36.12%
GSXR
11.29%
CBR 600rr
9.48%
R6
9.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 443. You may not vote on this poll

Why is the F4i and 636 > the cbr 600rr and R6?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 07:26 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person
Re: Why is the F4i and 636 > the cbr 600rr and R6?

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
congrats u win the stuntlife most retarded comment of the month award.
+1, did Klem start another account?
Old 12-29-2009, 12:18 AM

D-Jones is a decent person

Just puttin it out there, any coments on the 929. Iv been going back and forth on getting a f4i or 929.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Jim G

jimG is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
congrats u win the stuntlife most retarded comment of the month award.
worded it wrong,i just meant i wanted it to be more torque and less top speed. oops
Old 12-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Wannabe Stunter

chicrider13 is a decent person

Originally Posted by D-Jones
Just puttin it out there, any coments on the 929. Iv been going back and forth on getting a f4i or 929.
I just picked up a 929 a few weeks ago... haven't had the chance to stunt it yet though because its in the process of being rebuilt (was looped by previous owner). But I've only heard good things about it so far.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Village Idiot

kidblooper is a decent person

i like my fz1.. then again i haven't done much stuntin
Old 01-03-2010, 07:25 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Turtle
in response to onewheel....Did you actually notice a different between throttle tube on a f4i and 600rr?? I put two of them up side by side and really don't see a difference at all
yup definitely noticed a difference. also, when i first put the throttle tube on and noticed the throttle response was twitchier, I posted up somewhere and asked nags if he noticed it and both him and kj if I remember correctly said they noticed a difference in the throttle response. But this is for the 1000rr. I did tell someone about trying the F4i tube on their 600rr because I mixed things up and said I had the 600rr setup on my bike when it was really the 1000rr setup lol. Thankfully it worked for them. Read from post 27 on.

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444...+throttle+tube

I cant find the thread where nags and kj both agreed on the 1000rr setup being twitchier but they did damn it lol.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:33 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Oh yeah... Definitely worth it. Smooths out the bike and here's why: other than being a physically smaller tube, the f4i tube is round where the cable lays. The 07 and up 600rr has a slightly oblong shape. The reason why is: honda tried to electronically simulate a slipper clutch with a dynamic ignition map. When the engine brake increases at a given rate, the ecm tries to alter the engine brake with ignition timing and an electronic stepping motor in the throttlebody assembly. The throttle tube was designed as a quick turn throttle with a decreasing radius, so that the engine brake is more severe and the throttlebodies close more abruptly, enabling the ecm to sense the increased engine brake. Long story short, the f4i tube works. It will smooth the bike out. You have to remove the airbox and take up cable slack by the throttlebodies if you install one. Worth the 9.95 and the 15 minutes of work in my opinion.
Originally Posted by jlh42581
btw, did this mod, i didnt have to take the tank off. cable had plenty of adjustment at the throttle housing and was immediately noticed in how easy it became.
Originally Posted by BandAidSquid
My bike is still twitchy also but the trottle tube did help but the way I see it isy bike will never be as forgiving as an f4izzle.... Sad but true.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:09 PM
what had happened was....

-kyle- will become famous soon enough-kyle- will become famous soon enough

electrical problems now with my cbr rr, stating to get super sick of honda's. no joke. best lookin bikes out IMO but by far the worst to work on....
Old 01-06-2010, 11:02 PM
THE 1 & ONLY

ALEX707 is an unknown quantity at this point

must say i miss my 600rr, but was trying to learn on it, after 30k miles and about 20 loops I fixed it one last time and got an f4i. parts are easy, everyone has some around so thought it a better choice. but still wish i had the 600rr take it apart enough times and its not that hard to **** with. i am still a squid but now that i can actually roll a whoolie wondering how that rr is.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:10 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

Originally Posted by ALEX707
must say i miss my 600rr, but was trying to learn on it, after 30k miles and about 20 loops I fixed it one last time and got an f4i. parts are easy, everyone has some around so thought it a better choice. but still wish i had the 600rr take it apart enough times and its not that hard to **** with. i am still a squid but now that i can actually roll a whoolie wondering how that rr is.
i had a friend who started out on a 05 600rr and he wasnt making any big jumps in his game ,then he got a f4i did really well , then another 600rr and became one of the best guys i have ever seen to ride that bike . now he has a 636 . i still have my 600rr ,i love it but not as a stunt bike
Old 03-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

i posted this a while ago
Old 03-03-2010, 07:00 PM

crashking is a decent person

Originally Posted by skillz
i had a friend who started out on a 05 600rr and he wasnt making any big jumps in his game ,then he got a f4i did really well , then another 600rr and became one of the best guys i have ever seen to ride that bike . now he has a 636 . i still have my 600rr ,i love it but not as a stunt bike
I'm starting off stunting with a 600rr, it is stupidly twitchy, but i have installed an ignition module to it and power commander, talked to one of the best dyno tuners in Australia, and he reckons he can make it run like a slug just like an F4i no problems. That is going to happen next monday, so i will have to post a new thread about it when i get to ride it and see a difference. BP is still super high, and the standard pillion pegs position suck azz. But if we can get rid of that initial big twitch you get from opening the throttle, i think it will make it a perfect bike. I have looped mine a few times and had it airborne and land right on its left hand side after falling almost 1.5 metres in the air and she is still fine lol
Old 03-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Is building another f4i

never found the throttle a problem , but it felt like the swingarm was unloading on the way up to balance point during any type of tank wheelies
Old 03-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Is building another f4i

oh yeah i weighed around 240 lb. at the time
Old 03-03-2010, 07:08 PM

crashking is a decent person

Originally Posted by skillz
oh yeah i weighed around 240 lb. at the time
Lol im only a skinny turd, 72kg. that might be something like 150lbs lol, so i think the bike doesnt even feel my weight on it, its just stuntin by itself, maybe thats why its twitchy to me, i need to put the beef on
Old 03-03-2010, 09:58 PM

KINGjafeJOE is a decent person

WHO CARES WHAT U GET....JUST GET THE CHEAPEST BIKE YOU CAN FIND AND MAKE IT BULLETPROOF....AT THE END OF THE DAY YOUR GONNA BEAT THE **** OUT OF IT ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 PM

KINGjafeJOE is a decent person

O0O bye the way i have a 03/636

Old 03-11-2010, 06:01 PM

psychoJIMstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by Turtle
Damn neil....I think boarder was just saying that a 636 may be better for you since you are a midget and he is 6'2''. He actually told me he had bought a new necklace the other day and was curious if you wouldn't mind coming over and hanging from it (like the ludacris song) hahaha....love you

in response to onewheel....Did you actually notice a different between throttle tube on a f4i and 600rr?? I put two of them up side by side and really don't see a difference at all
I know this is an OLD thread, but was reading it anyway....

Same damn throttle tube (I worked for Honda from 02-07). In fact, most 7/8 throttle tubes are exactly alike. I just took an extra throttle tube from my 954 and fixed a 1996 Vulcan 750..... get some of that action. I ordered a billit throttle ASSEMBLY for the KX450F and used it on my 954 to get rid of the old bulky housing that was stock, and guess what???? Same god damn throttle tube. However the housing was different, and the cables are longer for my DB bars. Took some ingenuity to shorten one of the cable housings 1/8th inch for the cable bracket on the throttle bodies, but I'm a ******* genius so it wasn't ****.

IMO the throttle assembly and it's functionality is more important than the throttle tube. Newer bikes have a more responsive and silky smooth throttle based upon the type of throttle bodies they use, the design and TPS systems they use. The ZX6 uses TWO throtle position sensors (which by the way are as expensive to replace as picking up a new motor on ebay) however...... they are ******* butter smooth. Just me opinion. The 600RR was Honda's first attempt at a dual stage fuel injection system. I believe the second injector for each cylinder fires at 6500rpm, the F4i only had one injector per cyclinder, weak midrange, but was very smooth (and slow....kinda like myself). The 929's and 954's have the same style FI system, where the 1kRR's have the dual stage.... The dual stage injection system causes for choppy slow throtle because it wasn't designed to stunt, it was designed to accellorate out of corners on a track.

Bottom line is, we do all this debating back and forth.... and there is some hindu douchebag in India right now, killing it on a 250cc bone stock carb'd bike with one cylinder and no gear on making guys like us look like clowns, but no one knows him because those ******* can't afford the steam off a free bowl of soup, much less to come to the US, get a new 600 and demolish everyone's game.

When you argue which is better...... go take a look at some old footage of Christian Pfeiffer on a Ducati Monster, and then google Gary Rothwell on a ******* 1990's GSXR 1100. Now that was a ******* tank in every sense of the word. Plus look at his parts back then...... rolling 200' + stoppies with 2-3 people on the bike? LOOOOONG bunny hops? 12'clock combo tricks? All the way back when most of you were still learning how to not **** your pants and tell mommy when you needed to go potty.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:19 PM

PAINTRIXX is a decent person

Originally Posted by blee
Your on the wrong forum

+1
Old 03-12-2010, 01:12 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by psychoJIMstunts
I know this is an OLD thread, but was reading it anyway....

Same damn throttle tube (I worked for Honda from 02-07). In fact, most 7/8 throttle tubes are exactly alike. I just took an extra throttle tube from my 954 and fixed a 1996 Vulcan 750..... get some of that action. I ordered a billit throttle ASSEMBLY for the KX450F and used it on my 954 to get rid of the old bulky housing that was stock, and guess what???? Same god damn throttle tube. However the housing was different, and the cables are longer for my DB bars. Took some ingenuity to shorten one of the cable housings 1/8th inch for the cable bracket on the throttle bodies, but I'm a ******* genius so it wasn't ****.

IMO the throttle assembly and it's functionality is more important than the throttle tube. Newer bikes have a more responsive and silky smooth throttle based upon the type of throttle bodies they use, the design and TPS systems they use. The ZX6 uses TWO throtle position sensors (which by the way are as expensive to replace as picking up a new motor on ebay) however...... they are ******* butter smooth. Just me opinion. The 600RR was Honda's first attempt at a dual stage fuel injection system. I believe the second injector for each cylinder fires at 6500rpm, the F4i only had one injector per cyclinder, weak midrange, but was very smooth (and slow....kinda like myself). The 929's and 954's have the same style FI system, where the 1kRR's have the dual stage.... The dual stage injection system causes for choppy slow throtle because it wasn't designed to stunt, it was designed to accellorate out of corners on a track.

Bottom line is, we do all this debating back and forth.... and there is some hindu douchebag in India right now, killing it on a 250cc bone stock carb'd bike with one cylinder and no gear on making guys like us look like clowns, but no one knows him because those ******* can't afford the steam off a free bowl of soup, much less to come to the US, get a new 600 and demolish everyone's game.

When you argue which is better...... go take a look at some old footage of Christian Pfeiffer on a Ducati Monster, and then google Gary Rothwell on a ******* 1990's GSXR 1100. Now that was a ******* tank in every sense of the word. Plus look at his parts back then...... rolling 200' + stoppies with 2-3 people on the bike? LOOOOONG bunny hops? 12'clock combo tricks? All the way back when most of you were still learning how to not **** your pants and tell mommy when you needed to go potty.
why have i seen 20 posts of you saying you were a tech at honda or kawasaki dealer or whatever thinking you know so much more than everyone on this site.....no one cares

Quick Reply: Why is the F4i and 636 > the cbr 600rr and R6?