stand up wheelies vs. sit down

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 01:57 AM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person
Re: stand up wheelies vs. sit down

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
you're buggin. a bp sitdown on the street is way more gangsta than a staggered wheelie
fa sho!!! it aint even a question
Old 09-27-2009, 03:45 AM

99CBRXX is a decent person

a wheelie's a wheelie.....as long as it comes up and you don't wreck you gangsta in my book....so far as which looks more impressive though i give it to the staggered standup on the highway.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Never Good Enuff

chipottley is a decent person

Dont agree with you at all and Im sure most people would agree - skill wise a BP sitdown on the highway or street is more gangsta than a staggered wheelie And since I had this discussion earlier - you get more props doing a long staggered wheelie on the street than a seat stander.
That's the fucked up thing about stuntin, the more skill something requires, the less it's appreciated by people who don't understand how hard the **** is to do, but you can take the most basic stunts and make them super impressive just because they are so "showey".

I agree completely that sit downs require more skill, I'm just sayin that stand-ups have more "show-off appeal" IMO

Bottom line: They're both sick. I wouldn't kick either of 'em outta bed
Old 09-27-2009, 07:07 PM

jamstoyz is a decent person

+1 on me being *** backwards cause sit downs are way easier for me than stand ups. thats how i learned wheelies so it just feels natural.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:32 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

skill wise a BP sitdown on the highway or street is more gangsta than a staggered wheelie
yeah for fast wheelies sitdowns are one of the best, that and HC, gangsterest street wheelie I got are 50mph frog podiums
Old 09-27-2009, 07:46 PM
im 14 beitch

capitol g is a decent person

side by side sitdowns on the freeway i think are sick
Old 09-27-2009, 08:04 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by chipottley
That's the fucked up thing about stuntin, the more skill something requires, the less it's appreciated by people who don't understand how hard the **** is to do, but you can take the most basic stunts and make them super impressive just because they are so "showey".

I agree completely that sit downs require more skill, I'm just sayin that stand-ups have more "show-off appeal" IMO

Bottom line: They're both sick. I wouldn't kick either of 'em outta bed
okay i'll agree with you to some extent. if you ask people who dont know about wheelies what looks better, they dont know enough about the skill required to execute these wheelies so they'll say seat stander then staggered then sitdown. But in reality if you ask a stunt rider whats more gangsta - it would be the exact opposite because of the skill required to pull them off. sitdowns are harder than staggered and ss and staggered requires more work than a ss. obviously everyone starts with staggered but once you know how to do a staggered and know how to do a ss - the staggered is a lot harder to maintain for long distances than a ss. same w the sd - the sd is a lot harder to maintain for long distances than both
Old 09-27-2009, 08:09 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by jamstoyz
+1 on me being *** backwards cause sit downs are way easier for me than stand ups. thats how i learned wheelies so it just feels natural.
not being a dick but are you rockin sit down at bp on the streets/highways??? coz anyone can do a pow pow sitdown but we're talkin about BP straight up and down sitdowns. Thats not one of the easiest wheelies to do - especially at speeds. I know plenty of people who are street murderers and murder the lot too but when it comes to sitdowns at speeds they can do them decent - not the best but decent - but they acknowledge that they're one of the hardest street wheelies to do. From what Ive seen moving at speeds in a street sd you catch wobbles and its a lot harder to correct than a ss wheelie.

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
yeah for fast wheelies sitdowns are one of the best, that and HC, gangsterest street wheelie I got are 50mph frog podiums
50mph frogodiums Me personally I think the sickest in the streets are sitdowns and spreaders. HC are gangsta too though fo sho.

Originally Posted by capitol g
side by side sitdowns on the freeway i think are sick
yessir.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:10 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

okay i'll agree with you to some extent. if you ask people who dont know about wheelies what looks better, they dont know enough about the skill required to execute these wheelies so they'll say seat stander then staggered then sitdown. But in reality if you ask a stunt rider whats more gangsta - it would be the exact opposite because of the skill required to pull them off. sitdowns are harder than staggered and ss and staggered requires more work than a ss. obviously everyone starts with staggered but once you know how to do a staggered and know how to do a ss - the staggered is a lot harder to maintain for long distances than a ss. same w the sd - the sd is a lot harder to maintain for long distances than both
6k idle on a 900RR in 3rd used to be awesome for sit down no handers on the streets. I can't get my 636 to clutchless shift with the idle above 5K so I can't do them anymore....
Old 09-27-2009, 08:29 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin
6k idle on a 900RR in 3rd used to be awesome for sit down no handers on the streets. I can't get my 636 to clutchless shift with the idle above 5K so I can't do them anymore....
that takes the cake right thurrrrr - fast sit down no handers on the highway/streets in 3rd gear
Old 09-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Paint It

kaosquad is a decent person

Originally Posted by DH-GSXR600
Sit downs are harder to learn at BP IMO but i learned idle doin sit downs which seems backwards to me.
You also fucked up a knee learning those idle sit downs.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:31 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

i <3 sitdowns..
staggered to me feels unatural..

and the most gangster street wheelie is a nice 15-20mph BP Spreader
or a rev limiter sitdown coaster down a city st.. mmmmmmm
Old 09-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

rockn a sit down on a bumpy *** road is fun as hell
Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 AM

quickstreet502 is a decent person

Originally Posted by wolfmanjack
****, i need help learning stand-ups. No issues with sit-downs. . .i'm *** backwards!
+1
Old 09-28-2009, 01:50 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
or a rev limiter sitdown coaster down a city st.. mmmmmmm
that will definitely get you the most attention lol.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:51 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by skillz
rockn a sit down on a bumpy *** road is fun as hell
thats coz youre so gangsta cuz
Old 09-28-2009, 01:25 PM

jamstoyz is a decent person

not being a dick but are you rockin sit down at bp on the streets/highways??? coz anyone can do a pow pow sitdown but we're talkin about BP straight up and down sitdowns. Thats not one of the easiest wheelies to do - especially at speeds. I know plenty of people who are street murderers and murder the lot too but when it comes to sitdowns at speeds they can do them decent - not the best but decent - but they acknowledge that they're one of the hardest street wheelies to do. From what Ive seen moving at speeds in a street sd you catch wobbles and its a lot harder to correct than a ss wheelie.

50mph frogodiums Me personally I think the sickest in the streets are sitdowns and spreaders. HC are gangsta too though fo sho.

yessir.
yes im rockin sit downs at bp. 2nd or 3rd gear. idk but i could always do a sd on my dirt bike and my 954 but cant get bp on my 636 for the life of me. just need more practice i guess. also slow **** is way harder than fast **** by far.