09/10 winter project..... 2005 R6 stunt build

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 05:30 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough
Re: 09/10 winter project..... 2005 R6 stunt build

you need to get rid of those caps and put the stock hoses back in for a t to run to the back breather hose! lol just tryin to save ya heart ache later buddy
Old 03-04-2010, 06:01 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

Thanks for all the inpt
Not to kick a dead horse, but One question......... I never capped off the crank case breather...... Do you think the oil would still not be able to breath if I left the crankcase breather hose vented? That's hose #4 in the picks. I was thoinkink if that's still vented and as an area to drain it won't build up pressue or not allow the oil to breath. Just wondering.
If not, do you think it wouild be ok for 1 couple hour lot session ? Then take care of it later this weekend?
Thanks again
Old 03-04-2010, 07:36 PM

~03~raven is a decent person

Yo A2K came over here looking for the stuff you were talking about. So what was it you were saying about gutting the screws and plates? All I did was remove the AIS and T-ed tube #1 and #2 to #4 crankcase vent and block off the holes on the airbox. So what is it I didn't do that I need to?

Last edited by ~03~raven; 03-04-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

give me a few mintues ill post up pics of my spare motor.....and show you what im talking about
Old 03-04-2010, 09:52 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

thanks again for the help!!!!! i think i wrote that a little confusing....lol. let me rephrase some things.
Originally Posted by INSANECRAZZY
Thanks for all the inpt
Not to kick a dead horse, but One question......... I never capped off the crank case breather...... Do you think the oil would still not be able to breath if I left the crankcase breather hose vented? That's hose #4 in the picks. I was thoinkink if that's still vented and as an area to drain it won't build up pressue or not allow the oil to breath. Just wondering.
If not, do you think it wouild be ok for 1 couple hour lot session ? Then take care of it later this weekend?
Thanks again
i know that if there's no breather it would be really bad. i know that the oil needs to breath. i blocked and capped off the 2 rear smog ports, but i did not block or cap off the crankcase breather tube that goes into the air box. so all i did was install smog block offs. but still left the breather line in the air box (just like it is stock). as far as venting that should be fine right? other than the fact that oil could still get in my air box. but it should still be able to "breath"

so what i was originally thinking was..... take the breather tube out of the air box (not cap it off), run it some where else and install a breathable catch can (cup) in place of it. so there shouldnt be any way pressue could build up or stop the crank case from letting the "oil breath". and it would keep oil from getting into the air box. "in theory" that is correct right? even though its not the conventional way to do it?

it sounds like im gonna have to do it your way soon, but i was just hoping to get a day or 2 of riding in, unless it will be real bad for it.
let me know what you think
Old 03-04-2010, 09:53 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

this is right ^^^

this is under the breather hose plates
Name:  1267757290.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  51.8 KB

pull it off and on there will be two screws and 2 plates take the 2 screws and four plates OUT

Name:  1267757276.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  69.4 KB

these are the 4 plates and screws
Name:  1267757249.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  45.7 KB
put the metal housing back on the EXACT WAY it came off

then put the breather plate back on and your golden
Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

thanks again for the help!!!!! i think i wrote that a little confusing....lol. let me rephrase some things.

i know that if there's no breather it would be really bad. i know that the oil needs to breath. i blocked and capped off the 2 rear smog ports, but i did not block or cap off the crankcase breather tube that goes into the air box. so all i did was install smog block offs. but still left the breather line in the air box (just like it is stock). as far as venting that should be fine right? other than the fact that oil could still get in my air box. but it should still be able to "breath"

so what i was originally thinking was..... take the breather tube out of the air box (not cap it off), run it some where else and install a breathable catch can (cup) in place of it. so there shouldnt be any way pressue could build up or stop the crank case from letting the "oil breath". and it would keep oil from getting into the air box. "in theory" that is correct right? even though its not the conventional way to do it?

it sounds like im gonna have to do it your way soon, but i was just hoping to get a day or 2 of riding in, unless it will be real bad for it.
let me know what you think
at first i did the normal air mod like the pic that i just said was the right way.....but I stalled my bike and checked my phone and before I jumped back on there was smoke rolling out my exhaust....when your take the plate and screws out im guessing it helps the oil breathe ALOT! I called cutler and asked what the hell? hahaha but he told me to do it this way and I have no more smoking problems at all....hope this helps ya guys
Old 03-04-2010, 10:10 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

^^^^ i know what your talking about, thanks for all the info and the how to
we should call this the "R6 kleen air mod thread" now.....lol. i guess theres a few ways to get the job done, but theres always a best way. thanks for pointing out the finer details.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:11 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

^^^^ i know what your talking about, thanks for all the info and the how to
we should call this the "R6 kleen air mod thread" now.....lol. i guess theres a few ways to get the job done, but theres always a best way. thanks for pointing out the finer details.
no problem....
Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

except for the pic I said was right....keep the stock hose on number 3.....dont run those to each other. run them into the air box. but other than that it is all hooked up right
Old 03-04-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
except for the pic I said was right....keep the stock hose on number 3.....dont run those to each other. run them into the air box. but other than that it is all hooked up right
Cool cool. I had never seen that done to the plates. I'll have to do that this weekend. You had me scared thinking I somehow did something that could **** something up. Everything else is done correct except the plates. Thanks a million though man! You've been a great help.

Insane, isn't it Insane how much we have discussed this on here and R6-forum?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:21 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

Originally Posted by ~03~raven
Cool cool. I had never seen that done to the plates. I'll have to do that this weekend. You had me scared thinking I somehow did something that could **** something up. Everything else is done correct except the plates. Thanks a million though man! You've been a great help.

hahahaha anytime man....dont wanna see your guys' motor hydro locked
Old 03-04-2010, 10:32 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

Originally Posted by ~03~raven

me too...., and insane is right!!!

we were talking about it on here....... all day......lol
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108561

and on stuntride it had a lot of questions and 2nd guesses. we'll have to quote !!A2K!! and get up on there.
http://stuntride.com/vbstunt/showthread.php?t=12103

good lookin out
Old 03-04-2010, 10:51 PM

Ahhh man mines money. Just might not breathe as well as it could. I'll fix that though. Yea I was concerned with Insanes over on R6 when I saw there was nothing connected to the crankcase vent. For a minute there I thought he was saying he just blocked it off too!

Now if my A-town subbie will show up tomorrow that would be gravy! Get that put on, because right now it feels like I could possibly rip the tank off trying to roll stoppies because I cracked that stock POS right on the tank mount. I've been excited about that thing ever.

me too...., and insane is right!!!

we were talking about it on here....... all day......lol
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108561

and on stuntride it had a lot of questions and 2nd guesses. we'll have to quote !!A2K!! and get up on there.
http://stuntride.com/vbstunt/showthread.php?t=12103

good lookin out
Hey man at least it's all sorted out now and we both learned something. No more worries of hydro locking like we had been discussing all damn day. Now time to get some seat time and do work!
Old 03-05-2010, 08:40 AM
I ♥ uR mOm

thanks the compliments guys
and to the peopel that said to put the upper back on, i might..... if i do its getting chopped down. but the SF is starting to grow on me.

Originally Posted by ghost*
is this a neil morgan calabo those plastics look familiar..maybe the pipe too?

deff go full fairing looks waaaay better
i got the plastics and pipe from neal........... i think he's going with black palstics now.

Originally Posted by slidewayz89
because of yours and neils r6 i am now looking for a r6 lol for sure im gonna trade one of the 06 636s for it....some one has one i know it.
there sweet, ive always loved the R6. im really happy with it so far. im hoping to get some seat time in the lot this week end. my old stunter was a 05 636, so i'll let you know what i like better. its gonna take a bit to get used to though, i havent been stunting that long, and its been 7 months since i stunted a big bike so it might take me a few weeks of squiding it up to get used to it and get an acurate opinion. i just hope i didnt lose the little bit that had had last season....... lol
Old 03-30-2010, 10:12 PM

haynmogli is a decent person

how are those spray painted pegs holding up?

did you bake them after spraying them?

trying to decide whether to send them to get PCed or just spray paint them with ceramic paint and bake them.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:44 PM

DC-stunts is a decent person

hey guys sorry to not get back to you about the air mod. A2K called me and I told him how to do it and it looks like he told all you. And ya do not do the Hose #3 thing at all you need that air going into your slid valve things. You now the black things that slide back to see the butterfly valves. These are for the lower end power that you need for stunting. That hose #3 thing looks like a racing mod to make the bike have more top end power. So you guys can always PM me with questions I know Yamaha R6 bikes so feel free to ask.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:29 AM
I ♥ uR mOm

Originally Posted by haynmogli
how are those spray painted pegs holding up?

did you bake them after spraying them?

trying to decide whether to send them to get PCed or just spray paint them with ceramic paint and bake them.
so far so good. i had a few set up issues and have only had it out for one full lot session. powder is always better, i am getting wear threw on the spikes along the peg already. keep in mind i wasnt great rider and have been off a big bike for almost a year. its a slow and painful start..... feel like im starting over again....lol so i havent fully tested out everything yet or crash tested. but once im confortable on it i plan a seeing what its got!!!!

Originally Posted by DC-stunts
hey guys sorry to not get back to you about the air mod. A2K called me and I told him how to do it and it looks like he told all you. And ya do not do the Hose #3 thing at all you need that air going into your slid valve things. You now the black things that slide back to see the butterfly valves. These are for the lower end power that you need for stunting. That hose #3 thing looks like a racing mod to make the bike have more top end power. So you guys can always PM me with questions I know Yamaha R6 bikes so feel free to ask.
no prob and thanks bro!!!