to
Originally Posted by clutchitup21
it was already off..lol
Originally Posted by old man roger
third time i asked this question
i answered him

yea tomorrow im gonna run some more sea foam through it then take the plugs out and see if it still running lean......
i kinda fixed the problem but i think its the pilot screws and it takes a special tool to turn it...the honda shop dont open again till teusday
Old 03-07-2010, 01:28 PM
big fonky rubber chicken

chevelle2030 is a decent person

c man praise be to sea foam that **** is awesome
Old 03-07-2010, 02:19 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chevelle2030
seam foam is nice if you are extremely lazy

sea foam does nothing to the fuel system a proper tank cleaning and carb cleaning wouldn't, infact, sea foam doesn't do as good of a job as a proper carb cleaning..

seafoam works great for cleaning vacume systems, or helping to clean some dirty injectors, or help a car where you can't just remove and clean the fuel tank easily..
But it's just a band aid. Not only that, but after sea foaming, you SHOULD replace the spark plugs, sea foam is known for eating plugs, even did it in my car

If your bike is running better the more sea foam you run, then OBVIOUSLY you failed at cleaning your carbs properly.

Last edited by Towlieee; 03-07-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:21 PM
lets ****in ride!!!

Originally Posted by Towlieee
seam foam is nice if you are extremely lazy

sea foam does nothing to the fuel system a proper tank cleaning and carb cleaning wouldn't, infact, sea foam doesn't do as good of a job as a proper carb cleaning..

seafoam works great for cleaning vacume systems, or helping to clean some dirty injectors, or help a car where you can't just remove and clean the fuel tank easily..
But it's just a band aid. Not only that, but after sea foaming, you SHOULD replace the spark plugs, sea foam is known for eating plugs, even did it in my car

If your bike is running better the more sea foam you run, then OBVIOUSLY you failed at cleaning your carbs properly.

its not running better cuz of the sea foam... iv not added anymore to it..... it was the air vent rely.... i took out the relay and the plunger thing in the valve and that seemed to do the trick.... relay would not open the valve when the bike went passed 30mph.....
i do still have a flat spot at 1/6 throttle area.... thats the fuel level right?.... i can get on it and it goes right through the gears but when i slow down a bit and cruise at a low/mid rpm (like cruisin the highway) with giving just a little throttle it sputters....then if i twist it back it will sputter a bit and come out of it... i think i need to adjust the pilot screw but i need the damn d shape tool
Old 03-08-2010, 07:14 PM
lets ****in ride!!!

ive got an update...
i had to take out the air vent assy. so when i did that i had to reroute the air hoses.... the tubes come out of the ram air, straight to a filter to the carbs.... no curves and unneeded tubing... well it works very well.... pushes alot of air through the system... so much that i think its running very lean now.....
it will start fine(no choke) sit and idle fine.... i can take it down the road, rip it for a mile or two then it just acts like its out of gas and dies.... before it dies if i pull in the clutch and rev it to keep it from dieing (still coasting down the road) it revs very slowly and the exhaust isnt as loud, like its not firing then it dies..... i have to let it set for a few minutes and it will finally start only if i pull in the choke.....
is this symptoms of running lean or not... i think i need to richin it to overcome all the air forces in now..... or should i restrict some of the airflow so its not too much air.....
thanks