09/10 winter project..... 2005 R6 stunt build

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:42 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future
09/10 winter project..... 2005 R6 stunt build

im finally finished up 09/10 winter build....... (still need a little more test & tweek)

started out with a stock MINTY!!!! 05 R6 with 5000 miles.........
even thouogh i still have a long way to go, its prob not the best move....... but tried to do everything right & top notch on this one. sold a lot of the stock & after market parts (keept a few of the AF though). and reinvested a lot back into it.

i mixed and matched everything instead of being brand loyal, and tried to get the best of the best. luckily i found some good deals and got a few couple hook ups. but still dropped a ton of dough

R6 Stunt build
•atown cage
•scrapeworks sub frame
•omr sub cage
•hohey big rotor kit dual caliper set up
•left hand magura
•scotts stabilizer
•RSC ez pull
•black f4i caliper for the hohey bracket
•ebc hh pads for the HB caliper
•DCP radiator cage
•two brothers factory shorty exhaust
•custom SI round bar to go on the scrapworks (thanks ian, your messurements were perfect on the bar & base, mine were off on the base...lol)
•intigrated strip/bar style tail light
•star custom front & rear seats
•vortex rear sets
•vortex 7* clip ons (flipped) with woodcraft bars
•f4i throttle tube
•reinforce stock stay (soon to be C4)
•new chain and sprockets (0) (+6) still have a -1 & -2 incase i want more
•hydro tuff tank
•kleen air mod
•12oclocklabs healer
•DB DS windscreen
•power comander
•bmc race filter
•velcoity stacks
•new grips
•prob a bunch more stuff that I forgot……….
•and always the little odds and ends that add up to

still need to to do or order.....
•SS front lines
•SI front axel pegs
•fan over ride switch
•a couple custom stickers
•set up front & rear suspention adjustments
•test and tweek some more

bike before the build.........

pics of the tear down

few ramdon shots of installing a few parts....

check out the difference of an R6 throttle tube to a f4i.......

kleen air mod....... remove the air induction system (flip the reeds underneath the ports, & cap the port holes off). dont forget top cap off the port on the air box the AIS comes out of.

scrapeworks subframe and making a round bar fit.......

after some more work on the subframe and round bar.............
[IMG] http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/43...600x600Q85.jpg [/IMG]

Old 03-03-2010, 03:43 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future
Re: 09/10 winter project..... 2005 R6 stunt build

finished product "full fairing"..........

after a test ride, i decided to take off the front end and street fighter it. for this season (or at least for a little while)

finished product "SF" street fighter (other than a few parts & decals still waiting for)..........

Old 03-03-2010, 05:00 PM

Criscone24 is a decent person

looks good! Dont see many R6's stunted out.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:17 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

put the upper back on
Old 03-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Thats dope son...sale it to me..haha
Old 03-03-2010, 07:39 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Nice. Now kick it to the floor so you wont be so upset when you drop it next weekend.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 PM

DC-stunts is a decent person

That is NOT how you do the clean air mod on the R6s
Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 PM
www.GRAMX.com

Sicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to behold

nice job ... now like neal said kick it to the floor lol ....
Old 03-03-2010, 09:53 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

Originally Posted by DC-stunts
i was told this is all you had to do was this .......... maybe i need to do something else..... or are the cap offs bad? they should be the same as smog block offs..... i thought it did the same thing as below just a different method of doing it.
http://www.all-out-motorsports.com/f...yzf-r6s-t3597/

ive seen it done before on a few bikes. i thought it was fine (correct me if im wrong). it shouldnt hurt since its the same theory as smog block offs right.
smog block offs replace those 2 ports i capped off. and i saw a "how to" before on how you dont need block offs, you can just take them off and flip the reeds (since there a one way air thing). you dont really need the caps , but i put them on anyway. then i capped off the air box were the AIS comes out of.

basically i did the same thing shown above but instead of running hoses i capped it off (except read the edit, hose #3 was never supposed supposed to be done...lol you leave those stock hoses on there and keep them connected to the case and air box. i was under the impression that this was the kleen air mod and what kept the oil from coming up and in your air box and then back down through the air box and into you engine...... maybe i missed something. bike ran great on the test run, or are ou saying it wont keep oil out of the air box......?
how did you do yours
thanks for the heads up bro

Originally Posted by Sicc0
nice job ... now like neal said kick it to the floor lol ....
yeah i know

Last edited by INSANECRAZZY; 03-03-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 PM
HARLEM BOYZ

NARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura aboutNARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura aboutNARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura about

Looking good maan .
Old 03-03-2010, 10:27 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

because of yours and neils r6 i am now looking for a r6 lol for sure im gonna trade one of the 06 636s for it....some one has one i know it.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:34 PM

ghost* is a decent person

is this a neil morgan calabo those plastics look familiar..maybe the pipe too?

deff go full fairing looks waaaay better
Old 03-04-2010, 12:15 AM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

put them plastics back on.....lol glad i wrapped mine becuase there is to many blue r6's...lol looks good tho buddy
Old 03-04-2010, 12:33 AM

WILL215 is a decent person

looks good man....
+1 on puttin the upper back on, i'd jus shorten it a bit though
Old 03-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Attack Squirrel Owner

DOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant future

Looks good!

but I like it better with the upper on it too.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:57 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

Originally Posted by DC-stunts
thanks for bringing that up to my attention!!!!!!!!!!

i based it on
this pic below, but didnt realize that hose # 4 was connected to the crank case breather and the air box in the front

so........, change of plan with the kleen air mod. the way i did it is how race guys do it, but there not concerend with gettng oil in there air box.

i did not realize that hose #4 in the pics posted above was comming from the crank case breather. so if you do it this way you have 2 options for the crank case breather. one either go back and redo the way show on alloutmotorsports from zesus.

or do it my way and...................
  1. remove hose #4 out of the air box
  2. cap port #4 on the air box
  3. reroute hose #4 with a breathable catch can or breather filter or smething like that.
if you do it like that its a true kleen air mod for stunting and theres No worries of hydrolocking the motor.

this is hose #4!!!! it come out of the air box and needs to be extended to go to the tee! i cant belive i didnt catch that, im an idiot

i didnt realize it before from looking at the other thread, thats way i did it this way. i just thought that hose # 4 was the other hose comming from the AIS and just vented out somewhere.

all i need to do is take #4 below and put a breathable catch can or breather filter or smething like that.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:09 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

still not right...lol I had to call cutler to figure it out! hes the r6 mastermind
Old 03-04-2010, 05:23 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
still not right...lol I had to call cutler to figure it out! hes the r6 mastermind
that top pic is not mine...... its from................
and theres a edit that says he screwed up too, and you dont do anything to hose #3. heres the link below.
http://www.all-out-motorsports.com/f...yzf-r6s-t3597/

but i was pretty sure if i remove the AIS, do the smog block offs, and take the crank case breather out of the air and install a vented catch can cup it will do the job fine.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:27 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

DO NOT put block off plates in.....you need to keep the stock plates. under each of the plates are 2 little net looking this with 2 screws and 2 little plates in each. you take the screws and plates out. put the 2 metal nets back in the way they came and put the stock cover back on....your not letting the oil breathe when you block them and the bike will still smoke
Old 03-04-2010, 05:28 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

and if you keep the AIS there is a plunger on the inside of the very bottom you take out to save you from buying the t fitting and you can disconnect it

Quick Reply: 09/10 winter project..... 2005 R6 stunt build